Bronny James

Just now, ztejas said:

Do they? Donewald was an assistant coach for one year with the Cavs and LeBron was a rookie. That was a loooong time ago. 

Long time ago but apparently Donewald JR was the guy that worked with Lebron in practice with the Cavs. No clue how big of an impact it will have but it has to help. 

BB10OmN7.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, texasstrong12 said:

Long time ago but apparently Donewald JR was the guy that worked with Lebron in practice with the Cavs. No clue how big of an impact it will have but it has to help. 

BB10OmN7.jpeg

Agreed. Can't hurt. 

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Brooooooooooooo make this happen, but it might be hard to overtake fOSU cause of dad's love for them and I believe he donates money to their program 

Who knows. He's coming out of LA and isn't his dad. I'm guessing LeBron will let him go where he wants but he'll certainly influence the process. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Brooooooooooooo make this happen, but it might be hard to overtake fOSU cause of dad's love for them and I believe he donates money to their program 

total spitballing here, but: tOSU and Duke were always givens. The commonalities that i see between Texas and Tennessee are a)a propensity for getting guys to the NBA/highly drafted, and b)Bronny will be coached HARD by either HC, and i know that's important to LeBron. i know he doesn't want his son going to a country club atmosphere, or a place where he will be given special treatment. remember: Barnes was the only HC who didn't promise KD a damn thing other than a chance to earn his minutes, and KD's mom loved that about Barnes/Texas. i know that this kind of thing matters to LBJ as well, and Bronny will definitely be coached very hard if he ends up choosing either UT.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Atticus said:

G-League or Ohio State. Good pub to even get on the list though. Even if he plays CBB, I'd hate for that circus to come to Austin.

what?! i'd welcome it with open arms. Beard can handle his shit. i'll take the publicity and the cache that comes with signing Bronny James. shit, becomes Texas is the school that  signed KD and then Bronny? what future 5* player won't consider Texas?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

total spitballing here, but: tOSU and Duke were always givens. The commonalities that i see between Texas and Tennessee are a)a propensity for getting guys to the NBA/highly drafted, and b)Bronny will be coached HARD by either HC, and i know that's important to LeBron. i know he doesn't want his son going to a country club atmosphere, or a place where he will be given special treatment. remember: Barnes was the only HC who didn't promise KD a damn thing other than a chance to earn his minutes, and KD's mom loved that about Barnes/Texas. i know that this kind of thing matters to LBJ as well, and Bronny will definitely be coached very hard if he ends up choosing either UT.

Man I love hearing that, so I'm gonna go ahead and get my hopes up. 

Is he any good? Seriously haven't a clue what the kid looks like. 

If Beard wants him then so be it and I hope he gets him. Seeing his cunt dad and that flake Drake at our games would be a beating. Those bitches represent everything wrong with the NBA and why it went from my favorite sport by far in the 90s to behind everything even baseball now. And I don't like baseball. 

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

He's going to suck....he sucks now.

lol no. he's a good player with great athleticism and an ideal pedigree. he's absolutely a guy who would get signed by a high major Big XII, SEC, ACC, or Big 10 school on his own merit. he might be overrated- i don't know that he's truly a high 4* player- but he's good enough to earn a scholarship to an ncaa tournament/sweet 16 type program. 

• Like 1

Meh it has to suck to be him from an athlete standpoint  He has a pos crybaby bitch father.  Obvious unreal expectation and the pressure to be good like dad. Hopefully he has a spine and didn’t inherit his dads vagina 

Edited by Sgt Hulk
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan, MD said:

Do not want the Bronny circus. He isn’t an elite player and you will have Lebron and his sycophants breathing down your neck about his playing time and blaming you for him not being that good.

you're wrong. LeBron is not a helicopter dad. he wants his kid to be coached hard and held accountable.

• Hook 'Em 4

some real talk for those who don't know: as counterintuitive as the following may seem, it is absolutely true. LeBron, and many of his NBA peers, have more respect for their USA coach, Coach K, than they do for any of the NBA HC's they've ever had. it's so weird, but it's true. in the NBA, you're a grown man just like your coach, and once you've established yourself, good luck having your coach trying to approach you from a position of superiority. not gonna happen. but when you were a HS player, Coach K, Bill Self, Rick Pitino, John Calipari, etc- these guys were like demigod father figures who wanted you to come play for them. the reverence and respect that stud HS players have/have had for these guys is immense. 

my point here is this: the coaching dynamic between a college coach and his players is totally different than that of an NBA coach and his players. LeBron understands this. LeBron understands that if/when his son gets to the NBA and establishes himself that he'll be able to have his own voice and that he and his coach will be on what is essentially equal footing (if you're good enough- if not, you're still two grown men). IF Bronny goes to college, Papa Bron wants him to go somewhere where Bronny will be held accountable and coached as hard as any other player in the country. LBJ understands that this dynamic is what's most beneficial for college players, and he doesn't want anything different for his son. 

37 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Meh it has to suck to be him from an athlete standpoint  He has a pos crybaby bitch father.  Obvious unreal expectation and the pressure to be good like dad. Hopefully he has a spine and didn’t inherit his dads vagina 

Damn bruh....did LBJ fuck your mom, wife and sister?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Just go see all his Bronny's AAU games. It's packed with celebrities showing up. 

It's good exposure that would almost certainly attract other talent to Texas. 

That would be dope, but I dont think Michael Jordan's son helped attract better players to UCF. Perhaps not apples to apples

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

you're wrong. LeBron is not a helicopter dad. he wants his kid to be coached hard and held accountable.

I don't know about that. Probably not a helicopter dad per se, but his career he's extorted control over every franchise and has basically been defacto GM and sometimes coach for a while now wherever he's been. You think a guy used to that level of control is just gonna be cool with Beard doing whatever he needs for the program even if it's at the expense of not playing his son? 

I don't think so at all no matter what LeBron says. Either way I doubt it's worth the risk for a kid who's merely

"good enough to earn a scholarship to an ncaa tournament/sweet 16 type program."

Edited by Hermanator

4 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I don't know about that. Probably not a helicopter dad per se, but his career he's extorted control over every franchise and has basically been defacto GM and sometimes coach for a while now wherever he's been. You think a guy used to that level of control is just gonna be cool with Beard doing whatever he needs for the program even if it's at the expense of not playing his son? 

I don't think so at all no matter what LeBron says. Either way I doubt it's worth the risk for a kid who's merely

"good enough to earn a scholarship to an ncaa tournament/sweet 16 type program."

which is why i made my last post. the dynamic between a college coach and his players is not the same as a pro coach and his players, and LBJ understands and appreciates this. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I don't know about that. Probably not a helicopter day per se, but his career he's extorted control over every franchise and has basically been defacto GM and sometimes coach for a while now wherever he's been. You think a guy used to that level of control is just gonna be cool with Beard doing whatever he needs for the program even if it's at the expense of not playing his son? 

LeBron is a lot of things. A cornball, a preener, maybe a bit of a control freak, a little insecure with his legacy, probably a little hypocritical... but I do think he is a fantastic person and probably an even better father. I'm not sure I see him interfering with whatever program Bronny goes to. Beard wouldn't be the type to put up with it anyway. And I'd imagine he's the type of dad that would be the first to bench his son's ass if he isn't playing well or trying hard. Talk about a dude that has worked his ass off for 25 years and knows what it takes to be great.

I feel like the football team recruits kids with worse helicopter parents than LeBron every year. 

Granted - the distraction and media circus is another topic. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3