Formula 1 2022

Anton Chigurh

Just now, kevwun said:

It's not hard to avoid dropping n-bombs.  I manage to do it every day.

I don't honestly think I've ever said it.  I can't even say it when I'm singing along to rap or hip hop songs where its use is ubiquitous.  I just skip those lines.

I do, however, refer to myself often as a "honky gringo" so I guess I'm part of the problem, too.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, VABuckeye said:

It’s not silly at all. Without social media, streaming and people that want to get offended by everything these were not stories 15 years ago.  If it offensive?  Yes.  Would we know about it without the current culture?  Almost certainly not.  

You don't even understand what you're saying yourself, so I'm not surprised that you don't understand the argument. Here you make a good point that modern technology has created an environment where more people hear about offensive speech more quickly, then quickly recede back into your comfort zone that it's about "people (these days) wanting to be offended by everything."

You're very close to getting it and I wish you luck. 

Edited by Huckleberry

10 hours ago, 52-80 said:

What a "silly" bar to hurdle.

Are mass protests the determinant for malice?  Do you think Piquet had ill intent with his words? Are there mass protests against him?

Let's take the most popular fora on the internet, what is the tenor of the reactions there?

Do you need to be explained why sponsors take the position they do?  Do you think I'm arguing about the action of the sponsor themselves?

What's silly about the point about differences in motivation, damage, and needing to be thoughtful in reaction and judgement?

Do you personally think what he said was racially motivated, and what do you think is appropriate punishment for it?

Don't be fatuous, berry.

You intentionally avoided the entire point. While bemoaning your belief that people overreact to speech you did so by drawing absurd emotional comparisons to murder and other serious crimes. It was a hypocritically laughable post and I simply pointed that out. A young man lost a job as a junior driver on an F1 team and now has an F2 job. Comparing that to people being in a murderous rage is absurd. If you don't want me to call your posts silly you should stop making silly posts. 

I don't honestly think I've ever said it.  I can't even say it when I'm singing along to rap or hip hop songs where its use is ubiquitous.  I just skip those lines.
I do, however, refer to myself often as a "honky gringo" so I guess I'm part of the problem, too.

Cracka ass cracka!

(I can say that because my name used to be crackamacgowski)
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

You intentionally avoided the entire point. While bemoaning your belief that people overreact to speech you did so by drawing absurd emotional comparisons to murder and other serious crimes. It was a hypocritically laughable post and I simply pointed that out. A young man lost a job as a junior driver on an F1 team and now has an F2 job. Comparing that to people being in a murderous rage is absurd. If you don't want me to call your posts silly you should stop making silly posts. 

You managed to avoid answering even a single question.  They’re not rhetorical. Try even the most simple, straightforward ones:

1. do you think hes a racist

2. should he be judged as one

Shockingly, Karun actually talking some good sense in FP1 re: ditching all the extra weight of batteries and turbos, and going to NA V10s running on sustainable fuels.

Hopefully this idea will gain some serioous traction.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, utee94 said:

I've been married to a Mexican woman and her family for 21 years now. My name has actually been legally changed to "Pinche Guero Pendejo".

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, utee94 said:

Cracker ass cracker

Edit:Fucking Conference Room beat me to it.

Edited by G650
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Cracka ass cracka!

(I can say that because my name used to be crackamacgowski)

So, you're the one. /TopGun

55 minutes ago, G650 said:

Cracker ass cracker

Edit:Fucking Conference Room beat me to it.

JFC you're slower than Mazepin on rollerskates.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, wood said:

I've been married to a Mexican woman and her family for 21 years now. My name has actually been legally changed to "Pinche Guero Pendejo".

My wife is half Cuban.  When I met her family in Miami I heard the word gringo mentioned more times than I’ve heard in the 40 years since. 

Edited by VABuckeye
  • Haha 1

Now that we’ve covered the what is a racist comment and wives heritage part of the thread can we move on to the fucking actual Silverstone updates. Please.

Oh and my wife is Irish and she’s a pain in the ass. 

Edited by Mach 1
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mach 1 said:

Now that we’ve covered the what is a racist comment and wives heritage part of the thread can we move on to the fucking actual Silverstone updates. Please.

Oh and my wife is Irish and she’s a pain in the ass. Happy?

Nothing much happened in FP1 because rain. FP2 was dry, but fairly uneventful. It was riveting. Sainz quickest. Merc quicker because Silverstone, but still porpoising. Red Bull still finding their setup.

FWl9f1wX0AErA5m?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VABuckeye said:

My wife is half Cuban.  When I met her family in Miami I heard the word gringo mentioned more times than I’ve heard in the 40 years since. 

6 hours ago, Mach 1 said:

Oh and my wife is Irish and she’s a pain in the ass. 

My FIL is Cuban and my wife is also a quarter Irish so take that.

We had flexy wings, now maybe we have flexy floors.

From a German AMuS article, translated.

In their investigations of the planks and subfloors, the Technical Commissioners have apparently discovered that some teams are deliberately playing with the stiffness of the huge floor slab. When the FIA threatened at the last meeting of the technical directors that the middle part of the floor should be uniformly stiff in the future, Red Bull and Ferrari went to the barricades.

The competition suspects that in both cars the ground deforms at certain points, thus increasing the tunnel effect under the car. So there should be enough air between the chassis and the base plate that the floor can move. This could generate significantly more downforce and would explain why the two outwardly so different cars are so much better than the rest.