Ewers in the portal

Bruh Man

Reason I thought it was high is because we never heard a peep about him going to aggy or sooner. Realistically both could be better spots for him (if Williams leaves OU) to have a better roster around him next year. That he isn't even considering either might suggest he's big on Texas. 

11 hours ago, Eggo said:

This reminds me...did I ever tell y'all about my fling with the girl from Tech?

The one you met at Carl's Jr?

9 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Reason I thought it was high is because we never heard a peep about him going to aggy or sooner. Realistically both could be better spots for him (if Williams leaves OU) to have a better roster around him next year. That he isn't even considering either might suggest he's big on Texas. 

Jimbo mentioned to some group of reporters earlier this week that aggy wasn't interested in Ewers, they were solid in their latest recruited golden boy.  Which I interpreted as "Ewers won't return my calls."

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Jester said:

this is why we can't have nice things.  fucking orangebloods.

It's abundantly clear the other sites had this news earlier and sat on it as to not fuck anything up.  Then OB and their staff of lazy unconnected fat pidgeontoed douchebags sleuthed around until they found out what the buzz was about, and put it out there for everyone to see thereby allowing Tech and others to try and slow it down.  Fuck Ketch.  Fuck Anwar.  Fuck OB.

Our 9.95ers have fucked us hard over the years. I can’t imagine other big time schools getting shot in the foot so repeatedly by charlatans 

29 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Our 9.95ers have fucked us hard over the years. I can’t imagine other big time schools getting shot in the foot so repeatedly by charlatans 

It's OK. Our "hometown" beat writers do it, too. Kirk Bohls doesn't even vote for our players to win the Heisman, not even the greatest CFB player of all time.

Think this shit would fly in college station? Or even Houston?

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, Steamboat1874 said:

I only saw Ewers play once and that was in that state championship game against Westlake and I though Klubnik was a much better QB.

Ewers floated a lot of deep balls which works ok in high school but will not work well in college.

IIRC Ewers was sporting some pretty serious injuries (Hernia or cracked ribs) I think someone mentioned this in the thread. Not going to go out on the limb and say he's a world beater just yet, but I was impressed that he went out there and tried to go. It's only one data point but I appreciate ANY degree of toughness in the era of the participation trophy!

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

I only saw Ewers play once and that was in that state championship game against Westlake and I though Klubnik was a much better QB.

Ewers floated a lot of deep balls which works ok in high school but will not work well in college.

Klubnik is an elite QB having the opinion that he's better than Ewers is perfectly acceptable.  Your take was that Thompson is better.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Gene Parmesan said:

Klubnik is an elite QB having the opinion that he's better than Ewers is perfectly acceptable.  Your take was that Thompson is better.

Once we did not go all in on Klubnik early, he was not going to come here. His parents care about the pride of an aggy. Jimbo is the one who truly screwed up in that recruitment and I thank him for it. I'd rather see him at Clemson vs. hating him as an aggy player.

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Ewers had a lot fewer weapons than Klubnik had and aside from being less mobile, he was injured, and under a fierce rush all game. The fact that he led SLC to 35 points in that game against the greatest Westlake defense ever is astounding, as that is around half the total WL gave up that season, including North Shore.   

IT --

Ohio State transfer quarterback Quinn Ewers (Southlake Carroll, TX) is expected to visit Texas on Saturday. This will be his second face-to-face meeting with Steve Sarkisian since he entered the transfer portal last Friday.

Along with Ewers, Texas is trying to get its remaining targets to campus one last time before National Signing Day next Wednesday. IT will have more on that as the week unfolds. One other player who may visit is North Shore five-star cornerback Denver Harris. Harris has to work around a playoff game in Round Rock on Saturday.

A factor IT believes helped UT gain serious traction in this recruitment is the feedback Ewers has received from his original classmates. Though he reclassified to the 2021 class and spent a season in Columbus, next Wednesday was to be his original signing day. Since entering the portal, Ewers has mentioned he wants to help recruit players to the school of his choosing. Texas is certainly greater than Texas Tech in that regard.

The familiarity Ewers has with many in the class has allowed him to do homework on where guys are leaning. Throughout that reconnaissance, Texas has fared well.

Something to keep in mind, however, Texas A&M is making one final push to host common targets as well.

Texas is oh so close to establishing momentum down the final stretch, but a little work remains. If Ewers selects Texas, as IT expects, the visit Saturday is the potential stick of dynamite to loosen a recruiting avalanche.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

IT --

Ohio State transfer quarterback Quinn Ewers (Southlake Carroll, TX) is expected to visit Texas on Saturday. This will be his second face-to-face meeting with Steve Sarkisian since he entered the transfer portal last Friday.

Along with Ewers, Texas is trying to get its remaining targets to campus one last time before National Signing Day next Wednesday. IT will have more on that as the week unfolds. One other player who may visit is North Shore five-star cornerback Denver Harris. Harris has to work around a playoff game in Round Rock on Saturday.

A factor IT believes helped UT gain serious traction in this recruitment is the feedback Ewers has received from his original classmates. Though he reclassified to the 2021 class and spent a season in Columbus, next Wednesday was to be his original signing day. Since entering the portal, Ewers has mentioned he wants to help recruit players to the school of his choosing. Texas is certainly greater than Texas Tech in that regard.

The familiarity Ewers has with many in the class has allowed him to do homework on where guys are leaning. Throughout that reconnaissance, Texas has fared well.

Something to keep in mind, however, Texas A&M is making one final push to host common targets as well.

Texas is oh so close to establishing momentum down the final stretch, but a little work remains. If Ewers selects Texas, as IT expects, the visit Saturday is the potential stick of dynamite to loosen a recruiting avalanche.

Like sticking a knife up an unused ketchup bottle

33 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Once we did not go all in on Klubnik early, he was not going to come here. His parents care about the pride of an aggy. Jimbo is the one who truly screwed up in that recruitment and I thank him for it. I'd rather see him at Clemson vs. hating him as an aggy player.

Yet another Herman fuck up I assume. 

3 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

If Thompson's thumb heals I still think he starts next year no matter who comes in.

This, at the very least he's up there for the competition, if we get Ewers its possible he could win out, but Casey's thumb was injured for over half the season and he was still better the Card.  Card just isn't ready, and may never be.  I think Casey can be good QB, but that thumb affecting his throwing the entire 2nd half of the season.  His play is not the reason we ended up fully sucking.

4 minutes ago, coolsax said:

This, at the very least he's up there for the competition, if we get Ewers its possible he could win out, but Casey's thumb was injured for over half the season and he was still better the Card.  Card just isn't ready, and may never be.  I think Casey can be good QB, but that thumb affecting his throwing the entire 2nd half of the season.  His play is not the reason we ended up fully sucking.

The Big Lebowski What GIF by MOODMAN

1 hour ago, Bruh Man said:

IT --

The off-season is my favorite season

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, coolsax said:

You two are huffing paint.