Bronny James

This thread is hilarious. Bronny isn’t going to college, and if he did he wouldn’t come here. Somehow I think he’ll have a very easy time landing endorsements & sponsorships in the G league. I don’t know where in the world someone would get the idea that Lebron wants his kid to get coached super hard or to not get special treatment. Doesn’t seem in lebron’s character at all.

4 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I don't know about that. Probably not a helicopter dad per se, but his career he's extorted control over every franchise and has basically been defacto GM and sometimes coach for a while now wherever he's been. You think a guy used to that level of control is just gonna be cool with Beard doing whatever he needs for the program even if it's at the expense of not playing his son? 

I don't think so at all no matter what LeBron says. Either way I doubt it's worth the risk for a kid who's merely

"good enough to earn a scholarship to an ncaa tournament/sweet 16 type program."

which is why i made my last post. the dynamic between a college coach and his players is not the same as a pro coach and his players, and LBJ understands and appreciates this. 

8 minutes ago, Helobious said:

This thread is hilarious. Bronny isn’t going to college, and if he did he wouldn’t come here. Somehow I think he’ll have a very easy time landing endorsements & sponsorships in the G league. I don’t know where in the world someone would get the idea that Lebron wants his kid to get coached super hard or to not get special treatment. Doesn’t seem in lebron’s character at all.

Yeah, he certainly couldn't get endorsements & sponsorships in college. And he needs that money to pay for a house to get his mom out of the ghetto. 

LeBron, from everything I've ever seen or read about him just shows he's a fantastic human being. People love to hate him, but as a person he's one of the most genuine people. I don't hate or love the guy, but he's a solid dude from what everyone has said that's met him and been around him. I'm sure there's some critics, but at the end if the day he tries his best to give back. 

For someone who’s had the media in his face 24/7 since he was 14, with all the pressure and expectation in the world, it is truly incredible that the guy has never done anything wrong. Never been involved in a scandal, never cheated, never gotten a DUI or been charged with assaulting some idiot at a bar - stuff you read about rich young athletes doing every week on ESPN. The worst thing he’s done is The Decision, which was just awkward and cringy. And even that generated proceeds for a charity! In my mind I can’t think of an athlete who has so lived up to greatness on and off the court from such a young age; it’s truly incredible.

Edit - he’d be a great asset to the UT brand IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Yeah, he certainly couldn't get endorsements & sponsorships in college. And he needs that money to pay for a house to get his mom out of the ghetto. 

I was responding to people upthread that said college makes you more marketable than G League. That’s irrelevant to someone of Bronny’s status. No idea what you’re even trying to say.

8 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

LeBron, from everything I've ever seen or read about him just shows he's a fantastic human being. People love to hate him, but as a person he's one of the most genuine people. I don't hate or love the guy, but he's a solid dude from what everyone has said that's met him and been around him. I'm sure there's some critics, but at the end if the day he tries his best to give back. 

He’s pretty self-absorbed and really showed his ass with the China situation. That doesn’t make him a bad person & he’s Jeter-esque when it comes to avoiding any legal issues or personal drama. But he’s still easy to dislike for many. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I was responding to people upthread that said college makes you more marketable than G League. That’s irrelevant to someone of Bronny’s status. No idea what you’re even trying to say.

You intimated that endorsements and sponsorships would make GLeague more attractive to him. But in an NIL world, he'll likely be able to make more in college endorsements than he could ever make in the G league.

Not to mention that there are huge fan bases that show out for college, while nobody ever watches or attends G League.

Millions of people watched Zion and made him a celebrity in college. Nobody in the short history of G League has ever even been noticed by anybody other than NBA scouts. 

Edited by Hornlover

4 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Long time ago but apparently Donewald JR was the guy that worked with Lebron in practice with the Cavs. No clue how big of an impact it will have but it has to help. 

BB10OmN7.jpeg

Maybe he's grown into that t-shirt by now?

LeBron has done some things I don't like and I've generally not rooted for him very often (definitely not his Miami days, didn't mind him winning the 2016 Cleveland title) (and I have disliked China, Decision, passive aggressive behavior far too often) but I think he could help the program.  Just imagine having two of the greatest NBA players of this generation (I doubt many sane and objective NBA fans would argue against LeBron #1 and Durant #2 for the current generation of players) at a Texas game and/or doing more for the program, etc.    I think it's worth the risk personally, even though I have doubts about Bronny as a high impact talent even in college...but he's certainly in play as a solid recruit/prospect I think...I don't think it would be a total joke or anything.  I definitely don't think Bronny is Tim Tebow/Urban Meyer and the Jags...

10 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Are G-league games televised? I don't pay attention enough to know. 

you pretty much have to be looking for them to find them. if Bronny does end up going to college, his games will be massively covered by ESPN, SI, every media outlet, IG/Twitter account, etc. the exposure for that program will be insane. imagine Bronny joining Texas and Arterio Morris and Dillon Mitchell are still around, not to mention whichever other c/o 2023 studs decide to follow Bronny. Texas would be THE "it" school in all of CBB. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/14/2021 at 10:15 PM, Helobious said:

Another great prediction.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2