Horns with Heart - The NIL Deathstar gets closer to completion

immamac

8 minutes ago, Bruno71 said:

I afraid this NIL ‘stuff’ is going to rapidly turn into a steaming pile of shit. At least professional sports  have systems in place to control the payola. This is starting to look like ‘Pay to Play’  with a lot of lipstick.

Yeah charity sucks and it's a total bummer we can use football eyeballs to raise money, awareness and make a difference. The burnt ends is super shit and no one here got serious enjoyment out of getting to interact with the team on a deep level like we never have before. 

• Hook 'Em 8

13 minutes ago, Bruno71 said:

I afraid this NIL ‘stuff’ is going to rapidly turn into a steaming pile of shit. At least professional sports  have systems in place to control the payola. This is starting to look like ‘Pay to Play’  with a lot of lipstick.

hi Darren.

edit - holy shit I just saw that you are an aggy. Fucking hysterical coming from y’all.

Edited by justhookit
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Is the school going to push for these guys getting some kind of financial literacy classes? I’d just tell them to set it aside in an S&P 500 index fund and not get scammed by the slightly more admirable than a car salesman, financial advisors

We will be engaging with anyone who wants to teach these classes free of charge on a pro bono basis. Reach out to me if you are interested in providing services like this and are a CPA or other financial advisor. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 12/10/2021 at 5:09 PM, MH BEVO said:

Talking out his ass or?

AD62BC87-E523-4627-8EA2-1CD31FE9878B.jpeg

So here's the deal--the Supreme Court has already ruled that the NCAA's prohibition on NIL compensation violates the Sherman Act.

So with that background, should the NCAA run around trying to enforce against schools by arguing "this isn't a bona-fide NIL deal that was contemplated by the Supreme Court"?  I mean, I guess they can.  But the Supreme Court's reasoning isn't particularly limited to just NIL.  It indicates that any collusion on the part of the NCAA and its member schools to limit player compensation would violate the Sherman Act.

And so if the NCAA were to enforce against these schools and prevent players from receiving compensation, the players would sue.  And when they sue, they would have a very clear damages model.  And I'd observe that a successful plaintiff can recover treble damages in a Sherman Act case.

So is that something the NCAA is really going to pursue?  Because I think its antitrust lawyers are going to strongly counsel against that.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 12/10/2021 at 6:09 PM, MH BEVO said:

Talking out his ass or?

AD62BC87-E523-4627-8EA2-1CD31FE9878B.jpeg

Just in case anyone is wondering where this pushback is coming from, a passage from the article:

Jason Leonard, the NAAC’s president and executive director of compliance at Oklahoma, says his group pushed the NCAA to move briskly in shoring up the distinction between permissible and impermissible payments from third parties to college athletes.

“To me, it looks like some of these deals are inducements,” said Leonard, declining to address any specific school.

So Oklahoma got caught holding their dick in Stoops' mouth when the NIL era began and watched Texas hit the ground running. And now they squeal to their media mouthpieces that it's all so unfair. Glad to know OU compliance is so concerned with what is proper.

So get fucked you cheating dicksticks. Too bad the game isn't rigged for you anymore. Sorry your dirt state can't provide the same opportunities, but all the smart folk moved to Cali almost a hundred years ago. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/14/2021 at 1:51 PM, Herpa Derpa said:

Just in case anyone is wondering where this pushback is coming from, a passage from the article:

So Oklahoma got caught holding their dick in Stoops' mouth when the NIL era began and watched Texas hit the ground running. And now they squeal to their media mouthpieces that it's all so unfair. Glad to know OU compliance is so concerned with what is proper.

So get fucked you cheating dicksticks. Too bad the game isn't rigged for you anymore. Sorry your dirt state can't provide the same opportunities, but all the smart folk moved to Cali almost a hundred years ago. 

They moved to Bakersfield.. kind of a push with Oklahoma 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/14/2021 at 1:39 PM, Ghost of LL said:

So here's the deal--the Supreme Court has already ruled that the NCAA's prohibition on NIL compensation violates the Sherman Act.

So with that background, should the NCAA run around trying to enforce against schools by arguing "this isn't a bona-fide NIL deal that was contemplated by the Supreme Court"?  I mean, I guess they can.  But the Supreme Court's reasoning isn't particularly limited to just NIL.  It indicates that any collusion on the part of the NCAA and its member schools to limit player compensation would violate the Sherman Act.

And so if the NCAA were to enforce against these schools and prevent players from receiving compensation, the players would sue.  And when they sue, they would have a very clear damages model.  And I'd observe that a successful plaintiff can recover treble damages in a Sherman Act case.

So is that something the NCAA is really going to pursue?  Because I think its antitrust lawyers are going to strongly counsel against that.

And if they do try and pursue it Kavanaugh basically said they would be fucked. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I just wanted to hop in here and say that I'm really, really proud of y'all for doing this. HWH is going to help a lot of people, and I don't just mean players. But let's talk about the players, too, because it is good and right that they are being justly compensated for what they are worth.

Yeah, today was a good day for Sark & Co, but let's not pretend the coaching staff did it all. This was a team effort of alumni thinking in terms of what's in the community's and players' best interests, combined with the coaching staff being full of guys who can develop players into NFL-caliber players. The playing field isn't level; it's biased heavily in our favor, as it always should've been, and I thank all of you for making this happen.

As for the rest, they're salty, because they lacked the resources and vision to do this.

Whatever I can do to help, let me know.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 12/10/2021 at 8:21 PM, Randolph Duke said:

Emmert and the NCAA are going to find themselves up to their necks in litigation (yet again) if they try to interfere with some of these NIL deals.   

They’re not going too. They backed down damn near every time they got challenged on a player suspension. They’re toothless. Cam Newton showed as much.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, 66BUFF said:

They moved to Bakersfield.. kind of a push with Oklahoma 

At least it wasn’t Oxnard by the onion fields?

9 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

They’re toothless. Cam Newton showed as much.

Same example I used the other day. Everybody could see it, but couldn’t prove it on paper.

I think the NCAA has seen the writing on the wall for a good while now. Whether they admit it or not, or have shown any competence in preparing for the inevitable. 

They’re really fucked now, and trending towards a gaping pink sock. 

• Hook 'Em 1