Horns With Heart News and Press Thread - Surly Help Requested

SydneyCarton

• 2 weeks later...

Tito's Vodka pledges $20 million for new Texas football, basketball practice facilities

ByTAYLOR ESTES 101 minutes ago

Texas athletics has landed a new sponsorship deal. Love, Tito’s — the philanthropic arm of Austin-based Tito’s Vodka — has pledged a $20 million gift to assist with the construction of new practice facilities for men’s and women’s basketball, rowing and football. Texas announced the new partnership Monday afternoon.

The $20 million investment will help elevate the practice facilities for the select sports and provide them with “world-class training environments necessary to achieve at the highest level” with the goal allowing Texas athletics to “remain highly competitive in the recruitment of student-athletes, coaches and staff,” UT officials stated in a media release announcing the new partnership.

“What a tremendous show of support and Longhorn pride from Tito Beveridge through the philanthropic generosity of Tito’s,” said Texas vice president and athletics director Chris Del Conte.

“This is such a life-changing commitment and investment in the success of our athletics programs and all of our student-athletes. The resources to construct brand-new, state-of-the-art facilities and the development of so many world-class programs allow us to continue to provide the absolute best for our student-athletes, and truly demonstrates their commitment to excellence at The University of Texas.”

Tito’s Handmade Vodka founder Bert “Tito” Beveridge received degrees in geology and geophysics from Texas. His time spent as a student has led to him wanting to give back to the University of Texas, particularly student-athletes.

“I value this education to this day and am forever grateful to The University for enriching my life experience in so many ways,” Beveridge said of his company’s decision to invest $20 million into Texas athletics.

“Giving back to student-athletes complements the support we provide to science research at UT. We hope this gift helps Longhorns excel both on and off the field throughout their lives, that they find something they love to do that they are good at, and that they share these passions and talents with their communities.”

According to UT officials, Love, Tito’s has made several investments in the University of Texas totaling $7 million to date.

“Tito and his team at Love, Tito’s have been incredible supporters of the university,” said President Jay Hartzell. “Whether they are helping our Population Health faculty improve outcomes for the community, investing in opportunities to serve and protect our community from COVID, or advancing student opportunities across the Forty Acres, they have helped fuel our vision to be the country’s highest impact public university. They understand the special role that athletics play in the fabric of our university, and I’m deeply grateful for this investment that will support our student-athletes in their pursuit of college degrees and championships.”

Texas men’s and women’s basketball and rowing practice facility will be located adjacent to the new Moody Center and is scheduled for completion in summer 2022, according to Texas officials, while details on the new Texas football practice facility were not stated in the press release.

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-Longhorns-football-facility-upgrades-Titos-vodka-20-million-gift-Texas-basketball-football-facilities-181920533/

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 6

Honest question. People talk about how Bijan and Quin are making huge money. Who's paying them that much for endorsements? I'm nowhere near the Austin market so maybe they're on TV all the time or in ads everywhere, but I have a hard time understanding where somebody is getting a million dollars worth of ad value out of these guys. T-shirts? 

59 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

Honest question. People talk about how Bijan and Quin are making huge money. Who's paying them that much for endorsements? I'm nowhere near the Austin market so maybe they're on TV all the time or in ads everywhere, but I have a hard time understanding where somebody is getting a million dollars worth of ad value out of these guys. T-shirts? 

From what I’ve gathered, deals are payed out over time and is usually not always necessary guaranteed money. The revenue generated is quite literally the organizations business

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...

Siap...

Link:  https://app.opendorse.com/shop/texas-longhorns

Texas partners with Opendorse to enhance student-athletes NIL opportunities

By TAYLOR ESTES 5 hours ago

The University of Texas is enhancing its efforts to help student-athletes access more name, image and likeness opportunities. The Longhorns announced Monday that they have teamed up with Opendorse to launch their brand new, more efficient marketplace for NIL opportunities — Official NIL Marketplace of the Texas Longhorns, LEVERAGE Lineup.

Texas athletics claims the new platform, in collaboration with Opendorse, is more efficient and accessible, and will help to support its student-athletes in their name, image and likeness exposure and opportunities. According to the Texas media release, "the newly expanded and enhanced Longhorns-branded NIL marketplace, powered by Opendorse, allows for easier access to aiding, assisting and maximizing Texas student-athletes in their name, image and likeness opportunities. LEVERAGE Lineup allows fans, supporters, vendors and potential companies access to browse hundreds of student-athletes' profiles and securely pitch those that they are interested in pursuing for NIL opportunities."

Student-athletes across all 20 UT sports programs will have the option to create, develop and build their individual Opendorse profile customized to their various interests, needs and types of projects they are pursuing, which also includes their social media channels and other NIL endeavors they are involved with.

“This is another exciting step in our ever-growing and always evolving efforts in supporting our student-athletes in the world of name, image and likeness, and the many opportunities it presents,” said Texas vice president and athletics director Chris Del Conte.

“The launch of the new, Opendorse-powered LEVERAGE Lineup is in response to the enormous level of interest Texas fans, supporters and companies have in partnering with our student-athletes on name, image and likeness activities. Our Texas Longhorns Marketplace is another resource as we strive to remain on the cutting edge of this new space with access, education and compliance.”

Opendorse is among the leading marketplace technology in the athlete endorsement industry and has more than 75,000 athletes using the product to help monetize their name, image and likeness, including more than 100 collegiate sports teams and professional sports leagues.

“Texas Athletics will be a powerhouse in the NIL era,” Opendorse CEO Blake Lawrence said in the media release announcing the new partnership with Texas sports. “The program’s nationwide support and brand strength is second-to-none in college sports.

"With LEVERAGE Lineup, every Longhorns fan and alumni can now find, pitch and support every Texas student-athlete with one proven platform. NIL is here to stay, and University of Texas student-athletes are poised to benefit in a big way.”

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

I NEED HELP!

I desperately need someone to get me the exact scholarship accounts based on position as of next August. Including recruits with a signed LOI. I know someone keeps a running spreadsheet of what that looks like, so please tag them

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I NEED HELP!

I desperately need someone to get me the exact scholarship accounts based on position as of next August. Including recruits with a signed LOI. I know someone keeps a running spreadsheet of what that looks like, so please tag them

You're asking for as of Aug 2022, right?

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

You're asking for as of Aug 2022, right?

Yes sir, so including all the croots and transfers (I know we are still taking on additional). Trying to firm up head counts that will receive 50k from us on 8/1

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Yes sir, so including all the croots and transfers (I know we are still taking on additional). Trying to firm up head counts that will receive 50k from us on 8/1

may i please have a roster spot..under the table, of course

2 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

No Ibraheem on your spreadsheet. Is he officially off the team, or just suspended like Guilbeau?

Hes on there, only one I didnt see was Lourd not sure if he is on scholly or not. Also not sure if Harris is edge or LB