The Gun Owner’s thread

BigDHornfan

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

My repentance will be pics of an awesome old SA shotgun I’m bidding on (don’t bid me up) if I get lucky. 

Speaking of auctions - Tomorrow - a 1957 Model 70 Super Grade in .458 Win goes up for sale at an auction house.

Still in the original box, with all the papers, and the bolt has never been unwrapped and put in the action.

They didn't make a ton of those, and certainly there isn't another one on earth that is this NIB.

I can't wait to watch it.  Museum piece.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just a reminder.  When you wanna ignore a poster, just hover your mouse over their avatar, wait for the pop-up, and click "ignore."  Super easy.

Also.  I'me seeing quite a few used high-end guns for sale at Sheels.  You gotta wonder if a buncha people went out and spent money on things 2 years ago and now need cash.

Edited by Parliament
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Izhmash said:

Don't disagree, but I also used to enjoyed just visiting this thread to look at some nice gun pron. Now the thread has been legitimately fucked, my day has been ruined and yet, I feel even less informed about the direction we need to take as a society. Fuck you to whoever took this off the rails. Don't give a shit about your beliefs or politics...just want gun pron back so I can figure out where to spend my money.

PS - 6 months is great! I woke up this morning and told my kid -  "Son, when I was growing up we had to walk to school uphill both ways and NFA took approval took 15 months!"

Your left hand must be pissed after it got all prepped for a bunch of new posts only to see there wasn't any pron and just words. Sorry for the interruption, here is a picture of what it looks like when you shoot your flintlock all afternoon trying to work up a load. I really need to polish the pan to make it easy to at least wipe that part clean between shots.

spacer.png

And here's a powder horn and hunting pouch I made myself.

spacer.png

Now that we've got that out of our way, I don't see the harm in a little discussion of gun policy in this thread as long as we don't get too crazy. Like folks have mentioned upthread, those discussions can't really be had in the CR because folks who are just to dumb to help themselves can't keep from spewing their ignorance everywhere.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Gee, I seem to have misplaced that new AR pistol when we went fishing out at Lake Travis yesterday.

Oh well.

I admittedly haven't kept up with everything, but the ATF put out a worksheet to help determine whether it is a pistol or SBR, and I think you might be OK as long as the brace isn't adjustable for length of pull and you put a red dot on it instead of iron sights. Because apparently only rifles have iron sights, and the presence of iron sights is a strong indicator that you intend to use it as a rifle.

26 minutes ago, Izhmash said:

Don't disagree, but I also used to enjoyed just visiting this thread to look at some nice gun pron. Now the thread has been legitimately fucked, my day has been ruined and yet, I feel even less informed about the direction we need to take as a society. Fuck you to whoever took this off the rails. Don't give a shit about your beliefs or politics...just want gun pron back so I can figure out where to spend my money.

PS - 6 months is great! I woke up this morning and told my kid -  "Son, when I was growing up we had to walk to school uphill both ways and NFA took approval took 15 months!"

You know what makes my day better?  Buying a new gun 😂 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

I admittedly haven't kept up with everything, but the ATF put out a worksheet to help determine whether it is a pistol or SBR, and I think you might be OK as long as the brace isn't adjustable for length of pull and you put a red dot on it instead of iron sights. Because apparently only rifles have iron sights, and the presence of iron sights is a strong indicator that you intend to use it as a rifle.

@Armybrat, nevermind. I reviewed the ATF worksheet, and you are about to have an SBR, regardless of whether or not your new gun is practical to shoulder and fire. I have a Radical Firearms .300 BO pistol that I put the original sig brace on that I think qualifies, so maybe you can go that route. Or you can just wait and hope enforcement of the new rule gets stayed because using the Chevron Doctrine to essentially change laws that have criminal implications is probably not constitutional.

1 minute ago, BearCountry11 said:

Too much CR not enough pics.

New toy just picked up yesterday
44580639b3c62d811afbdfabe088d07f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love my AP5! 

Congrats.

Not to kick the ant bed around here.....but,  brace????   The way that picture is cropped, you very easily could have picked up the same deal I did and yours is just out of frame.  

Since I have Fridays off, I dropped my daughter odd at school and then went and checked out some of the smaller gunshops in town to so if any of them had any black powder supplies. No luck there, but one of the ones had what looked like fightlight pistolgrip lower matched with a 300 BO upper. Something like this.

fightlite_raider_m-lok_-left_b0a61fee-db

• Drool 1

Speaking of wheel guns, here is a SAA clone with a short barrel and birdshead grip in a holster featuring a giant armadillo eating a big rig.

spacer.png

Supposedly, the full length Colts were a favorite of the Texas Rangers. They point likely and the extra sight radius is handy, even if they are a bit ungainly.

spacer.png

Speaking of ungainly, the full size Colts are downright light compared to the grandaddy of all six shooters.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 4

On 10/28/2022 at 3:07 PM, Reagan1k said:

Love my AP5! 

Congrats.

Not to kick the ant bed around here.....but,  brace????   The way that picture is cropped, you very easily could have picked up the same deal I did and yours is just out of frame.  

Yeah….error on my part.  Also purchased a suppressor and e-filed so was looking to cut back any extra costs.  Not sure the brace would have added much though.  Oh well, hindsight 20/20.   Had a blast at the range without the brace - so much fun to shoot.  

4 hours ago, BearCountry11 said:

Yeah….error on my part.  Also purchased a suppressor and e-filed so was looking to cut back any extra costs.  Not sure the brace would have added much though.  Oh well, hindsight 20/20.   Had a blast at the range without the brace - so much fun to shoot.  

You’ll love it even more suppressed!

That was a no-brainer deal with the brace thrown in. 

6 hours ago, BearCountry11 said:

I hope you’re not planning to put a suppressor on that AP5-M you bought. 

Edited by cabowabo

4 hours ago, cabowabo said:

I hope you’re not planning to put a suppressor on that AP5-M you bought. 

Nope - have a MK18 that it’s gonna go on.  

Didn’t plan on getting a suppressor when I did my FFL for the AP5 but was talked into it.  Had been thinking about it for awhile and just needed a nudge!

Edited by BearCountry11

• 2 weeks later...

I like compact semiautos, but wheelguns - especially Rugers - are my favorites. Just ordered another .Blackhawk .357. Gifted my 1968 6.5” BH to my oldest son for his 50th birthday five years ago. 
Missed it a lot, so this time the shorter barrel was calling me. It will eventually go to my other son along with the New Vaquero .357 because he has two sons. Hope they appreciate the short barrels.

6C8F30BB-35B7-435D-97BA-48400A9F9342.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Frank Drebin said:

Paper.  Submitted in July 2021.  Approved a few weeks ago.

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Rage. 

But again- this is what we deserve. As gun owners we are too busy protecting the second amendment rights of wife beaters and stalkers to deal with shit like this, because we are suckers and have been had.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1