RIP Demaryius Thomas

deac_tracy

4 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Article from Schefter mentions something about him having an issue with seizures lately.

I hope they study his brain to see if he was suffering from CTE.

So sad.

apparently he was in a car accident in 2019.  same as his last year in the league.  so it was the car accident and/or football that contributed to the issues.  pretty sad

6 hours ago, BluTechsan said:

Dang. So very sad. Give your loved ones an extra hug and kiss tmro - nothing is guaranteed.

Wasn’t he the recipient of Tebow’s playoff game winning 80yd pass in OT?

18 yard pass, and 62 yard Thomas RAC...

Thomas was one of those players on other teams who was easy to root for.  RIP.

4 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Demaryius Thomas was a fantasy football beast.  sounds like a great dude, too.

RIP

I abhor fantasy football, but I got talked into it one year and just let it ride after the draft. I ended up winning the whole thing without ever even checking on it mostly because of Demaryius Thomas.

• Like 1

“D.T. was a better person than he was a player, and he was a Hall of Fame player. That tells you how good of a person he was. He treated my kids like they were his own. He was there for every teammate’s charity event. I texted with D.T. on Tuesday. He was talking about a TD audible we called vs. Arizona in 2014. Absolutely devastated,” shared Peyton Manning.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Helobious said:

He made the pro bowl like 4 times. Also was a standout receiver at GT even though they were running the triple option. He was that good. 

He made the TO that much more dangerous knowing that you couldn’t totally ignore the passing game.

I can’t find it but there was a great quote from a college sideline reporter who asked him how he had such poise and maturity. He said wtte, “I shared a locker room with Calvin Johnson, we don’t play that stuff around here.” I’m butchering the quote but I always thought it was a great acknowledgment between two elite players. 

^ From a cousin. 

“He had been suffering from seizures for over a year, and we believe he had a seizure when he was showering,” Bonseigneur said, via the AP. “He was alone and a friend couldn’t get hold of him, so he called his driver, who has a key because of these seizures, and he went into his home and found him in the shower.”

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-demaryius-thomas-cause-of-death-died-of-seizure-while-alone-at-home-family-says-203947932.html

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

He made the TO that much more dangerous knowing that you couldn’t totally ignore the passing game.

I can’t find it but there was a great quote from a college sideline reporter who asked him how he had such poise and maturity. He said wtte, “I shared a locker room with Calvin Johnson, we don’t play that stuff around here.” I’m butchering the quote but I always thought it was a great acknowledgment between two elite players. 

besides being one of the WR GOAT, Megatron also seemed to be very pro and stand-up guy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

Last seizure I had was in the shower. Wonder if he hit his head.

Seizures are no joke.  My wife has them.  Anytime she’s in the bath for more than a few minutes I go check on her just to be sure.   When we were having our first baby, I had nightmares for weeks that she was going to have a seizure mid-birth and the doctors were going to have to choose which one to save (knowing full well the baby would likely have been crushed if mom went full grand mal).   Doesn’t help going into the first kiddo with no sleep.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...