Herschel Walker catch-all thread

Gil Bang

17 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Psaki says 9000 unused leases on Federal lands. 

17 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

More to the point, most O&G drilling is on private land, and outside the reach of government control.

Of course, why would you drill on federal land and have to deal with environmental regulations involving water quality, air quality, impact on endangered species, methane emissions, etc when you can drill on private lands where the regulations are more drill friendly or not enforced?

edit: plus less excise taxes and/or royalties

Edited by High Plains Drifter

11 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm simultaneously shocked and accepting that Walker has a strong chance of winning GA given the Trump endorsement and the apparent Dem implosion this year. 

I'm fully preparing for Senator Johnny Manziel within the next 10-15 years.

Thanks for putting that into my head, asshole.  Sadly, he'd be an upgrade over Cruz.  And most on here would vote for him even though he's an Aggie.

47 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm simultaneously shocked and accepting that Walker has a strong chance of winning GA given the Trump endorsement and the apparent Dem implosion this year. 

Senators Manziel AND Fitlump

2 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Of course, why would you drill on federal land and have to deal with environmental regulations involving water quality, air quality, impact on endangered species, methane emissions, etc when you can drill on private lands where the regulations are more drill friendly or not enforced?

edit: plus less excise taxes and/or royalties

Why would an oil company apply for a permit to drill on federal lands if they don't intend to use it? 

Herschel Walker getting elected to the Senate is even less believable now than Donald Trump getting elected president was in 2016.  How anyone could watch even 30 seconds of him talking and then determine he is qualified to be a Senator is beyond all logic.  It is so fucking depressing.

10 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Herschel Walker getting elected to the Senate is even less believable now than Donald Trump getting elected president was in 2016.  How anyone could watch even 30 seconds of him talking and then determine he is qualified to be a Senator is beyond all logic.  It is so fucking depressing.

Uhhh, have you looked at the average GQP Senator/Congressperson, lately?  This describes 99% of them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Why would an oil company apply for a permit to drill on federal lands if they don't intend to use it? 

they have the lease, permitting is a whole different animal. If I’m not mistaken, trump drastically cut back the environmental permitting process 

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I've heard Johnny speak.  He's a billion times smarter than Herschel.  And yet Johnny is still a dumbass.

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Uhhh, have you looked at the average GQP Senator/Congressperson, lately?  This describes 99% of them. 

I dislike both Cornyn and Cruz (& their beliefs) but I believe that they have the background, intelligence and education that qualifies them to be in the Senate. Herschel's only political asset is his Heisman trophy and everything else is a negative.

2 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Yep:

Last week, David Dietrich, the electoral board chair in Hampton Roads, wrote on the social media platform, “This situation with the United States military is getting more disgusting and dangerous by the day.” He then singled out Austin and Honoré as “so-called ‘leaders,’” describing them as “so vile and racist, there’s no way to describe them other than in terms their own people understand. They are nothing more than dirty, stinking [N-words].” Dietrich then called both men “enemies of the People,” and threatened a civil war before concluding, “Perhaps the best way to pull us back from the brink is a good public lynching.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/hampton-virginia-gop-official-david-dietrich-refuses-to-step-down-after-racist-facebook-tirade

2 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

Tommy tubberville  says hi

14 hours ago, Tom said:

I've watched it twice and can't figure out what he's trying to say.

I think he was trying to mock "build back better" by saying "bill bah butta." But then it's confusing because the entirety of the statement sounded like variations of "bill bah butta" and "butta bah bill" or "bah butta bill." Sorry. I'm at a loss of ... words. He might just be an idiot. Or I'm an idiot for not deciphering his light speed of thought. 

Don't get bogged down on nuance. He won the Heisman, which means he'll be a great senator or something. This will open the doors for a senate run for Morris Claiborne and Dexter Manley and Lenny Dykstra. Dexter might be dead, though, and while that sounds like a longshot, it's actually a huge advantage to getting elected these days. And he was illiterate, which makes him pretty much a lock. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, shakahorn said:

And yet Johnny is still a dumbass.

He makes horrible decisions. He'll be perfect.

You'll miss guys like him and that level of erudition when the senate is eventually just a keg party of dudes punching holes in the sheet rock and passing legislation based on who could piss the furthest or light the biggest fart.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Chooky said:

He makes horrible decisions. He'll be perfect.

You'll miss guys like him and that level of erudition when the senate is eventually just a keg party of dudes punching holes in the sheet rock and passing legislation based on who could piss the furthest or light the biggest fart.

So, kind of like this place?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I'm moderately surprised that Herschel appears to have as much money as he does. Especially in that he faced a divorce after his playing days.

Outside of activities related to UGA sports, it's doubtful that he could run a company or raise funds to provide capital for one.

7 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

somebody reassure me that this poll is shit and has a history of being very very wrong.

One of the comments says it is a land line poll. So what’s the demo of Georgians that have a land line and will answer a political poll solicitation?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm moderately surprised that Herschel appears to have as much money as he does. Especially in that he faced a divorce after his playing days.

Outside of activities related to UGA sports, it's doubtful that he could run a company or raise funds to provide capital for one.

Didn't he get a fat pepsi endorsement back in the day? Maybe that was before the divorce, I don't know. But famous athletes like that can make a lot just off signing autographs and licensing their names to crap.

For every Vince Young Steakhouse you see in Texas, there are probably two Herschel Walker Laundromats and three Herschel Walker Drive Through Convenience stores in Georgia.

7 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Didn't he get a fat pepsi endorsement back in the day? Maybe that was before the divorce, I don't know. But famous athletes like that can make a lot just off signing autographs and licensing their names to crap.

For every Vince Young Steakhouse you see in Texas, there are probably two Herschel Walker Laundromats and three Herschel Walker Drive Through Convenience stores in Georgia.

I agree that a college sports star can ride that gravy train for a lifetime. I don't mean that negatively or positively but just a fact. 

But there are definitely more sports stars that end up broke as opposed to having money. Yes, you can earn easy autograph money but many athletes fall into the trap of needing $100K per month just to stay even. Failed businesses, failed marriages, new girlfriends, paternity lawsuits and keeping up appearances ain't cheap.

20 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

So there's only two laundromats and 3 convenience stores

Jerry Mungadze, the North Texas therapist Georgia Senate candidate Herschel Walker credits with his mental health recovery, has a history of controversial statements and treatments, including a variation of "conversion" therapy and a belief that choice of crayon color can reveal whether a patient has been possessed by a demon. 

Why it matters: Walker's mental health and recovery have been a pivotal component of his campaign and a focus of both supporters and opponents. 

• Walker's history of violence, which he attributes to mental illness, has also been the subject of attack ads from primary opponents.

Flashback: Mungadze made headlines in 2014 when he was featured in a British television special called "Cure Me I'm Gay" and when he told televangelist Benny Hinn that crayon and colored pencil drawings of the brain can reveal demonic possession

• Mungadze later told the Dallas Morning News that he's not a "gay conversion" therapist.
  • He did not reply to Axios' requests for comment. 

Catch up quick: Mungadze diagnosed Walker with dissociative identity disorder following a 2001 incident when Walker says he sped around suburban Dallas fantasizing about executing a man who was late delivering a car he'd purchased, which Walker outlined in his autobiography. 

• That same year, police in Irving received a call from Mungadze because Walker was armed with a gun and scaring his estranged wife, according to a police report obtained by the Associated Press
  • A former Dallas Cowboys cheerleader told Irving police in May 2002 that she believed Walker had been lurking outside her house, per the same AP report.
  • In January 2012, another woman told Irving police that Walker "lost it" when she tried to end her relationship with him, telling police that Walker threatened to wait outside her apartment and "blow her head off," according to another police report.

Mungadze and Walker became friends, according to Mungadze's website, and Mungadze wrote the foreword to Walker's 2009 book, "Breaking Free: My Life with Dissociative Disorder." 

Go deeper: In a December interview with Axios Atlanta, Walker said he's accountable for past violent behavior toward his ex-wife, but denied the two other women's allegations

• Gil Bang changed the title to Herschel Walker catch-all thread