Marvel's Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

mdmost

2 hours ago, BERT said:

That was my first thought as well, but it might be Captain Marvel. 

Nova makes more sense. They have some history that could lead to a misunderstanding that leads to a short fight before they team up.  MCU (and marvel comics) likes to do that. See: just about every MCU movie where the heroes cross over. 

7 hours ago, BERT said:

That was my first thought as well, but it might be Captain Marvel. 

4 hours ago, UT_OB1 said:

Nova makes more sense. They have some history that could lead to a misunderstanding that leads to a short fight before they team up.  MCU (and marvel comics) likes to do that. See: just about every MCU movie where the heroes cross over. 

2 hours ago, freyguy said:

I don't think it's Nova.  They have the best opportunity to introduce him by re-hashing Thanos "decimating Zandar".  Just need the right cosmic based movie to do so.

Shit. I meant photon from wandavision. We already know she’ll be prominent in Captain Marvel 2. So will ms marvel. Makes sense to drop Photon in here to get the non- Disney plus viewers up to speed before cap marvel 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ballrific said:
  Hide contents

you'd think the professor, captain marvel and some Captain Peggy sprinkled in could defeat an unhinged Wanda...

Nerdz!

Spoiler

1) professor x is powerful, but he’s not even close to the strongest telepath. He’s a leader  

2) Capt Peggy / Capt America aren’t really equipped to deal w someone like unhinged Scarlet Witch.  She/He can hang with the max Titan in hand to hand, but he’s going to need trickery to fight SW style  

3) That leaves Strange. She’s got him on raw power.  He might have her on training. Maybe. 
4) i don’t think she’s the big bad  

On 4/29/2022 at 11:11 AM, mdmost said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Told you guys that the What If? series would have a role in the movies. Zombie Scarlet Witch is in this as well. 

On 4/29/2022 at 8:10 PM, UT_OB1 said:

Nerdz!

Reveal hidden contents

1) professor x is powerful, but he’s not even close to the strongest telepath. He’s a leader  

2) Capt Peggy / Capt America aren’t really equipped to deal w someone like unhinged Scarlet Witch.  She/He can hang with the max Titan in hand to hand, but he’s going to need trickery to fight SW style  

3) That leaves Strange. She’s got him on raw power.  He might have her on training. Maybe. 
4) i don’t think she’s the big bad  

8 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I think Wanda is the bad guy.  Just my $0.02.

Spoiler

I don’t recall the end of what if…did they end up stopping ultron?  Could he be the big bad?  Also the end of wandavision had strange recruiting her.  So I’m thinking maybe there’s several scarlet witches fighting each other, and I assume in different universes there’s still some live Visions.  And would the what if ultron be the only one to download into the Vision body?

Spoiler

Yea I didn’t know how to review it. Felt this was Wanda vision extended more than doctor strange. Things are about to get fucking crazy and I hope they keep a storyline going everyone can understand and not introduce so many different characters everyone gets confused af. Even though I’m kinda already there.

Edited by Rockethorn1978

16 minutes ago, speed817 said:

Just got out of the movie.  Middle of the pack Marvel movie but enjoyed it overall.  Hope everyone is caught up with all the shows!!!

Have not yet seen What If?, Hawkeye, or F&WS. Will it be necessary beforehand?

Have not yet seen What If?, Hawkeye, or F&WS. Will it be necessary beforehand?
I only caught a couple of issues of What If, saw the first one with Doctor Strange.

It'd be good to have watched Wandavision.

Overall I enjoyed it. I'd agree that it falls in the middle of my rankings for Marvel movies, though it has opened the door for a lot to come and that's where it really shines.

21 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

I only caught a couple of issues of What If, saw the first one with Doctor Strange.

It'd be good to have watched Wandavision.

Overall I enjoyed it. I'd agree that it falls in the middle of my rankings for Marvel movies, though it has opened the door for a lot to come and that's where it really shines.

I agree it opens the door for a lot to come but I fear it opens the door for so much to come if they aren’t careful it could spiral into confusing af unless you’re a comic book nerd. I hope they open the door but zero in on a storyline that’s not too difficult to follow.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bookman said:

I enjoyed it, but it wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be. I think it could have been longer.

That was one of the best things.....just over two hours!!!  Still had time to get to Cattleack for lunch!!!

Edited by speed817

reasonsimbroke-larry-david.gif

Spoiler

I was very whelmed. Whoever said this felt like a continuation of Wandavision hit the nail on the head. This felt like a 2 hour finale for that show. Also, the trailers kinda overhyped the Illuminate. 

"You will have to answer to...... the Illuminate"

5 minutes later...

south-park-its-gone.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ernest_t_bass said:

How many universes are there!? Loved this movie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least 2.  The BBC one where you get paid in tea and cookies, and the Marvel one where they pay you in cartel levels of money.

Filthy, dirty money.

49 minutes ago, TxTower said:

Sure it jumped the shark a bit but still a solid series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only jumped a little, as far as it goes.  Could be worse, could be  some CW clown ruining the franchise.

3 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I enjoyed this movie.  

Hide contents

I was right.  Wanda is the bad guy.

Is Charlize Theron coming into the MCU as Clea?

Spoiler

I understand in the comics Clea becomes Dr. Strange but is just called Strange instead. And then there’s Charlize who makes us all want to get some strange so this goes full circle 

9 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

More first season Sherlock before he became a weird internet celebrity, which kinda ruined the character a bit.

I will fight you if Season Two Episode One is not included because I absolutely loved A Scandal in Belgravia. The way they took one of my favorite canon pieces (Scandal in Bohemia) and twisted it just so was a gem. Plus the accompanying music was quite enjoyable. And I expect some of you appreciated Lara Pulver as well.

1 hour ago, TOR said:

Moffat gives some excellent television.

Agree.

Back to Dr. Strange. I am so far behind in the movies I don't think I will ever quite catch up in order and it won't matter all that much to me, but we're going to see this one next week when the fury dies down a little.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

This was really good and moves along like a freight train. It is definitely a Sam Raimi film. It’s basically a Marvel Evil Dead movie.

Yep.  One of the reasons I loved it.  Lots of Evil Dead notes in this one including a Bruce Campbell cameo where he beats himself up.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Just got done watching it. Really enjoyed it. Loved all this movie introduced to the MCU. I loved that they were able to keep a few of the cameos a secret. 

Spoiler

I thought Charlize might be Enchantress but confirmed she’s Clea

Edited by mdmost