Ewers in the portal

Bruh Man

54 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I love it. Let's do it. Mini-NIL programs for project guys/grade-behavior risks to go to UTSA and UTEP to work like farm teams. 

Well Done Ends & The Pancake Shed

You get $15k/year to be a Roadrunner OL as RS, RS-FR then if you're the goods, you transfer to UT for JR & SR seasons.

We basically do this for academics. Let's do it for athletics, too!

Quick, what's the Miners version of Surly!?!

Let’s make sure we can beat UTSA before we start talking shit.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, Modessit said:
On 12/5/2021 at 7:04 AM, Walden Ponderer said:
Yep. When the "source" is "my sister's boyfriend's coisin's drug dealer" you are approaching peak $9.95.

I'm 2 days behind, but I just had to say that if a drug dealer knew what was up then FCB would have broken the story.

You said your sister's brother's cousin! /Conan the Destroyer

Edited by Nivek

2 hours ago, Vertigo said:

He was a true freshman getting his first college snaps against a national championship Bama defense. I don't really know what you were expecting. 

Those weren't his first college snaps. He played in mop-up duty during the regular season.

An exact analogue is Tua Tagovailoa, who saw spot duty as a true freshman then was pressed into duty in the National Championship game. That's what a good performance looks like.

16 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Nahlin just posted this --

Screen-Shot-2021-12-07-at-7-38-15-PM.png

My confidence is at 100%.

In other news, the Pancake Factory is starting to get national attention.  I expect money to pour in before signing day. Things are about to get real. 

It's time we put real substance behind "we're Texas".

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Those weren't his first college snaps. He played in mop-up duty during the regular season.
An exact analogue is Tua Tagovailoa, who saw spot duty as a true freshman then was pressed into duty in the National Championship game. That's what a good performance looks like.

He had about 8 passes didn’t he? There was plenty of opportunity to get him some real reps.

4 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

What's the latest?

Why don't you try reading the thread?  Oh wait, that will make you want to claw your eyes out.  OK, I'll tell you.  We still don't know shit other than TCU appears to be out.  Us vs Tech, and somehow it's actually competitive.

Edited by RabidM
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RabidM said:

Why don't you try reading the thread?  Oh wait, that will make you want to claw your eyes out.  OK, I'll tell you.  We still don't know shit other than TCU appears to be out.  Us vs Tech, and somehow it's actually competitive.

aight

Here's a virtual wiener sandwich as a thank you.

Weiner 1.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Drool 2

3 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

If by play well you mean commit 5 turnovers and have two touchdowns thrown to a wide ass open Shipley, yes he played well.  Turnovers and not being able to convert third downs caused our defense, who was absolutely butt fucking Alabama's o-line, to tire and give up a couple big running plays.

Gilbert was awful all on his own.  He finally became above-average as a 5th year playing in the run and shoot.

In Horn80's defense, he said Gilbert, "played well enough to almost win".  That doesn't necessarily mean he played well, but keep in mind that with about 4 minutes to go, it was still a 3 point game, and Texas had the ball with a chance for a game winning drive.  Can't really ask for more from a true Freshman with little real playing time under his belt.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

So when Ewers comes, is it a guarantee he starts?? Like are we telling him come here and you’ll start?? 
What if Casey maybe decides to stay and battle it out in the spring?? 

im just asking, because the other day I watched all our games up til halftime against OU. . 
before Thompson hurt his hand in my honest opinion idk how the rest of the season would have gone but going off his play before then he would have been an easy pick to go to New York for a lot of awards and most likely in the heisman   race. He definitely wasn’t perfect but man he looked good . 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Oh, Dian.

"In her lawsuit, she said Barker required her to have oral sex with him in his dressing room about twice a week for 3 1/2 years, first by using force and later by other means of coercion. Parkinson also said she had intercourse with Barker six or eight times out of fear that she would be fired if she refused."

This reminds me...did I ever tell y'all about my fling with the girl from Tech?

3 minutes ago, D3zii said:

So when Ewers comes, is it a guarantee he starts?? Like are we telling him come here and you’ll start?? 

im just asking, because the other day I watched all our games up til halftime against OU. . 
before Thompson hurt his hand in my honest opinion idk how the rest of the season would have gone but going off his play before then he would have been an easy pick to go to New York for a lot of awards and most likely in the heisman   race. He definitely wasn’t perfect but man he looked good . 

Quinn will run circles around Casey just on talent alone. Shit, Card beat him out and he sucks shit. If QE can learn the playbook, I have zero doubt he'll be our starter. 

3 hours ago, BigHornedLurker said:

We already get treated as the villain of CFB, we should lean into it.  Get those bad mofo's onto the playing field who want to be the bad guys too.  Go kick some ass on and off the field 

tumblr_nnolw4r9Fu1ust20uo1_500.gif&ehk=x

FUCK EM --    EMBRACE BEING THE VILLAIN 

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Are you sure you watched the right team and the right Casey?

8 minutes ago, ApocalypseTexas said:

There were many post on this site before the second half of ou about how good he was doing and awards talk.  It’s not that inconceivable he had led scoring drives on 40 out of 50 of his drives.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, ApocalypseTexas said:

6 minutes ago, SKA the boss said:

A friend of mine wants the address of this hookah lounge/sports bar where you witnessed this.

y’all tweakin

I’m not saying Casey was perfect or is even better than Ewers I’m just saying before that thumb injury Casey was solid  . 
Get off Ewers Dick for a min. 

Casey was 

had thrown for 1,000+ yards , 11 total TDS , 3ints and had one of the highest QBRs in the country before the halftime of the OU game 

All I’m saying is we’ve been down this road of putting all our eggs in one basket on more than one occasion (Sims, Gilbert) 

Edited by D3zii
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Casey was killing it by halftime of OU game, but i think that was Sark’s scheme/offense more than Casey.

The thumb injury didn’t cause his slow decision making, poor reads, and bad pocket presence. Time to move on. If we’re gonna have a shitty/subpar defense in the immediate future, we need a slinger at QB. 

11 minutes ago, RabidM said:

The staff is getting it's next starting QB out of the portal, whether we hit on Ewers or not.  It's unlikely Thompson sticks around.  I'm a little surprised he's not already in the portal. 

Honestly, I am too. Seems strange that he's not in it. I can't imagine he'll have any big suitors, but I could see him at Arky St or some lower tier 

59 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

I’d argue squints only played as well as he did because of the lack of snaps to that point. He didn’t even know he sucked yet and neither did we. If he’d had a hundred snaps before coming in the game, we would’ve all known the game was lost with 10 minutes left in the first quarter.

2817563-Blaine-Nye-Quote-The-triumph-of-an-uncluttered-mind.jpg.f170297f027f72acc73ad83f68fa6513.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

This whole situation shows why you don't worry about who might leave before the season starts. In late August if it was said Card was going to portal everyone would have lost their shit.

Now everyone would be ponying up $$ for pancakes to pay an OL to carry all his shit to the curb. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

y’all tweakin
 Casey was 
had thrown for 1,000+ yards

Check your math.
True, he did light up tech, but so did almost every other qb that played them. His Rice and TCU performances were pedestrian or adequate at best. To say he was on a Heisman trajectory is, well, quite generous.
And as others have stated, he’s unlikely to be on campus in the fall.