5A division 1 - Katy Paetow v. College Station

Hagbard Celine

11 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

8:00 left in the 2nd

college station 14

katy paetow 7

who the fuck is katy paetow?

New 4th year school in Katy.  Moving up to 6A next year because it's growing so much.

Several Coaches on staff have worked at Katy.

Katy-Paetow ties game with TD    14-14

late 2nd qtr

Edited by LTtxfan
messed up

2 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

OG Katy aggys worried and already redistricting. Some of this kids getting broken up and sent to Morton Ranch next year.

lot of ins and outs here, you can stay at your hs if you're a jr/sr,  you can goto the hs your older siblings went to, you can switch schools ....

Edited by tx 3 putt

7 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

lot of ins and outs here, you can stay at your hs if you're a jr/sr,  you can goto the hs your older siblings went to, you can switch schools ....

7 hours ago, DaysOff said:

OG Katy aggys worried and already redistricting. Some of this kids getting broken up and sent to Morton Ranch next year.

It's funny cuz it's true. The district athletic department is run for the benefit of Katy High football. Somebody somewhere is getting fired for allowing this to happen. 

1 hour ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

It's funny cuz it's true. The district athletic department is run for the benefit of Katy High football. Somebody somewhere is getting fired for allowing this to happen. 

As I understand it the UIL either reviews or redistricts every 2 years regardless.  Local school superintendents vote on the UIL recommendations.  For the record, I do not work for the UIL, so most likely I'm only partially correct,

6 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

As I understand it the UIL either reviews or redistricts every 2 years regardless.  Local school superintendents vote on the UIL recommendations.  For the record, I do not work for the UIL, so most likely I'm only partially correct,

UIL has zero input on how Katy ISD zones their schools.  UIL just goes off the ADM for each school and assigns them to classifications accordingly every other February.  In UIL's defense, new schools in high growth areas can be a challenge with regard to actual school population as an area fills up, sometimes unbelievably quickly.

Katy ISD calls the shots on the attendance zones/ open campus/ whatever.

Edited by slorch

17 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

The ISDs turn in numbers for their high schools every two years  and just did this back in October for the realignment that takes effect for the 2022-23 school year and the next one.  The thing that was kind of fucked up about Paetow is as of last October, they turned in nearly 3200 students which is over 1000 off the 5A/6A cutoff.  They had 6A numbers the first year of the current alignment too, but because the numbers were taken during 2019-20 school year when they were barley still in 5A division one, they got the benefit of playing two years in 5A with very large numbers.   They have more students than the  participants in todays 6A D2 game.   The UIL really should use the projections the ISDs use to justify opening up new schools which I can pretty much guarantee you had Paetow at 6A numbers last year.    Paetow is not the only school to get to take advantage of this and make a championship…. Manvel, Shadow Creek, George Ranch comes to mind.   

21 minutes ago, slorch said:

UIL has zero input on how Katy ISD zones their schools.  UIL just goes off the ADM for each school and assigns them to classifications accordingly every other February.  In UIL's defense, new schools in high growth areas can be a challenge with regard to actual school population as an area fills up, sometimes unbelievably quickly.

Katy ISD calls the shots on the attendance zones/ open campus/ whatever.

A simple fix would be for the ISD to turn in their enrollment projections for their new schools and have them assigned them for there.   Then they can decide off the bat if they want to go full varsity sports their first year or build up for two years by playing largely sub varsity schedules.   It’s just crock for the system to be made a mockery of itself because of loophole that could be simply closed if the UIL had balls to do so.  

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

A simple fix would be for the ISD to turn in their enrollment projections for their new schools and have them assigned them for there.   Then they can decide off the bat if they want to go full varsity sports their first year or build up for two years by playing largely sub varsity schedules.   It’s just crock for the system to be made a mockery of itself because of loophole that could be simply closed if the UIL had balls to do so.  

Projections aren't fair either.  What if the growth stops?  I feel like measuring "what is" is the best way to go.

It's not fair to go off of "what might be."

TBH, I kind of giggle at 5A and 6A schools griping about attendance disparity when they generally  have 1000- 1500 boys to choose from

Edited by slorch