Ewers in the portal

Bruh Man

Just now, FloridaHorn said:

He wasn’t 4th string by the end of the year. Miller already entered the portal and Ewers was going to be competing for the backup spot in the spring. It’s as if you just started following this shit yesterday, spent the night in a Holiday Inn Express, and now you think you’re a fucking expert.

He’s listed as third string in Ourlads with only 3 qbs on the roster. Ok. Let’s all hope if he comes here he does great

3 minutes ago, DiceHands said:

In my head, Rattler to tech and Ewers to Texas makes the most sense. So that probably means Rattler will go play for USC and Ewers will go to OU.

Fuck no.

19 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

He wasn’t 4th string by the end of the year. Miller already entered the portal and Ewers was going to be competing for the backup spot in the spring. It’s as if you just started following this shit yesterday, spent the night in a Holiday Inn Express, and now you think you’re a fucking expert.

Man, that’s a lot of words just to say “technically he’ll be 3rd string as one of the guys ahead of him is also transferring”

1 minute ago, victory88 said:

Keep in mind. If Ewers comes here and Sark has him putting big numbers and has us winning 9-10 games, I wouldn’t be shocked to see Manning’s interest grow.  Ewers could and probably is planning on going pro the minute he’s eligible.  That means Manning would essentially be the starter and get starter reps the spring after his first season here.  Basically he would simply have to wait 1 semester to have the keys handed to him.

Lol You don’t hand a Manning the keys. The Manning hands the keys to you

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

If he’s a bust then so be it. This program needs a perception change regionally and nationally and this would help a fuck ton. Plus he’ll get other kids to sign here as well. 

23 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

That’s what I’m screaming.

Having him as a qb would be great but all the other players that would follow would be huge.

This shit right here. Him reclassified fucked a lot of things up.

18 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

If he gets one competent offensive lineman to sign here then it's a huge win.

Oh, we'll be getting at least one competent offensive lineman alright. If mulletman comes here, we'll get some of the guys we've been wanting all these years.

11 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Jesus, some of y'all are acting like you have battered spouse syndrome. Time to move on from this season and embrace the chance at getting a #1 QB recruit. 

2 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Um... you HAVE seen the last decade of Texas football, right?

Yes, and I know it loves me no matter what it looks like to YOU.  You wouldn't understand!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

Here at Texas we’ve had a large sample of highly ranked high school QBs from Chris Simms to Vince Young to Garret Gilbert. How did that work out?  It took Vince the better part of two seasons to prove undeniably that he should be on the field against the likes of Chance Mock.  Simms was decent, but never lived up to the hype.  Gilbert ended up being cuttable. 

To be fair, how many of these QB’s had Greg Davis as their offensive coordinator.  Vince Young was only good when he stopped listening to Davis and a lot of his great plays were broken plays.  I can’t count how many times during Simms years it was obvious the exact play we were running and if I knew it, I am damn sure the D we were facing knew also.  Also, you should refer to Gilbert as Super Bowl champion Garrett Gilbert so apparently he didn’t end up being that bad of a college QB.

Edited by Beantown Express 2.0
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

If he’s a true Longhorn like he said he was as a kid, no way he even remotely considers aggy.  That would be a slap to his parents who are Longhorn grads.

It's almost as if you've never had kids...

Most decent people DGAF, as long as their kids are pursuing something constructive.  Insert aggy sucks comment here, but damn if most folks would take offense to their kids NOT choosing the alma mater of their parents.  Owning your own path and shit...

16 minutes ago, slorch said:

Most decent people DGAF, as long as their kids are pursuing something constructive.  Insert aggy sucks comment here, but damn if most folks would take offense to their kids NOT choosing the alma mater of their parents.  Owning your own path and shit...

I get it.  I’m all for forging your own path…. But then there is picking aggy…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Chris Simms went 11-2 and 11-2 as the starting QB at Texas capped with a 35-20 Cotton Bowl victory against Nick Saban's LSU team.

Decent is an understatement. 

We almost had Eli instead of Simms.  I wonder how that would have gone...

28 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Chris Simms went 11-2 and 11-2 as the starting QB at Texas capped with a 35-20 Cotton Bowl victory against Nick Saban's LSU team.

Decent is an understatement. 

At the risk of rekindling decades old Simms-Applewhite debates, I’ll simply opine that while those records were impressive, those Texas teams were absolutely loaded with NFL talent of the staying power variety, and Simms’ overall performance fell miles short of some extremely lofty expectations, whether those expectations were fairly placed or not. Simms was THE #1 recruit in the country with pedigree

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, slorch said:

You’re mostly right. With my kids who will be going to school starting in 5 years, I tell then which schools are academically prolific and in what areas. I think I have at least 1 college athlete out of the three kids, and we will see. But my affinity for Texas takes a backseat to what is most advantageous for them - athletically and academically. 

The Eweres probably stay out of it or nudge him to Texas in the event of some indecision amongst equal opportunities. 

49 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Legit QBs will look at the state of our offensive line and run away as fast as they can.  The potential for debilitating injury will cause them to look somewhere else.

If he wants the Mohomes experience in college, that could be a plus.   Lol

Ewers is only 4th string because he graduated HS a year early and didn't go through Spring practices with the team. He's a generational talent that isn't going to wait for Stroud to graduate/get drafted which I fully understand. 
But that's why I said it was always dumb for Ewers to pick Ohio State. 

Maybe Ewers knew that Texas didn’t have anything as far as NIL lined up for him and Ohio State threw the kitchen sink at him. Seeing that Ohio State is not going to be interested in shaking up the QB position anytime soon, and Texas is (finally) breaking out their NIL Gustav gun, Ewers could, and should, view this as an opportunity too good to pass up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

To be fair, how many of these QB’s had Greg Davis as their offensive coordinator.  Vince Young was only good when he stopped listening to Davis and a lot of his great plays were broken plays.  I can’t count how many times during Simms years it was obvious the exact play we were running and if I knew it, I am damn sure the D we were facing knew also.  Also, you should refer to Gilbert as Super Bowl champion Garrett Gilbert so apparently he didn’t end up being that bad of a college QB.

Greg Davis had more than his share of faults, but Vince didn't really thrive until Mack and Davis installed a zone-read offense. It wasn't all Vince improv and broken plays. There was a conscious effort to tailor the offensive scheme to Vince's particular set of skills. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, ALexusTexus7 said:

Maybe Ewers knew that Texas didn’t have anything as far as NIL lined up for him and Ohio State threw the kitchen sink at him. Seeing that Ohio State is not going to be interested in shaking up the QB position anytime soon, and Texas is (finally) breaking out their NIL Gustav gun, Ewers could, and should, view this as an opportunity too good to pass up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly.  Everyone here would take the deal he got in a fucking heartbeat.  Idc how big of a Texas homer you are.  He would have been an idiot to pass up that $$$

1 hour ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Don't forget Applewhite's value for checking out of called plays to actually attack a defense.  And no, I'm not wanting to revive the Simms-Applewhite debate. Just saying Applewhite also had to find ways to overcome Davis.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Yes, and I'm absolutely sick of it.  But let's cry about Ewers' hair and be super negative on the idea of us signing him. 

Agree.

If someone has made the same fucking observation or lame Sark joke twenty times, maybe take a breath and stop, or at least be fucking funny about it. 

I respect people's right to negativism. Just wring out the hanky and shut up about it for ten minutes, will ya?

Just now, RomaVicta said:

Agree.

If someone has made the same fucking observation or lame Sark joke twenty times, maybe take a breath and stop, or at least be fucking funny about it. 

I respect people's right to negativism. Just wring out the hanky and shut up about it for ten minutes, will ya?

I'm distraught and I insist you feel the same! 

• Haha 1