Herschel Walker catch-all thread

Gil Bang

I’m still connected to a MAGA type or two on FB. Here’s the kid of stuff on his comments about the election:

Dude. Neither are a saint. What good things did Warlock do in his first 2 years? He's an empty suit who pretends to be a Christian preacher while going against Gods law and supporting evil at every turn. Most important thing is, who's policies are better for the people of Georgia? At least Walker proposes Godly policies and economically better policies than Warlock. People of Georgia have to suffer with this evil, corrupt demon for 6 more years. Walker is far from the perfect candidate, but clearly better than a compromised, wicked one like Warlock.

(Name), Interesting considering 93% of Trumps endorsements won.

0595737e7e9c6856fafc156c15e6c3c9.jpg

We do not have a shared reality. In any respect. There’s no way to get past this without bloodshed.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

So yesterday, Herschel loses and the conspiracy theory is that the voting machines are rigged?  Nothing new.  What MAGA failed to notice was a former U.S. Congressman was convicted yesterday on several federal crimes, including deep ties to businesses and the government of Venezuela.  What may surprise them is he was from Florida, a Republican, a close ally of Marco Rubio and Ron DeSantis, and has deep connections to voter fraud.  

• Like 1

I'm convinced at this point that the Rs lose more than they gain with their increasingly unhinged conspiracy theory stuff.  It worked one time: 2016.  Since then Ds outperformed what any historical objective metric should show.  2018 blue wave.  2020 incumbent president lost. 2022 first term president picks up senate seats, barely drops house seats.  I'm pretty much as peace with the endless voter fraud allegations and Venezuelan voting machines and Jewish space lasers and whatever else.  They look like they only have the effect of increasing polarization -- which sucks -- but the polarization pushes more against the stupidity than in favor of it.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I'm convinced at this point that the Rs lose more than they gain with their increasingly unhinged conspiracy theory stuff.  It worked one time: 2016.  Since then Ds outperformed what any historical objective metric should show.  2018 blue wave.  2020 incumbent president lost. 2022 first term president picks up senate seats, barely drops house seats.  I'm pretty much as peace with the endless voter fraud allegations and Venezuelan voting machines and Jewish space lasers and whatever else.  They look like they only have the effect of increasing polarization -- which sucks -- but the polarization pushes more against the stupidity than in favor of it.

And even with all that, they win 51/49. If Republicans put up candidates that didn't hold guns to heads and talk about werewolves, they'd be winning in a landslide.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

And even with all that, they win 51/49. If Republicans put up candidates that didn't hold guns to heads and talk about werewolves, they'd be winning in a landslide.

Well that’s probably true, you think they will call out the crazies and put them in line? They will tell McCarthy to calm down, Greene to stop talking about conspiracy shit? Scott to stop stealing money from the R party?

Sure sure, they are right on it 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Herschel Walker had a better showing in Georgia than Beto O'Rourke did in Texas.

Georgia for all of its stupidity in nearly electing a pile of shit, now has two Senators from the democratic side of the aisle. Texas has two senators that spend most of their time trying to french kiss Donald Trump by starting at his asshole. 

46 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

That's not even clear to me. Their party is basically "Pro conspiracy theory, pro guns, pro jesus, pro white people". Trying to balance all those pillars is gonna lead to some questionable candidates with questionable propaganda. Dropping any of those pillars will result in party apathy in a country where they already get killed in the popular vote. Its not college educated people propping up their party, its stupid fucks that need "reality TV style' politics to stay engaged. The GQP chose their path years ago. Now they either execute on  their idiocy, or the party will ultimately self-destruct and need to be completely rebuilt.

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I think you are correct, but I also think there are still non-polarized voters in the middle and that they are fucking tired of the bullshit and brinksmanship.  At this moment in GA at least, there were enough of them able to identify the candidate who would most further contribute to it.

5 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

yeah, he basically represented the end of local interests.  he is only there to follow what the national leaders had to say.

As much as we joke about his dumb ass, I think he will prove a long-term historical study.  We've had 'carpet-baggers' for a long while in this country.  But Herschel will make for an interesting case study on how the Senate became more of a function of national party interests rather than even a modicum of localized/state-borne loyalty.  I mean the parties have hand-picked candidates before to come serve the national apparatus in D.C. for decades.  But Herschel was just an absolute disaster of a candidate, a horrible human being, and maybe the dumbest person to ever have just the 23 chromosomes on this planet.  But they kept doubling down on him and feeding the machine the get him to a desk in the upper chamber of Congress.  And it almost worked.  TWICE!  Barely any ties to Georgia in the last 40 years, not really a Republican, and not really able to speak coherently.  But the national mechanism needed a black guy in this race at this time.  In a very tight mid-term where they had a decent chance of retaking the Senate.  This is just the start.  The way candidates for Senate, effectively statewide races more powerful than Governor, is changed forever now.  It's always happened before, but it's going to be different now because we've seen the low bar for success.  We used to aim higher for shady shit like this to overcome the blowback for deceit.  Now, it's the feature...not the bug.

Herschel Walker said it best when he said "One of the problems is Cain kilt Abel. That's one of the problems we have."

Herschel Walker said it best when he said "Joe Budden with this so called bill buh butta. Gimmie a break. What a joke."

Herschel Walker said it best when he said "I would play Russian roulette. At home. I played it by myself probably 6 times. To me, that's the ultimate competition. I'm very competitive."

Herschel Walker said it best when he said "Bitch, I will keel you."

• Haha 2

"Henry Walker?  Herschel?  What?  Herschel Walker?  Never heard of him!"  

"Mr. Trump.  You endorsed him for U.S. Senate in Georgia and appeared with him numerous times."

"Nope, doesn't ring a bell.  Frankly the name sounds made up."

"Sir, he was the leading rusher and MVP of your USFL team in both 1984 & 1985."

"Oh, Herschel Walker.  Yeah, you were pronouncing it very strangely.  Yes, tremendous athlete.  We could have won the whole USFL and probably the Super Bowl with him doing bigly things.  Tremendous.  Lotta people saying best running back ever.  Wait, he ran for office?"  

6 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Herschel Walker had a better showing in Georgia than Beto O'Rourke did in Texas.

That's as much an indictment of Texas as it is anything else. Plus, Beto's opponent is MUCH more palatable for white nationalist conservatives.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

strongly disagree. crazy is crazy does. They are malcontents. Whatever stupid shit comes out of a candidate's mouth must be deplorable - thats the entire point. The subject is actually not the point, just the blatant disregard to positive, forward thinking policy. A sane talking republican is not only going to do worse, its no longer available. 

10 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Just to be clear, Christian Walker is almost as big of a piece of shit as his dad is from a world view standpoint. He just doesn't have the added baggage of under-the-table abortions and domestic violence.

image.gif.36d011e0d1493345a80fa1f1020e6c5c.gif

fuck that kid 

• Hook 'Em 3

20 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Thought a title change was in order.   But to be clear; I don't hate Walker.  He's a mentally-ill moron that was merely a puppet for horrible people.  I hope he goes home to Irving, gets a good shrink, and patches up his relationships with his children.

Fuck him. I hope he gets mugged. 

5 hours ago, Chooky said:

Herschel Walker said it best when he said "One of the problems is Cain kilt Abel. That's one of the problems we have."

Herschel Walker said it best when he said "Joe Budden with this so called bill buh butta. Gimmie a break. What a joke."

Herschel Walker said it best when he said "I would play Russian roulette. At home. I played it by myself probably 6 times. To me, that's the ultimate competition. I'm very competitive."

Herschel Walker said it best when he said "Bitch, I will keel you."

“What we need to do is keep ta havin’ doze gas guzzlin’ cars cuz we got da good emission under do’ car. We doin’ the best thing that we can but we need hep! We need hep an’ doze other people not heppin’ us. China not heppin’ us.”

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

What did he do that was so wrong other than lost that jackass bit at the gas station like two years ago?  

In 2020, he reportedly led a "Gays for Trump" march in West Hollywood outside Los Angeles and he built an online presence in large part due to snide and tongue-in-cheek commentary on social and political issues -- such as testing whether Chick-fil-A chicken "straightens him out" -- while drawing fans, critics and many commenters.

His content, uncompromising and brash, has spanned videos about "blue-hair liberal" types, complaints about the rising prices of gas and all the latest from his waterfall of disappointments while dating men. (He has said he is uncomfortable with the term "gay.")

Often, he narrates his videos from the Starbucks drive-thru line, where he will then characteristically interrupt his impassioned monologues to order a drink. Some of his online activity has spilled into spats out of the car -- but still in the to-go line -- such as when he confronted R&B artist Kehlani, after he said Kehlani called him an "a--hole" while ordering.

• Hook 'Em 1

• Gil Bang changed the title to Herschel Walker catch-all thread