Marvel's Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

mdmost

47 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

No.  I think you are good.  As long as you have seen Wandavision and Loki, you should be fine.

You trying to say if i don't watch those damn tv series that i'm gonna be lost just watching the movies?

23 minutes ago, BERT said:

You trying to say if i don't watch those damn tv series that i'm gonna be lost just watching the movies?

You might be, yeah.  WandaVision is 350 minutes and Loki is 280 minutes.  And both well worth it. 

1 hour ago, BERT said:

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

You might be, yeah.  WandaVision is 350 minutes and Loki is 280 minutes.  And both well worth it. 

If you liked (most of) the marvel movies, and if you like TV shows, you’re probably going to enjoy them anyway. 

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

2 hours ago, UT_OB1 said:

If you liked (most of) the marvel movies, and if you like TV shows, you’re probably going to enjoy them anyway. 

2 hours ago, HoustonFrog said:

Yeah - Wandavision is one of best Marvel creations, tv or movie. Loki is really solid also, and the most important show for setting up the next stage of Marvel (I think).

Skip Winter Soldier/Falcon and Hawkeye is pretty mediocre also

Well…… ok. If I must. 

The TV shows haven’t really advanced any plot. In this trailer Strange basically tells Wanda “I’m not here to talk about your show.” Sam already agreed to take on the Cap role at the end of Endgame, nothing in F&WS changed that. I don’t know what the hell happened at the end of Loki. Hawkeye did at least introduce…Hawkeye. 

They are various levels of entertaining but they aren’t critical to the movies IMO. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Completely incorrect. Did you even watch the shows? Sure, you could step right in and watch this movie and probably not miss too much but the TV shows definitely advanced the plot. I'll grant F&WS didn't add much but the two below did.

Wandavision

Spoiler

Wanda becomes the full blown Scarlet Witch which is why Dr Strange needs her as she's arguably more powerful than him since her magic is chaos magic. She is the co-star of this movie and may end up being a villain based on how the movie goes. The show gave a window into how she is capable of being villainous for her own purposes, in this case, grief over losing her brother and Vision.

Loki

Spoiler

Introduced the Multiverse which is the entire Phase 4 overarching storyline. Introduced Kang who will be the Thanos of Phase 4, especially when the Kang the Conqueror variant comes into play in the Ant Man 3 movie. Introduced the ideas of multiple variant beings from different timelines. Dr. Strange might have to form his own TVA to get the timelines back to their correct universes.

I'd even argue What If added to this Phase since Evil Dr. Strange seems to straight from his episode where he tried to bring back Christine. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 6

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Completely incorrect. Did you even watch the shows? Sure, you could step right in and watch this movie and probably not miss too much but the TV shows definitely advanced the plot. I'll grant F&WS didn't add much but the two below did.

Wandavision

Hide contents

Wanda becomes the full blown Scarlet Witch which is why Dr Strange needs her as she's arguably more powerful than him since her magic is chaos magic. She is the co-star of this movie and may end up being a villain based on how the movie goes. The show gave a window into how she is capable of being villainous for her own purposes, in this case, grief over losing her brother and Vision.

Loki

Hide contents

Introduced the Multiverse which is the entire Phase 4 overarching storyline. Introduced Kang who will be the Thanos of Phase 4, especially when the Kang the Conqueror variant comes into play in the Ant Man 3 movie. Introduced the ideas of multiple variant beings from different timelines. Dr. Strange might have to form his own TVA to get the timelines back to their correct universes.

I'd even argue What If added to this Phase since Evil Dr. Strange seems to straight from his episode where he tried to bring back Christine. 

Would be pretty cool if the evil stranges ended up being the same. 

The ancient one said that the time stone was what was holding back the evil.  Time stone is gone. I think / hope they dig in to what it means for this timeline to not have a set of infinity stones. 

10 hours ago, UT_OB1 said:

Would be pretty cool if the evil stranges ended up being the same. 

The ancient one said that the time stone was what was holding back the evil.  Time stone is gone. I think / hope they dig in to what it means for this timeline to not have a set of infinity stones. 

Weren’t there tons of them sitting in a drawer at the TVA in Loki?  Maybe they grab some from there.

4 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I was rewatching dr strange #1 and finally caught a tidbit towards the beginning.  Before he crashed he was on a call with a dude pitching him patients to work on.  One of them was a “army colonel” with a crushed spine from a military experiment.  Which was Rhoady from civil war. 

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

On 12/24/2021 at 9:01 AM, Buzzrock said:

Agree to disagree. I think it’s intentional by Marvel, they don’t want to risk losing box office revenue to people who don’t have Disney+. 

2 of the main actors in the upcoming captain marvel 2 will have been introduced in the Disney + shows. 

On 12/28/2021 at 12:15 PM, XYZ said:

Just because something was introduced in a previous show doesn’t mean that the audience of the new show will be lost without having seen it. Don’t be so dorky.

This. For example years ago I thoroughly enjoyed Trapper John, M.D. especially Pernell Roberts’ portrayal of the title character. I understand there was some backstory there but I never followed up on it. Something about Korea

• Haha 2

On 12/28/2021 at 12:15 PM, XYZ said:

Just because something was introduced in a previous show doesn’t mean that the audience of the new show will be lost without having seen it. Don’t be so dorky.

This.

For instance, Matt Murdock being in NWH didn't make it less enjoyable for my friend who didn't watch Daredevil.  Sure the audience cheered, but it didn't fuck up watching of the movie.

• 1 month later...

Absolutely in. They have done a really good job with all the Dr Strange stuff, and initially it was a character I didn’t know much about and wasn’t really looking forward to. But his movie is really good and he steals every scene he’s in in the Avengers and Spidey flicks. Mix in Sam Raimi? Fuck yeah.

• Hook 'Em 3