The Gun Owner’s thread

BigDHornfan

3 hours ago, Fat Bastard said:

Xmas in May. 2 suppressors free from ATF jail. Filed in June and August. Still have one that I’m waiting on that I submitted with e-forms in December. So much for the 90 days or less bullshit

5513966727179301b325974a893d37f1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did you get?  I’m still “researching” but need to get my ass in gear. 

What do y’all know about Stoccatos? Was at Top Gun picking up my sups today and they were all excited that they had just signed a contract with them to carry their guns. Spent about 15 min with them showing me all the different models they had. Rented one of the smaller versions with a red dot on it and shot 50 rounds through it. Was very smooth and very balanced. Don’t know if it’s worth the almost 3k price tag but certainly felt better than my p226

15 hours ago, Fat Bastard said:

Xmas in May. 2 suppressors free from ATF jail. Filed in June and August. Still have one that I’m waiting on that I submitted with e-forms in December. So much for the 90 days or less bullshit

tenor.gif?itemid=10240039&f=1&nofb=1

• 2 weeks later...

drives me crazy. We can get a gun within a few days but the part that reduces noise takes nearly a year.

I too am looking at a trash panda can to add with my Saker.

15 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

drives me crazy. We can get a gun within a few days but the part that reduces noise takes nearly a year.

We have dumb rules against cans but we can’t have good rules like red flag laws. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

Took just over a year from the time I bought my KAC can until it was in my hand.

Efile has dropped it to around 4 months. I’m about to buy a rimfire suppressor and get the barrel threaded on my CZ.

10 hours ago, Handcruser said:

Will need a new buffer tube.

Radical gets a pretty low grade from me. You can do better for not much more money.

I can get you a Springfield saint 7.5 for 850.

I recently bought a Sig Sauer M400 on a whim. I’m pretty happy with it out of the box, but I’ve got very limited time on the gun. 
Any thoughts?

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

Going to push the button on a couple of LaRue uppers this week. Been awhile since I’ve messed with any ARs, but think that’s a good place to get back in. 

Everything larue is overpriced. Except triggers.

If you want some stripped uppers buy some Wilson combat.

17 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

Everything larue is overpriced. Except triggers.

If you want some stripped uppers buy some Wilson combat.

I’m pretty happy with the others I have from them, but those are a few years old. Just wondering if they’ve maintained over the last couple of years.  

18 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Question for the board. Interested in an AR Pistol. Current AR is .556. 

1st, what is the advantage/disadvantage of 300 Blk out vs .556?

2- Is either better if the plan is to add a can later?

3-You get one for free, what brand/gun/caliber would you choose?

Any thoughts on the purpose of the pistol?  Home defense?  Range toy?  If you're going to run a can, there are great .300bk options out there.  It's easier to suppress and in my opinion, is better suited with a shorter barrel.  The "sweet spot" for the 5.56 is barrel around 14+ inches.  Terminal ballistics and carried energy from a SB also favor the .300bk at close range.

If you were talking full size, I'd say 5.56, but a SB...I'd say .300bk

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Any thoughts on the purpose of the pistol?  Home defense?  Range toy?  If you're going to run a can, there are great .300bk options out there.  It's easier to suppress and in my opinion, is better suited with a shorter barrel.  The "sweet spot" for the 5.56 is barrel around 14+ inches.  Terminal ballistics and carried energy from a SB also favor the .300bk at close range.

If you were talking full size, I'd say 5.56, but a SB...I'd say .300bk

Great info. Most likely a range toy, hellcat for the night stand. Was definitely thinking short barrel so the 300bk seems like it might be the correct for my use. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Great info. Most likely a range toy, hellcat for the night stand. Was definitely thinking short barrel so the 300bk seems like it might be the correct for my use. 

So be careful.  There are two types.  The first, and safest option is the one you pay for. 

The second you have to be very, very careful with.  Those that are free.  For the most part, these guns have the evil spirit of a dead Mongol warlord and run the very real risk of bringing a Poltergeist into your house.  These are best given to others that you know online.  Luckily for you, I finished my online correspondence course on purging Poltergeist spirits from free guns and will be more than happy to take sed free gun off your hands....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Question for the board. Interested in an AR Pistol. Current AR is .556. 

1st, what is the advantage/disadvantage of 300 Blk out vs .556?
2- Is either better if the plan is to add a can later?
3-You get one for free, what brand/gun/caliber would you choose?

Budget?

300BO if I had to choose one in your scenario.

Can you build me a 300 BO upper to go with my m400 for ~$750?

So we’re running low on 300BO stuff. I can piece it together but I’d rather you hop on optics planet and snag you a completed aero precision build in fde (I like 2 different colors between 300 and 556 but if you want black that’s cool).

8” barrel with 7” handguard
Get a BCG (nickel boron) and radian charging handle

With that you’re good to go. Slap it on and shoot.

They’re about $425 plus $160 for BCG and $75 for charging handle. That’s cheaper than I can do.

300BO burns all of its power in about 8” so you don’t need a longer barrel. I run an 8” and a 9” and both are great.

Supers (120 grains and less ideally) get you terminal performance out to about 125 yards. Subs (180-220 grains) when run suppressed have terminal performance out to about 65 yards. I shoot supers mainly.

Aero makes great stuff at that price point. If you grab a completed lower for $300 or so from aero you’d have a complete gun and that would be my preference.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2