Herschel Walker catch-all thread

Gil Bang

27 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I truly wish I could go into his mind and experience the pathways and processes that lead to such statements of such drivel.

I feel like in my mind and most minds there's a room where the idea passes through for review. Roma, if you say that you will reveall that you're an idiot. We recommend not speaking.

His mind seems to roll statements out of sewer pipe that has come lose from the treatment plant. 

That's because your brain hasn't been literally scrambled by playing 14 seasons of professional football.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

This is going to be an interesting litmus test to see just how full of shit MAGA voters are about abortion.

Spoiler: he won’t lose many of their votes.

Any answer will do for them. Anything. They're not engaged in discourse or any form of critical thinking. It's the jersey they care about. The jersey of the righteous who will defeat our enemy who wants to destroy us. 

It's hard to break the faith of a jihadist.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Any answer will do for them. Anything. They're not engaged in discourse or any form of critical thinking. It's the jersey they care about. The jersey of the righteous who will defeat our enemy who wants to destroy us. 

It's hard to break the faith of a jihadist.

Exactly. There's already a multitude of reasons not to vote for this lying pile of shit with the IQ of a f'n turnip. This wont move the needle. The narrative is GOP voters in GA must vote Herschel so the Senate goes GOP. Herschel could rawdog every GOP voter's daughter and they would still vote for him. And then force the daughters to get an abortion in a few months and personally drive them to California in their "Lets Go Brandon" sweatshirts and MAGA caps to get it done. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Things always get worse here. 

Clarence Thomas had no business being a Supreme Court Justice. The cunning GOPs put up a black man knowing the timid Dems would be terrified of judging Thomas on his dubious merits. Without Dem terror, Thomas could have been rejected. Enter Anita Hill. Let's get him for being masher and a clumsy to the point of harrassment pick-up artist.

Even while it was going on, it was frustrating that the Dems chose to shy away from the issues and bank on scandal. Hill is an honorable woman whom I believe. The Dems should have never needed her to find a way to vote their conscience.

Now we have a candidate for Senate who would be a perfect character in Lil Abner.

If anyone is not qualified on his face, it's this idiot. Yet we look for a gotcha moment. There should be no need for that in a mildly competently functioning republic. The guy is an incoherent liar who has no evident grasp of any issue nor how to even discuss an issue.

We thought Gerald Ford was too much of a dumbass to be president. The only GOP since him to equal or best him intellectually was the first Bush. 

And it just keeps getting worse. We may elect an animal to office within the next three decades provided we're still having elections.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

50 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Holy shit, talk about hitting a little close to home.  The guy who played Lil' Abner in that clip dated my mom in high school (Clayton HS, a StL suburb).  He went on to play football at Illinois and eventually had decent success in show business. I met him when in he toured "Sound of Music" in the 80's.  He was also in an episode of M*A*S*H (as Cpt Toby Hill).

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Blotto said:

That kid is trying his best  to be a celebrity, he just sucks at it. I can promise you he doesn't give two shits about conservative, liberal, Hershel winning or losing, etc.... his primary concern is how many views/likes/follows he can get on his social media accounts. 

I kind of feel bad for the kid - feels like the only job he can do right now is “influencer” because of his dad (or lack thereof).

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I kind of feel bad for the kid - feels like the only job he can do right now is “influencer” because of his dad (or lack thereof).

he started with a message of shit and aligned with a shitty person for his personal benefit.  

8 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I can't believe these are the people that the Rs are putting up for FUCKING SENATE and they still might win.  I mean, just wtf.  I shouldn't be surprised I guess.  I really think history will look back and be like, hmm, maybe we shouldn't have pandered to the stupidest people among us.

In all probability. our clumsy hands will already be full trying to make crops grow with Brawndo.

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

I mean, nothing matters anymore.  We elected a raping fascist and he engineered an insurrection into the US Capitol that got several cops killed.  And half the country's gonna vote for him again.

Lauren Boehbert was a literal hooker whose campaign was funded by her client Senator Ted Cruz.  No one cares.

Why should it matter that Herschel Walker is bipolar, or that his IQ is about the same as the temp inside my fridge, or that he bought some abortions?

Who gives a shit?  He's pro-reproduction-no-matter-what-and-pro-gun-no-matter-what and he thinks all intellectuals are full of shit, right?  Because those are the only things that matter.

Still gotta call it out--because they need to know we all see their hypocrisy for what it is, and they're not fooling anyone.  Sure they can fool those that want to accept it, but we do have to call them out on it every chance we get.  Because they will only get worse, and the disregard for laws will only get worse and at some point, that means they will trample your rights and your freedoms.  Not that Herschel gives a shit, he created lives that he disregarded--and that disregard is a fact, not a leadership quality to govern the lives of others.  And if any of those prayer groups he's being photographed with were actually worth a shit, they'd include his baby mommas and illegitimate children.    

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 7

13 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Still gotta call it out--because they need to know we all see their hypocrisy for what it is, and they're not fooling anyone.  Sure they can fool those that want to accept it, but we do have to call them out on it every chance we get.  Because they will only get worse, and the disregard for laws will only get worse and at some point, that means they will trample your rights and your freedoms.  Not that Herschel gives a shit, he created lives that he disregarded--and that disregard is a fact, not a leadership quality to govern the lives of others.  And if any of those prayer groups he's being photographed with were actually worth a shit, they'd include his baby mommas and illegitimate children.    

I think this is true. For example, Slorch catches a lot of shit on this board, but I think he's come to see the light on a few things. He may well continue to vote Republican, but he's not overtly MAGA (yes, I understand Trumpism has overtaken the Party). I do believe he's beginning to question and/or moderate a bit. During my 12 years (oh gawd!) of being on this and the old site, quite a few have abandonned the GOP, and I'd largely credit the debates/discussions here for their coming around.

I'd almost also say the same thing about Fatty, but he's found his rationale (the bliind desire for a fucking fancy boat and an unneeded arsenal) to continue to support the descent into madness. You can't reach them all though.

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Who called it up thread or in the demogoguery thread earlier for this new rationale? Was it @Celery Man?

I don't think it was me and I haven't been keeping up with this race, but every single current republican (party member or voter) is a bad person, and all of the ones who aren't complete fools are totally evil.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

So in Dana's world, every (*EVERY*) woman who has ever had an abortion is a "skank".

This could include her, it likely includes one or more close family members, and it definitely extends to her circle of friends.  "Skanks".  Have fun at Thanksgiving & Christmas, Dana.

(It won't matter.)

Sorry. My lazy ass went up thread, and it was Chuckie who predicted what their argument would be.

8 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

I don't think it was me and I haven't been keeping up with this race, but every single current republican (party member or voter) is a bad person, and all of the ones who aren't complete fools are totally evil.

6 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

“The abortion is bad, but he will continue to vote to ban them, thus preventing many more future abortions.”

The logic trail to bring the abortion voters back home isn’t complicated to envision.

1 hour ago, Mdhorn said:

Oh, absolutely.  I've said for a long time that I don't expect Trump to ever see the inside of a jail cell, and we have to go after him anyway.  Same thing applies here.  All of these awful Republicans might win and the GOP might manage to consolidate power for a generation and implement its entire agenda.  But even if that starts to look like an inevitability, we have to keep fighting for the simple fact that history must show that people tried.

33 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Actually, that is exactly "a contradiction" and "a compromise of a principle."

She really couldn't have given a better example.

These people are all so insanely full of shit.  

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Nivek said:

he started with a message of shit and aligned with a shitty person for his personal benefit.  

You're not wrong, but there's no way the person he is wasn't influenced by what a piece of shit his father was/is. I try to look at someone that young from a more empathetic point of view than I would someone in their mid-30s and up that holds some of the views he has. Remember, the kid's only 23, he's not a lost cause at this point. He isn't entirely surrounded by trashy conservatives, he has leftist friends etc. I hold out hope that he can resolve his inner demons and become a better person.

e: At 23, I held all kinds of dumbass conservative views. It took me almost 10 years from that point to civilize myself. 

Edited by Brian Fantana
  • Hook 'Em 1

My guess is that pretty much no one believes Herschel. Most likely there are other women that he paid for their abortions but those women don’t want the attention years later. That news also wouldn’t surprise anyone.

it wouldn’t shock me if we hear herschel flip and admit to the abortion accusations but that he didn’t want her to have one and the lib’rul laws prevented him from stopping it. Christian hero.

• Gil Bang changed the title to Herschel Walker catch-all thread