Ewers in the portal

Bruh Man

5 hours ago, Js1 said:

I'm not going to evaluate Sark after 1 year with the shittiest OL in Texas history (I'd rather have Colt's 2009 line against Nebraska than this shit), a deer in the headlights RS FR QB and the other who basically lost his thumb, a bunch of WRs who can't catch or are made of glass (besides Worthy) and starting fucking Brockemeyer and Bush on defense. 

We are reaping what Tom sowed with his shit ass recruiting and the top of the 2019 class leaving.  

Yeah actually - that team would be really legit. 

I agree.  It's surprising we put up the numbers we did, especially after the injuries...  And then this team broke mentally when it lost to OU the way it did.  And I'm not sure any coach would have been able to fix that, maybe Saban, maybe not...  Let a team even hint of a comeback and the mental mistakes began to pile up...

I'm not saying Sark is the answer, but I'm not saying he isn't...  1 year with the shit show he inherited isn't enough for me to make up my mind.  This year should give us an idea of what he is capable of bringing. 

Wednesday will be interesting. I'm curious to see how we do. So far I'm happy with what he's been able to do recruiting/retaining for us especially with what we've produced for almost a decade and a half now.  We've had some whiffs (understandable), but he held onto Bijan, brought us Worthy, and if He lands Ewer,  it could set us up for a better than expected class this year...  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Like arguing that herpes is better than syphilis.

Well, syphilis can kill if not treated, whereas herpes doesn't kill, but is incurable.

Which leads to the obvious conclusion that if you're going carousing in Lubbock, you'd better wrap that rascal.

Either Herpes or syphilis would be preferable to having either Strong or Herman as coach, by the way.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Well, syphilis can kill if not treated, whereas herpes doesn't kill, but is incurable.

Which leads to the obvious conclusion that if you're going carousing in Lubbock, you'd better wrap that rascal.

Either Herpes or syphilis would be preferable to having either Strong or Herman as coach, by the way.

Well not often, but...

TLR3 and the genetic predisposition to herpes encephalitis | Beyond the Ion  Channel

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, 927 E. 41st said:

I would respectfully disagree on two points, we were chasing Urban with Tom still here, this made me happy as I was sure Tom was gone no matter what.

I have a hard time seeing 3 wins with Tom here, no durable QB, and the fruits of his poor evaluations and lack of development coming to full fruition.

Better defense, worse offense (no Worthy)

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Gaffords said:

And then this team broke mentally when it lost to OU the way it did.  And I'm not sure any coach would have been able to fix that, maybe Saban, maybe not.

While watching the first quarter of the Ohio St/Michigan game, the commentators said that, after their loss to Oregon, the Ohio St coaches did a complete overhaul on their defensive scheme. Not making the playoffs is disappointing for OSU, but they managed to have a really good season. There are intelligent coaches out there. Coaches who can make in-season adjustments. Coaches who are competent.

There just aren't any coaches like that on our staff. 

Edited by JFKFC
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

While watching the first quarter of the Ohio St/Michigan game, the commentators said that, after their loss to Oregon, the Ohio St coaches did a complete overhaul on their defensive scheme. Not making the playoffs is disappointing for OSU, but they managed to have a really good season. There are intelligent coaches out there. Coaches who can make in-season adjustments. Coaches who are competent.

It also helped that CJ Stroud’s shoulder got better.

6 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

I have serious ??? about PK.  I had them before the season started.  The Pac has been down for as long  as we have for the most part, so he seldom faced what he was going to on a weekly basis in the Big 12  (scheme and talent)... 

LR is going to kill it out there. Especially if we have one of the best defensive minds the Pac had to offer.

1 hour ago, Gidnik said:

herman was fired because he was an asshole and nobody liked him.  

Not even necessary, and Insuffcient.

He was fired because he didn't win enough, pure and simple.

Assholiness et cetera accelerated the firing. It's too bad he got no further chance to win enough, but... well... karma is reflective.

• Hook 'Em 1

I wish y'all would shut the fuck up about Strong and Herman. NEWS FLASH: Neither of them are employed by UT and likely never will be again. Fucking let it go. I came here to read about Ewers coming to Texas. Not to see you pussies carrying on about who was slightly shittier than the other or any of your bullshit thinly-veiled racist remarks. Seriously, NO ONE GIVES A FUCK. You bitches will sit around and flick your beans over two ex head coaches at UT and at the end of the day it won't make one single iota of a fuck where this program is headed. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, ElChupacabra said:

I wish y'all would shut the fuck up about Strong and Herman. NEWS FLASH: Neither of them are employed by UT and likely never will be again. Fucking let it go. I came here to read about Ewers coming to Texas. Not to see you pussies carrying on about who was slightly shittier than the other or any of your bullshit thinly-veiled racist remarks. Seriously, NO ONE GIVES A FUCK. You bitches will sit around and flick your beans over two ex head coaches at UT and at the end of the day it won't make one single iota of a fuck where this program is headed. 

Tom-Charley450.gif

• Haha 1

Met a friend at lunch today who is an aggy - a donor and bigwig (we all make poor life choices, some more than others). He was told from the athletic dept there Ewers is fishing for a NIL guarantee of a certain value, and he’ll go wherever that’s available. 

No idea if true but it isn’t surprising. 

53 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Not even necessary, and Insuffcient.

He was fired because he didn't win enough, pure and simple.

Assholiness et cetera accelerated the firing. It's too bad he got no further chance to win enough, but... well... karma is reflective.

There was a distinct difference between the way Charlie and Herman were treated by the local media and fans.
Charlie's first season was a huge honeymoon. Despite being destroyed by BYU and TCU (among others) there was an unreasoning optimism and general sense that Things Were Turning Around. It took 3 years for reality to take hold.
When Herman lost to Maryland in his first game, the honeymoon was over.

The only way I can understand that is because Herman rubbed people the wrong way. Maybe there's another explanation, but I can't see it.

10 minutes ago, ElChupacabra said:

OldOpenDachshund-size_restricted.gif

33 minutes ago, ElChupacabra said:

you realize there is no news on Ewers and won't be until at least Saturday.  maybe check back then.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Met a friend at lunch today who is an aggy - a donor and bigwig (we all make poor life choices, some more than others). He was told from the athletic dept there Ewers is fishing for a NIL guarantee of a certain value, and he’ll go wherever that’s available. 

Well I'm sure it's true that's what the ag athletic department is saying.  It's pretty much what they have to say.  And even if 100% true, so what?  All of the players are looking for money.  The ags use bags.  Real programs use NIL.  

Edited by utee94

51 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

When Herman lost to Maryland in his first game, the honeymoon was over.

The only way I can understand that is because Herman rubbed people the wrong way. Maybe there's another explanation, but I can't see it.

Or another explanation is he lost to a crappy Maryland team in embarrassing fashion in his very first game and rubbed people the wrong way because he was a total asshole who didn’t know what he was doing but sure as shit acted like he did. 

You can be a total asshole if you win. I.e. saban. You can’t if you lose to Maryland. Twice I might add. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Ewers has to start a certain number of games for his previous big NIL contract to be paid out. So he probably wants a guarantee he’ll start.

28 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Or another explanation is he lost to a crappy Maryland team in embarrassing fashion in his very first game and rubbed people the wrong way because he was a total asshole who didn’t know what he was doing but sure as shit acted like he did. 

You can be a total asshole if you win. I.e. saban. You can’t if you lose to Maryland. Twice I might add. 

That was basically the exact explanation he gave?

49 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

you realize there is no news on Ewers and won't be until at least Saturday.  maybe check back then.

He's making an official visit this weekend and is supposed to make his announcement Monday.  

This weekend is supposed to be his last visit anywhere, and there are some rumors Evan Stewart is going to be with him this weekend.  

On a different note, Arch Manning and family are fine with a redshirt year wherever he goes. Eli redshirted his first year. The Manning's know there is no reason to rush things and a year learning the system before taking the reigns is nothing but a positive, and Quinn (more than likely) will only be at his next destination 2 years before moving to the next level.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Gaffords said:

He's making an official visit this weekend and is supposed to make his announcement Monday.  

This weekend is supposed to be his last visit anywhere, and there are some rumors Evan Stewart is going to be with him this weekend.  

On a different note, Arch Manning and family are fine with a redshirt year wherever he goes. Eli redshirted his first year. The Manning's know there is no reason to rush things and a year learning the system before taking the reigns is nothing but a positive, and Quinn (more than likely) will only be at his next destination 2 years before moving to the next level.

Is this the right thread for this? Feels way too on topic

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:
1 hour ago, Gidnik said:
10783116.jpeg

Can someone explain what I'm looking at?

Seconded, as ashamed as I am to do it.

Is the "We gotta get some workouts . . ." text a message from QE to XW? What is the significance/meaning of the "WTW" and "BET"?

Edited by derpyhorndog

21 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Took it into my own hands. Will lay out my understanding of the Instagram post for my fellow social-media challenged surly users. 

• WTW is abbreviation/slang for "what's the word." Comparable "what's up." I think this is the topic of a prompt Xavier posted on his Instragram, which viewers (including QE) can type a message/response into that is sent to Xavier.
  • The text below "WTW" is what QE sent to Xavier in response to the prompt.
  • "BET" at the bottom is slang indicating approval or acceptance of a dare. As in, Quinn said he's going to look good in the UT uniform, and Xavier's response effectively means, "that's cool, I'm all for that, but let's see it happen" (i.e., commit already).

God...never felt older as a millennial as I do now. 

Atta boy! Fuck dem kids

• Hook 'Em 1