Formula 1 2022

Anton Chigurh

1 minute ago, texas08 said:

Cliff notes on what happened to Perez, please.

Wasn’t able to see until I noticed he was fucked after q2.

went off at T3 into the barriers after locking up the inside front.  wing got stuck under the barriers so couldn't back out. 

11 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
5 hours ago, faps said:
I think I am just to your right, Chewbacca.

Is the guy who keeps flipping off Lewis in front of you? Or is that you?

Lol that guy is in the row in front of us. A big group of jackasses that try to steal your seats. All wearing Alonso shirts. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 52-80 said:

did alonso travel back in time or what

LOL, maybe! But seriously I don't think Alonso's pace has ever really dropped off, & he's actually one of the best drivers on a wet or variable circuit. He's very quick, but for the last few years he just hasn't been in quick cars to show it. He's been very fast all of 2022, too. This year he has dominated Ocon in non-race sessions - going significantly quicker than him in something like 80% of non-race sessions (and in 23 of the last 26). He just had awful luck in the first 4 or 5 races of the season - with reliability, getting collected by Mick, an engine penalty, long pit stops, bad info from the team in Spain qualy, etc - so his pace dominance hasn't translated to WDC points. 

In Spain the team sent Nando into his final lap right behind Lando when they actually had several seconds to play with and create a gap. In SA, Alonso retired 3 positions ahead of Ocon when his water pump seals exited the water pump and entered the engine. In Melbourne, looking at a probable top 6 result, he was shuffled from P4 back to P13 by the two SCs by Vettel and Max. Then his new left front medium tire grained badly and sent him further back. At Imola, Alonso retired ahead of Ocon due to sidepod damage from Mick spinning and collecting him. That's at least 4 of 7 race weekends where Alonso was significantly disadvantaged by incidents that were outside his control.

On 6/18/2022 at 10:07 AM, Chewbacca said:

Gotta say, the Lance Stroll grandstand is a really good spot to watch the race. You get a great view of the cars as they slow down for the hairpin and then add they accelerate out. And having that screen there, you can keep tabs on the action. Now if we could do something about the weather...

Yep. And you can both see the graphics and hear the commentators clearly there, right? Unlike some places. When I was at CGV in 2010, I could hear the commentary clearly at the hairpin, even above the screaming V8 noise.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, elfenix said:

alonso!

18 hours ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Freddy! That exit through the chicane, damn!

18 hours ago, G650 said:

Hell yeah Fred.

Yep I was watching Fred's pace all weekend and he's been right near the top since the first green light on Friday. Just hope this translates to a good race. Knock on wood. I don't think he can pull off P1 or 2 in that car, but a top 5 would be very nice imho.

Edited by wood

1 hour ago, wood said:

Yep I was watching Fred's pace all weekend and he's been right near the top since the first green light on Friday. Just hope this translates to a good race. Knock on wood. I don't think he can pull off P1 or 2 in that car, but a top 5 would be very nice imho.

I'd definitely take a top 5 and I think it's eminently possible.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, G650 said:

I'd definitely take a top 5 and I think it's eminently possible.

Yep. With some great luck, he could have a shot at a podium. One thing in his favor is that the Alpine has been an absolute rocket in a straight line lately. That's a great thing in Montreal.

30 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Lewis reaching out to the locals

52158700365_924b0db2a2_b.jpg

the funny thing is this is probably 1/10 pieces from some atelier and cost thousands of dollars.

dont understand why teams still hold out information placards down the straight?  it seems completely anachronistic when they have 24/7 radios.  and atleast have some digital displays or something.  doesnt seem right that theyre using all this tech to develop the car... and then some dude has to flip analog cards to show drivers their gaps

851c7b28ee529288dc9646fd725fd8b5.jpg&f=1

4 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

the funny thing is this is probably 1/10 pieces from some atelier and cost thousands of dollars.

dont understand why teams still hold out information placards down the straight?  it seems completely anachronistic when they have 24/7 radios.  and atleast have some digital displays or something.  doesnt seem right that theyre using all this tech to develop the car... and then some dude has to flip analog cards to show drivers their gaps

851c7b28ee529288dc9646fd725fd8b5.jpg&f=1

Because it's proper, that's why