Texas vs Seton Hall- Thursday, Dec. 9th, 5:30 pm on FS1

shadow_operative

Just now, HtownHorn said:

Fuck Jones. Bad spacing and lazy close out.

He's struggling for sure. 

1 minute ago, honolulu horn said:

Damn. Bummer to end the half like that. 

Indeed, but we played better the second 10 minutes than the first. Will be a good test in the second half.

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Outrebounded 19-14, 4 turnovers each, and we outshot them 56/42%.

If we can keep holding their shooting down that low, we're winning this game.

Hard to keep shooting that well for another half.  Texas has to defend and rebound better to win.

Really surprised Texas didn't turn ball over more -- I expect more than 4 in second half, so our defense needs to create more turnovers too... 

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Hard to keep shooting that well for another half.  Texas has to defend and rebound better to win.

Really surprised Texas didn't turn ball over more -- I expect more than 4 in second half, so our defense needs to create more turnovers too... 

Well, we don't have to keep shooting quite as well.  We can have a drop-off if some of the makes are threes (0 in the first half).  And we probably can't do much about the rebounding, but we can stop giving them extra possessions with cheap push-in-the-back fouls.  Keep contesting their shots and hold their shooting percentage where it is and we should be in good shape.

1 minute ago, VinyVango said:

If we can get another great half from Mitchell we win… if not, somebody besides Allen and Carr is going to need to make a couple shots to free them up from the double team defense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ramey had a couple big makes early. More of that would help. 

I wasn't mad at full speed because I thought he'd cleared out or something, but on replay that's a really bad offensive foul.  For what, putting his shoulder into the defender's chest?  No one can ever go into the lane if that's a foul.

It's not a foul just because he flops.  God damn.

Just now, LTtxfan said:

Still trying to figure out offense together... slow to get into flow and still hesitant.

This has been an ongoing problem. I get what Beard said about having a any guy on the roster can have a big game, but in games where everyone is struggling you need an assertive scorer.

It also doesn't help that the bench is awful tonight. Just absolutely nothing from Askew/Jones/Bishop right now.