Any Interest in a SB Squares Game?

BigOrange1

Basically it would be either $25 or $50/square and you'd have the same square(s) for all three games (though each game would have different numbers).  semi final games would be worth a little less than the championship game.

we'd have to sell 100 of them, so $25 might be the better price point.  logistics can be worked out later, just need to know if there is enough interest to make it worth my time to setup and track.

On 12/16/2021 at 12:24 AM, HornPhD said:

I’m in

On 12/16/2021 at 2:53 PM, Blotto said:

I'm in for a few if we get enough interest. Might have to solicit on the football board, as I'm not sure how much traffic this sub really gets. 

On 12/16/2021 at 3:28 PM, joeycovers said:

Disregard... Im stupid

On 12/22/2021 at 4:28 AM, Bill Brasky said:

I'm down 

On 12/22/2021 at 11:54 PM, Jack Straw said:

I’m down 

On 12/25/2021 at 3:10 PM, TornACL said:

I, too, am a degenerate and would be in for this. 

On 12/27/2021 at 11:28 AM, Knoxtnhorn said:

I'm in if this is still a thing....

On 12/27/2021 at 11:39 AM, PhillyD said:

I'd be in

18 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Since I'm not winning the bowl challenge, I'm in to recoup my losses. Will there be a square for Covid forfeit? 

3 hours ago, immortal13 said:

I'm in

oh sure, now you guys express interest.  i'll setup a google sheet.  pm me your email address and i'll add you to it (please use your surly usernames when picking your squares).  lets do $25 a square so we can hopefully fill it up in short order.

20 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

if this doesn't fill up by friday would all who have signed up so far be good with it just becoming a squares game for the national title game only?

Fine by me, but maybe do halves or qtrs?

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

@BigOrange1

Did you want someone to mention this on the main football board to get more traffic?  I wanted to ask before stepping on toes.

I posted a thread that no one replied to lol (though one person did PM me and join).  I'd be thrilled if you wanted to help bring more attention in any manner.

i have a couple of options as it doesn't look like this is going to fill up:

option a - try and sell 50 and then just give everyone double entries and cut the payouts in half.

option b - turn it into a superbowl squares sheet and spend the next month trying to fill it up lol.

thoughts?

15 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

i have a couple of options as it doesn't look like this is going to fill up:

option a - try and sell 50 and then just give everyone double entries and cut the payouts in half.

option b - turn it into a superbowl squares sheet and spend the next month trying to fill it up lol.

thoughts?

I vote for option B

yeah it's gonna end up being a super bowl squares game.  last year i ran one here and we filled it up so i'm confident we can fill this one up with almost a month head start and it already 40% full.  

if you have entered and don't want to do it for the superbowl, let me know and i'll remove your entry and refund your money if you've paid.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/9/2022 at 3:48 PM, BigOrange1 said:

yeah it's gonna end up being a super bowl squares game.  last year i ran one here and we filled it up so i'm confident we can fill this one up with almost a month head start and it already 40% full.  

if you have entered and don't want to do it for the superbowl, let me know and i'll remove your entry and refund your money if you've paid.

Sounds good for the Super Bowl.  Thanks for sealing with the hassle.

• immamac changed the title to Any Interest in a SB Squares Game?