Herschel Walker catch-all thread

Gil Bang

12 hours ago, mchookem said:

so by very wide margins, they like Warnock more, think he has stronger moral character, is a better role model, and has significantly better experience...

and are still split about even on who they will vote for. 

i mean how can you even counter that? we are so far thru the looking glass...

It’s so sad that 1 letter besides someone’s name makes them electable. No matter how stupid and unqualified they happen to be.

“Because R” has done so much untold damage to this country.

Edited by Voldemort86
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Yep.

The people who are going to vote for Walker know full well he's stupid, but what does it matter really.  What they require is someone who will vote "yes" or "no" when told. They'll put up with the embarrassing moments, as long as they get their stooge. It's a model that's been consistently working in the House for ever.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TexasHooch said:

Yep.

The people who are going to vote for Walker know full well he's stupid, but what does it matter really.  What they require is someone who will vote "yes" or "no" when told. They'll put up with the embarrassing moments, as long as they get their stooge. It's a model that's been consistently working in the House for ever.

See, the smart republicans will tell him how to vote and he will do it.  So he’s better than any godless demonrat pastor. 

3 hours ago, Pancho said:

Sometimes I think the higher ups in the GOP are conducting some type of social experiment for a $1 bet like the two old men in Trading Places.

One of them bet that Fox News could get absolutely anyone elected and the other bettor could even choose the most unelectable people for the experiment.

After Trump, Boehbert, and MTG, I really think the first guy's made his point.  We don't need to go here, do we?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

12 hours ago, SaucyJack said:

The Cowboys Radio Network call was even better. All Charlie Waters could say was "UNBELIEVEABLE!!!" over and over.

Edit: Found it. Verne Lundquist and Charlie Waters on DCRN. They cut off 3 or 4 "unbelieveables" at the end. Think that was Charlie's last gig as radio color man.

Edited by RPM
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Sometimes I think the higher ups in the GOP are conducting some type of social experiment for a $1 bet like the two old men in Trading Places.

One of them bet that Fox News could get absolutely anyone elected and the other bettor could even choose the most unelectable people for the experiment.

After Trump, Boehbert, and MTG, I really think the first guy's made his point.  We don't need to go here, do we?

Hell don't bring Randolph Duke into this (or Mortimer for that matter)

image.jpeg.d7312768b9078d1f4fa666eec273915f.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

One of the Hershels recently regaled audiences with a story of his chicken frying days, during which he grinned and stood on his head just to sell his fried chicken, only to later to be “treated like a dog.”

There appears to be a change in campaign strategy that involves the Hershels playing up the ‘buked and scorned” dumb but strapping field hand. It appears to be working.

16 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Less than 2 weeks to the debate. I still would bet on the side that walker’s team will find a reason to bail. Either they will be upset at something warnock says or an external event that should create a 3-hour pause to the campaign. Regardless of the why, they will walk.

Either that or they’ll be surreptitiously placing live squirrels around the debate space that will be strategically released so that Herschel can shout “Look, Squirrel!” in the invariably many awkward moments.

he’s gonna need a lot of squirrels.

Edited by Degenerate Gardner

A racial divide Hershel Walker could not outrun:

In the article, Hershel was quoted as saying, “I never really liked the idea that I was to represent my people.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/02/us/politics/herschel-walker-georgia-senate-race.html

https://www.yahoo.com/news/racial-divide-herschel-walker-couldnt-145027283.html

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

A racial divide Hershel Walker could not outrun:

In the article, Hershel was quoted as saying, “I never really liked the idea that I was to represent my people.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/02/us/politics/herschel-walker-georgia-senate-race.html

https://www.yahoo.com/news/racial-divide-herschel-walker-couldnt-145027283.html

That works out perfectly because they aren't electing him to represent "his people." They're electing him to be able to point at him and say, "see, we ain't racist!"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

17 hours ago, Burt said:

That works out perfectly because they aren't electing him to represent "his people." They're electing him to be able to point at him and say, "see, we ain't racist!"

They're electing him to represent white people. Rich, white people to be more precise.

21 minutes ago, Satchel said:

True. You’ll never hear him express discomfort about doing that.

That man’s been kissing Donald Trump’s ass since well before any of us saw Stephen doing it to Calvin Candie in Django Unchained. Of course he has no discomfort in kissing rich white ass.

After the story published, Walker released a statement in which he called the story a "flat-out lie" and said he denied it in the "strongest possible terms."

"I'm not taking this anymore. I planning [sic] to sue the Daily Beast for this defamatory lie. It will be filed tomorrow morning," he said.

ron swanson laughing GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Gil Bang changed the title to Herschel Walker catch-all thread