America's Game: The 122nd Meeting of Army and Navy

As an enlisted Marine grunt, it always felt a little gross cheering on a bunch of future officers, especially academy grads.  Even moreso since most of them would end up as bell bottom-wearing squids.  Nobody I knew back then gave a shit about the game. Pretty sure half of them didn’t even really know what the academies were. 

But fuck it… Go Navy. There’s got to be a future decent Devil Dog or two on that team. 

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

I look forward to this special game every year. It is still a “bucket list” game for me, regardless of where it’s played. Best of luck to each Senior Class going forward and I hope it’s a great game.

Army Vet from ‘88 to ‘95, sooo….,

Go ARMY, beat Navy!

Hook’em!

My bucket list as well. The end where they come together, it always gets a little dusty in here.

Grandfather and Daughter were both Army

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

My dad graduated USMA in '72.  I have been to at least 6 Army Navy games in my life, the last one in 1992, where my father was told the night before the game that he was being sent to Somalia on Monday.... 2 days later. we still went to the game in Philly. 

so I am contractually obligated to root for Army

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

I look forward to this special game every year. It is still a “bucket list” game for me, regardless of where it’s played. Best of luck to each Senior Class going forward and I hope it’s a great game.

Army Vet from ‘88 to ‘95, sooo….,

Go ARMY, beat Navy!

Hook’em!

Stop fucking around and get to the game. Seriously. Next year is in Philly. Hit Reading Terminal Market, the Rocky statue, the Mint, Independence Hall, all of that shit.

You will not regret it.

Edited by slorch