Formula 1 2022

Anton Chigurh

13 hours ago, utee94 said:

I definitely have a Top 3.  Monaco, Spa, and Suzuka.

There are several others I'd love to visit, but those are my bucket list ones.

Pretty much this for me, too. Suzuka is the best track in the world, imho.

And outside of F1, don't sleep on the Indy 500. Amazing experience. I also really wanna get to Bathurst some day.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, dieucla98 said:

The changes Merc made looks like it made the porpoising worse. Like a lot worse. Russell and Hamilton are going to need a bottle of Advil each.

Hell, they might need more than that. Their spines are being stretched and contracted repeatedly down the straights. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
11 minutes ago, wood said:
Hell, they might need more than that. Their spines are being stretched and contracted repeatedly down the straights. 

That shit looks extremely uncomfortable.

Hell yeah it does. There's a shitty section of concrete road between the S. Mopac feeder and the Brodie Lane Lowe's. Simulates the same kind of porpoising effect, but to a much smaller degree. I was going about 60 across it today and it was uncomfortable as shit, at less than 1/3 of their speed and smaller bumps. I immediately thought about how shitty it must be to drive with that kind of porpoising.

• Like 1

It’s just jarring that Mercedes can’t make up ground on any of the mid pack. They’re not competing for the championship this year. Might have trouble holding off McLaren for 3rd. 

Yeah, but they haven’t actually brought anything to fix their issues yet. They are naturally going to go backwards relative to the competition who have upgraded their cars some. Look at Aston, they were hopeless just a few races ago, but have brought some updates and are doing a bit better now.

A lot of the qualifying speed issues also come from tire warmup, which is a separate issue but one they need to workout just as much (they have always struggled with this, though).

If they are still shitty after Barcelona then yeah they might be turbo fucked, at least for this year.

Screw the haters. That was a fun sprint. 

Danny had a nice drive.  Was over 6 seconds back of Lando when Carlos went around him and was 3 seconds back at the end.  

Bad tire choice for Haas and K Mag, Mick will have his best starting spot I think  

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Danny had a nice drive.  Was over 6 seconds back of Lando when Carlos went around him and was 3 seconds back at the end.  

Bad tire choice for Haas and K Mag, Mick will have his best starting spot I think  

Carlos made up 4+ seconds on Lando in 3 or 4 laps. He might have been the fastest car out there today.

1 minute ago, Chewbacca said:
16 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Carlos made up 4+ seconds on Lando in 3 or 4 laps. He might have been the fastest car out there today.

His PU2 with boosted power seems as advertised. If he beats Leclerc tomorrow I’m sure there will be another engine swap before the next race. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

His PU2 with boosted power seems as advertised. If he beats Leclerc tomorrow I’m sure there will be another engine swap before the next race. 

Kind of annoying because Charles likely could have won the Spring today with the new engine. It definitely looks like RB have the better pace in the dry, but it’s like 70% chance of rain tomorrow so who knows what will happen. 

Edit: looks like Sainz was never actually that close to Leclerc’s speed, even in free air. Also you can tell be Checo’s times that the RB was just faster than Ferrari today. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 1