Ewers in the portal

Bruh Man

3 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

It's OK. Our "hometown" beat writers do it, too. Kirk Bohls doesn't even vote for our players to win the Heisman, not even the greatest CFB player of all time.

Think this shit would fly in college station? Or even Houston?

This is still the greatest wtf in the history of heisman voting imo. Bohls saw him play with his own two eyes in person and he still voted for someone who he only saw highlights of on ESPN. 

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

4 minutes ago, NYBevo said:

He didn't like Herman

Don’t think he ever gave him a chance because he was so pissed about Charlie getting axed. Herman was significantly better than Charlie. 

5 hours ago, Jester said:

this is why we can't have nice things.  fucking orangebloods.

It's abundantly clear the other sites had this news earlier and sat on it as to not fuck anything up.  Then OB and their staff of lazy unconnected fat pidgeontoed douchebags sleuthed around until they found out what the buzz was about, and put it out there for everyone to see thereby allowing Tech and others to try and slow it down.  Fuck Ketch.  Fuck Anwar.  Fuck OB.

IMO over the course of a year, all of these services will spill shit the coaching staff would probably not have out there. Its the nature of the business selling information for $9.95 mo. If its common knowledge, why the fuck would you pay for it? I'm not defending orangebloods, I think Ketch is a douche, fuck him. I'm basically saying the entire "industry" is guilty at times of doing stupid shit, and probably annoying the fuck out of recruits. I have never paid any of these services a nickle in the entirety of the internet's existence, and to my memory never even signed up for a free trial.   1.) I don't get so wrapped up in recruiting that I must know every second of the day whats happening (when they sign, they sign) and 2.) even the least siginficant information leaks all over the internet 10 minutes after its posted. Its a strange business. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Porterhouse said:

Don’t think he ever gave him a chance because he was so pissed about Charlie getting axed. Herman was significantly better than Charlie. 

Wasn’t he long-term dating Charlie’s daughter? Even if Strong had to go for football reasons I can’t blame the guy for being unhappy about losing his coach and his girlfriend all at once. 

16 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

Does anyone of consequence (recruits, players, coaches, administrators) give an actual fuck what any of the paysites say?  I would be very surprised (and disappointed) if they did.

I used to work for a pay site 15+ years ago and even back then, a lot of parents and HS coaches did follow what was being talked about on paysites for particular prospects. I'm not sure anything that was said really affected anyone's decision, but it was a thing. I'm sure it's even more of a thing now.

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

IMO over the course of a year, all of these services will spill shit the coaching staff would probably not have out there. Its the nature of the business selling information for $9.95 mo. If its common knowledge, why the fuck would you pay for it? I'm not defending orangebloods, I think Ketch is a douche, fuck him. I'm basically saying the entire "industry" is guilty at times of doing stupid shit, and probably annoying the fuck out of recruits. I have never paid any of these services a nickle in the entirety of the internet's existence, and to my memory never even signed up for a free trial.   1.) I don't get so wrapped up in recruiting that I must know every second of the day whats happening (when they sign, they sign) and 2.) even the least siginficant information leaks all over the internet 10 minutes after its posted. Its a strange business. 

Hard to disagree with the premise on paysites in general, but when some sites are asked to keep things quiet by the staff or other parties, they do. One site in particular (IT) was instrumental in assisting with the Pancake House NIL so many in this board worked on. Guess what?  They didn’t leak it and the end result was a coordinated press release.  

While no paysite is perfect, OB is a fucking detriment to this program year in and year out. 

Edited by Jester
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ojo Rojo said:

Does anyone of consequence (recruits, players, coaches, administrators) give an actual fuck what any of the paysites say?  I would be very surprised (and disappointed) if they did.

You'd really be surprised? The vast majority of people get their political,  scientific,  and world news from Facebook. Of course they're believing everything goobers like Nahlin and Chip Brown say

7 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

He was such a likable guy that never came off as taunting to me.

My son-in-law flew him from Atlanta to Houston once.  After the flight, he stopped at the cockpit to thank him for a smooth ride, and stayed to take pics and sign autographs for the flight crew.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Jester said:

Hard to disagree with the premise on paysites in general, but when some sites are asked to keep things quiet by the staff or other parties, they do. One site in particular (IT) was instrumental in assisting with the Pancake House NIL so many in this board worked on. Guess what?  They didn’t leak it and the end result was a coordinated press release.  

While no paysite is perfect, OB is a fucking detriment to this program year in and year out. 

image.gif.0ec5cdf36d6f6c91e0167cbf4f3ce7f3.gif

….fuck OB

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Ojo Rojo said:

I can confirm that parents read whatever they can get about their child...  I don't think it makes much, if any, difference unless it's really loud, bad, and widespread.

Just now, Nicole44 said:

At least we will never run out of stuff to post about...so there is that.

Maybe people can start posting pics of their Christmas lights next. I love it when neighbors go full Clark Griswold bc its awesome. 

Night crew! 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

Herman was not significantly better than Charlie. In fact he was much worse because not only did he suck as a coach he was a humongous asshole as well. We are currently playing with Herman recruits and the results speak for themselves.

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Off-season?

Did we not make a bowl game?  WTF?  HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?  WHY DOESN'T ANYONE TELL ME THESE THINGS?

Leave the cloakroom sometimes man. Let your shit air out so it doesn't mildew or whatever. I don't do laundry.

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

Herman was not significantly better than Charlie. In fact he was much worse because not only did he suck as a coach he was a humongous asshole as well. We are currently playing with Herman recruits and the results speak for themselves.

Yes Herman was significantly better than Charlie.  Herman finished ranked 3 out of his 4 years. Strong, well not so much.