Formula 1 2022

Anton Chigurh

Leclerc was just plain faster than everyone today. He was .4 up on his 11.3 when the red flag hit. He might’ve beat the field by half a second if no red flag. He’s the best qualifier on the grid and will probably go down as one of the best ever if Ferrari can keep giving him a competitive car. 

Now we get to wait and see how Ferrari/Charles’ Monaco curse fuck this up. A chaotic rain race seems the most likely. 

3 hours ago, 52-80 said:

What happened to gasly in last few races ?

He’s been saying he can’t lay down the power because the backend is too squirrelly at other tracks. He had pace for top 6 if he didn’t get fucked over in Q1 today. Alpha Tauri’s strategy team might be the worst in all of F1. I’ll never forget him being the only car in full wets at Imola in 2021. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

16 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

He’s driving at another level right.  Reliability and the usual Ferrari fuckups are the only thing in his path right now.  It was impressive seeing how he was destroying the field last week in person until…

Still hurts. That engine blowout was almost as costly as both of Max’s combined. A 33 point swing plus an engine penalty later in the year versus Max’s 2 DNF’s costing him 36 points but no penalties later. 

Watching qualifying this morning with my kid. Albon had gone out early and had at-the-time the second fastest lap.

My kid: Oh daddy look. The car with the W next to it is number 2. I thought they had the slowest car.

The boy doesn’t watch a lot of racing but even he knows that the Williams don’t have a chance. 

This new guy has made some questionable decisions so far. Yesterday’s red flag in qualifying was totally unnecessary. 

A marshal, on his own, waved a red flag on track so it had to be red flagged.

Doesn’t change your point, the race directors have been abysmal the last few years.