Herschel Walker catch-all thread

Gil Bang

51 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Herschel won on name recognition. His campaign did a great job keeping his dumb ass out of debates and off TV. 

But will MAGA even show up to elect him to the senate?

Trump sank both Perdue and Loeffler due to his vendetta against Kemp. I say he does it again and sinks Walker in the process. There's already many in Georgia who say they'll stay home rather than vote for Kemp. Those are voters Walker will need to win. Good chance we see Kemp and Warnock both re-elected and get to see a raging Trump throw another temper tantrum. 

You know it’s a horrendously sad, torrid state of affairs in politics when you complement a campaign for NOT getting his message out for fear of a ‘me famous football player, jawgia, run rock do good, like the Iraq, butterfly Waffle House ooohh pancakes!’ 

Edited by Homercles
  • Haha 2

You know it’s a horrendously sad, torrid state of affairs in politics when you complement a campaign for NOT getting his message out for fear of a ‘me famous football player, jawgia, run rock do good, like the Iraq, butterfly Waffle House ooohh pancakes!’ 

In fairness, that message likely wins in Ga 95% of the time.

1 hour ago, Dutchrudder said:

Wow, this guy on the stupid level of the  "are you afraid Guam is going to tip over?"  guy.  I can't imagine someone meeting this dude and thinking, "yeah! Herschel Walker could be a senator! Let's throw a few million bucks behind him!"

You could if you see him for what he is

Puppet Marionette GIF by X Ambassadors

• Hook 'Em 2

21 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Alternate take: MAGA will be so keen on showing "see, we're not racist!" that they'll sweep Herschel into the White House in short order

The problem with that hypothesis is that they are racist and will never, ever, ever elect a black man to be President. They freaked out over Obama. They embraced birtherism. Electing a black man would be embracing “replacement theory.” That will never happen. A black man in the GOP can never aspire to be more than a token. Clarence Thomas is as powerful as it gets.

3 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

Wow, this guy on the stupid level of the  "are you afraid Guam is going to tip over?"  guy.  I can't imagine someone meeting this dude and thinking, "yeah! Herschel Walker could be a senator! Let's throw a few million bucks behind him!"

And now he's mad at Trump.  Maybe Trump will come out and even more forcefully claim that Walker is running because of him.

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/herschel-walker-says-trump-is-lying-about-asking-him-to-run-for-senate-im-mad-hes-taking-credit/

Herschel Walker, Georgia’s Republican nominee for Senate, accused former President Donald Trump of lying about asking him to run.

Walker, the former NFL running back who has been endorsed by Trump, told rapper Killer Mike in a wide-ranging interview on Revolt TV that he did not run for office because Trump asked him to.

“One thing that people don’t know is President Trump never asked me. I need to tell him that he never asked. I heard it all on television that he’s going to ask Herschel, saying Hershel is going to run,” Walker said. “President Trump never came out and said ‘Herschel, will you run for that Senate seat?'”

“So, I’m mad at him, because he never asked, but he’s taking credit that he asked,” Walker said.

Walker explained that his religious convictions inspired him to run.

In addition to the endorsement, Trump traveled to Georgia to stump for Walker, despite concerns about the candidate’s behavior and political experience. It isn’t clear when exactly Trump drew Walker’s ire, though the former president vocally promoted Walker’s run before he made his bid official.

I wonder what it's like being one of Herschel's political handlers. He is a political noob and not too bright so he is prone to straying from the script with Ralph Wiggum sayings. How do you rein him in without triggering some of those rage issues?

There are a lot of politicians that are known for lashing out but unlike them Walker can still fuck someone up pretty easily. I wouldn't want to be there if he went into "Hulk Smash" mode.

32 minutes ago, F250 said:

More than likely. Walker probably doesn't understand the ramifications of the words he just used.

Exactly what I was thinking. He’s like that kid in the old thanksgiving joke:

Kid’s walking around the house on Thanksgiving. Mom and dad are fighting. Mom calls dad a “bastard,” dad calls mom a “bitch.”

Kid asks his mom “what’s a bastard?” She says “it’s just another word for man.”

Kid asks his dad “what’s a bitch? He says “it’s just another word for woman.”

Kid later hears his mom scream “FUCK!” He runs in and sees she’s cut herself carving the turkey. “Mom, what does “fuck” mean?” She says “oh it just means I’m cutting the turkey.”

He later hears his dad scream “SHIT!” Runs in and sees his dad has cut himself shaving. “Dad, what does shit mean?” He says “oh it’s another way to say shaving cream.”

Shortly after that response, the door bell rings. It’s the kid’s aunt and uncle and some of the cousins. Kid answers the door:

“Hello, bitches and bastards! My mom is in the kitchen fucking the turkey and my dad is in the bathroom putting shit all over his face!”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

Walker needs Trump and Trump needs a win. And no one has a backbone against Trump. I would suspect a report coming out within a day discussing their friendship since the USFL and Walker’s gratitude for Trump’s endorsement. 

On 5/25/2022 at 11:35 AM, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

anyone else chuckling at the fact that both candidates for Senate in GA are POC's? like, when racists get to the polls, how will they choose? gotta think there are plenty of water heads in GA that will refuse to pull the lever for a black guy regardless of party. I dunno, I'm not racist, so I'm not really sure how they think. 

That’s the thing, they will vote for Walker and go back and say “see, if we were racist would we vote for him hardy har durh herp derp!”

They just need 1, just 1 minority to be part of their cult and agree with them for them to say they aren’t racist. It’s their dumbass playbook. 

99 Black people say something is racist. 

1 Black person doesn’t. 

MAGA will go with and quote that 1 Black person to say they “aren’t racist.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

3 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

tbf, he cares about the truth when it incriminates him. also when it's coming from a black guy who basically just sharted in his face. I bet he cares about that. 

Trump doesn’t distinguish between truth and lies. There are only things he thinks and they’re nebulous and capable to change to fit whatever will benefit him at any given moment. He can openly contradict himself from one day to the next and his followers don’t care. I don’t think being a master bullshit artist is something to be admired but tens of millions of Americans disagree. It’s depressing to think about. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

tbf, he cares about the truth when it incriminates him. also when it's coming from a black guy who basically just sharted in his face. I bet he cares about that. 

Trump has to be furious that Walker is not giving him proper credit, because that's all Trump wants from people like Walker - acknowledgement that Walker is where he is at because of Trump.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Herschel is telling Warnock what annoys him: Giving Trump 100% credit for Herschel's popularity and success in politics over the past few months. Warnock - lean into that GOP divide.

Yep.  Not sure how Warnock can toss that out there, other than "Walker says Trump had nothing to do with him running, Trump says he did, one of these men is lying, which one is it?"

I have a different take on how Georgia Republicans view the upcoming midterms. Beyond their reflexive hatred for Democrats, they’re having to work extra hard to dislike Senator Warnock, who has been a fiercely effective advocate for rural Georgia. Then to watch him garner national respect for the way he has comported himself during his short tenure, gives them additional pause. Republicans defied Trump in the gubernatorial race because the believe Kemp can more easily defeat Stacey. Secretly, they won’t mind if Dr. Warnock is re-elected because he advocates on their behalf and adds prestige to Georgia and its congressional delegation. Its why allowing somebody like Hershel to represent them in November is not that big of a deal.

Herschel is aligning himself with the two big winners of the Georgia primary, Kemp who won by 52% and Brad Raffensperger who successfully held off the “stop the steal” crowd by 20%.

If he is on the outside looking in, he is toast. Would love to see the splits on Kemp/Raffensperger. They forgave Kemp much more than Raffi.

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

I have a different take on how Georgia Republicans view the upcoming midterms. Beyond their reflexive hatred for Democrats, they’re having to work extra hard to dislike Senator Warnock, who has been a fiercely effective advocate for rural Georgia. Then to watch him garner national respect for the way he has comported himself during his short tenure, gives them additional pause. Republicans defied Trump in the gubernatorial race because the believe Kemp can more easily defeat Stacey. Secretly, they won’t mind if Dr. Warnock is re-elected because he advocates on their behalf and adds prestige to Georgia and its congressional delegation. Its why allowing somebody like Hershel to represent them in November is not that big of a deal.

I'm sure some Georgia Republicans probably believe that it'd be easier to defeat Warnock down the road, versus Walker getting in now and holding on, and not doing shit for their interests, and them having to primary a sitting Senator down the road.  Walker clearly doesn't know how this game is played.

4 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Were the other Republicans in his primary too pussified to make campaign issues out of the fact that he is brain damaged and can barely form sentences, he used to claim he was schizophrenic and is clearly crazy, and he has a history of domestic abuse allegations … or did the voters just not care?  

Even for the modern GOP this feels like a new low.  Trump is a horrible, horrible person, but at least he had charisma in front of crowds and is entertaining to his audience.  As ghastly as Trump’s popularity is, I can at least process it.   Herschel Walker being in this position is like a joke without a punchline.  

How the fuck does that make them different than Walker?

2 hours ago, Satchel said:

I have a different take on how Georgia Republicans view the upcoming midterms. Beyond their reflexive hatred for Democrats, they’re having to work extra hard to dislike Senator Warnock, who has been a fiercely effective advocate for rural Georgia. Then to watch him garner national respect for the way he has comported himself during his short tenure, gives them additional pause.

Ricky Gervais Lol GIF

That’s the thing, they will vote for Walker and go back and say “see, if we were racist would we vote for him hardy har durh herp derp!”
They just need 1, just 1 minority to be part of their cult and agree with them for them to say they aren’t racist. It’s their dumbass playbook. 
99 Black people say something is racist. 
1 Black person doesn’t. 
MAGA will go with and quote that 1 Black person to say they “aren’t racist.”
Rocky Marciano = Candace Owens

ab82bf9b-9cce-4d06-a41a-cf6b8124f635_text.gif

13 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Herschel is aligning himself with the two big winners of the Georgia primary, Kemp who won by 52% and Brad Raffensperger who successfully held off the “stop the steal” crowd by 20%.

If he is on the outside looking in, he is toast. Would love to see the splits on Kemp/Raffensperger. They forgave Kemp much more than Raffi.

Hice (Raffensperger's main competition) was the US Rep for the 10th district in GA and ran up big margins there. That explains most of the discrepancy. 

Most of the deep red in this picture are in his former congressional district:

image.thumb.png.f7bf7f2acdc1980f54a4a5e6d3453a82.png

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

One of the gayest things I've ever seen in my gay-ass life.

You think he makes posts like this for black history month?

you have all your rights, shut up.  Your race is not an accomplishment. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1

• Gil Bang changed the title to Herschel Walker catch-all thread