RIP Vicente Fernández

Patricio Swayze

11 hours ago, Longhornstampede said:

The Mexican George Strait.... Only thing is I never heard him cover a George song but I did hear George Strait cover a Vicente Fernandez song

Um, yeah not really. Chente is way way way bigger than George Strait. And I love Strait. Not really sure there is a comparable American artist. Maybe Michael Jackson? Not sure. Either way, RIP to one of the greatest. Having tequila for a week in his honor. 

Vicente would be hard to explain to anyone in the USA but I will give it a shot. He is like George Strait because he was a singer that endeared himself to the fans of music that represents the rural areas of the country. He is like Bruce Springsteen because like "Born in the USA" his music brings out patriotism. He is like Elvis because he was as big as Elvis but never went past his prime. He is like no other in the USA because in Mexico everyone knew a chente song because his music was part of every wedding, every quinciniera and every breakup.

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3