Christmas Gift Ideas and Other Junk

Doc Reeves

On 12/6/2021 at 12:56 PM, 40acredropout said:

+ rep.  Was struggling to come up with something good for @South Austins mom besides a proper dicking.  

On 12/7/2021 at 12:27 AM, Doze said:

@40acredropout surly santa can even deliver this for you

The gift that keeps on giving. Some of it might actually be nice and/or useful.

https://www.bespokepost.com/

For those old enough, it is basically the Columbia House business model.  Sign up and each month you get an email saying what is in the next box.  Change, swap, or decline by the 5th of the month.  Box is then shipped to you.  This company will probably make a fortune off of everyone that forgets to respond to the email.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...
Bumping this thread as we approach the season. Looking for good running shoes myself.

Nike Pegasus. The 39 I think is out now. I bought a couple pairs of the 38s from last year for considerably less. Higher performing Nike shoes make differences for elite runners, but for your average jogger or even what I recommend for our JV runners, the Pegasus are just fine. Black Friday sale for extra 20% off all prices.

https://www.nike.com/w/mens-running-shoes-37v7jznik1zy7ok
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, BlueGreySky said:

Nike Pegasus. The 39 I think is out now. I bought a couple pairs of the 38s from last year for considerably less. Higher performing Nike shoes make differences for elite runners, but for your average jogger or even what I recommend for our JV runners, the Pegasus are just fine. Black Friday sale for extra 20% off all prices.

https://www.nike.com/w/mens-running-shoes-37v7jznik1zy7ok

Nope. Go minimalist, at the least zero drop, and don’t look back. Altra isn’t as good as they were before being bought out by VF Corp (North Face, Smart Wool), but they’re still the best, most accessible. The only time I run in anything other than zero drop is marathon race days when I use Nike Vaporflys. 

Re: Zero Drop

If we are talking distance running semi-competitive or casually (5k+, and not sprinting…) disagree for so many reasons but as a track coach of 15 years… injuries. Period. So many calf strains among other injuries that would pop up.

That being said there are probably stories of runners switching to Nike or hoka from a zero drop and then getting injured. It’s just, in my experience, the exception not the rule. Nike and other top researchers would be developing minimalist shoes rather than moving to more cushion if it were the truly best option.

All that said shoes are very personal. Find the one that’s best for you. We invest in vaporfly spikes and running shoes for runners when we can afford them or find deals because it seems to be what our runners like best and doesn’t seem to be a root cause of injuries.

I’ll take the discussion to a runners thread or DMs if you want to talk more so I don’t shit on this thread.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Dildo

actually not a bad idea.

its true i hardly know the gal.

its my gf's older sister.... which ive recently found out ( that im not suppose to know) that her guy( not husband, but they got kids together) been seeing the babysitter on the side and got caught.

• Like 1

actually not a bad idea.
its true i hardly know the gal.
its my gf's older sister.... which ive recently found out ( that im not suppose to know) that her guy( not husband, but they got kids together) been seeing the babysitter on the side and got caught.

May I suggest a gift certificate?

https://www.seekingsitters.com/
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...