Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Machine Gun

texifornia

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Supposedly recruiting ‘25 WR Trishstin Glass along with ‘24 OL Mike Uini. 

https://247sports.com/player/trishstin-glass-46133727/

Tony Johnson looks like the kind of guy who is rockin' a Salt Life truck sticker and may or may not be sportin' a pair of old Ed Hardy bedazzled jeans under that button down.

Guess with that ring he's a UT fan, I suppose. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Tony Johnson looks like the kind of guy who is rockin' a Salt Life truck sticker and may or may not be sportin' a pair of old Ed Hardy bedazzled jeans under that button down.

Guess with that ring he's a UT fan, I suppose. 

He's a proud Italian. The ring is from Cedar Hill's state championship. He was on Joey McGuire's staff there.

36 minutes ago, Mason Ramsey said:

Which one of us is looking at this wrong? This distribution is pretty normal, no?

image.png.5dd8c2679b265b439d406c99748a0276.png

30 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Something funky between those two rankings where the same relative ranking seems to be leading to wildly different star outputs.

from on3:

image.png.0af06f2295380024fedf8bc5508591c9.png

1 hour ago, Mason Ramsey said:

Which one of us is looking at this wrong? This distribution is pretty normal, no?

image.png.5dd8c2679b265b439d406c99748a0276.png

A low four star, someone with a 90 ranking is usually a borderline top 250 player in the country. A 97.6 is a borderline five star. As tex pointed out, a dude with a 90 ranking shouldn't be more like #247, not #47

247 is annoying with their number rankings and how they contribute to composite. 

The number reflects a rating that is consistent across all active classes which is easily verifiable by looking at recruit rankings by 247 rating and flipping between classes. The #1 player in '25 is currently a 93, but will be a 99 when that class signs. 

Composite uses their rating from other sites, and their ranking on 247 as a retroactive upgrade. David Sanders is a perfect example. He has a perfect 1.000 composite, is the #1 player in '25, and is rated a 93 by 247. 

Now, it appears that on3 is going doing the same thing, except when a service does not provide a rating, the on3 composite counts a zero, where the 247 composite doesn't ding the overall. 

36 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

A low four star, someone with a 90 ranking is usually a borderline top 250 player in the country. A 97.6 is a borderline five star. As tex pointed out, a dude with a 90 ranking shouldn't be more like #247, not #47

I get what you're saying. I was looking strictly at rank in the country/position/state and not player rating (90 vs 97.6).

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/4/2023 at 11:40 PM, cmontexas said:

Didnt like 12 Scobels play for TcU?

Yes and at least a couple in the NFL.  He's worth an offer because pretty much every male Schobel is really good at football.  He may grow in to another position if the genes kick in.  His dad was a TE and his uncle a DE.

Edited by kevwun

5 hours ago, kevwun said:

Yes and at least a couple in the NFL.  He's worth an offer because pretty much every male Schobel is really good at football.  He may grow in to another position if the genes kick in.  His dad was a TE and his uncle a DE.

The kid is a stud qb. He will be going to a p5 as a qb

5 hours ago, texifornia said:

Really hope to get this kid. I’m addition to probably being at least half-homie he’s very good at football. I was specifically watching him in the state title game and I don’t remember Duncanville even throwing at him once. 

8 hours ago, kevwun said:

They make some damn good comfort food too.

On 1/6/2023 at 1:17 PM, cmontexas said:

Paxton Anderson's brother?

Sorry for the late response, but I just saw this and looked it up. Apparently not from the Paxton/Charlotte Jones Anderson family, but he did play on the same youth team as Jerry Jones’ grandson and turned heads even as a fourth grader. The Athletic profiled him last May.

https://theathletic.com/3320240/2022/05/19/sawyer-anderson-recruiting-texas/

He has taken an unofficial visit to Texas A&M. Texas has expressed interest. And he’s earned scholarship offers from Oklahoma State, North Carolina, Boston College, Memphis, Missouri, SMU, TCU, Texas Tech and others. That’s a pretty impressive resume for a Class of 2025 prospect.

Maybe it’s Anderson’s production. Maybe it’s his bloodline given his grandfather, Donny Anderson, is a two-time Super Bowl champion who played for Hall of Fame coach Vince Lombardi. Or maybe it’s Novakov’s track record of developing top-level quarterback prospects. It’s probably a combination of all those things. But one thing is clear: Anderson has a chance to be one of the top quarterbacks in his class.

• Hook 'Em 1

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Machine Gun