Formula 1 2022

Anton Chigurh

On 11/4/2022 at 3:43 PM, Anton Chigurh said:

TBH, this is pretty standard for the top tier guys when driving to a delta. It of course requires driving mostly in clean air too.

VER and HAM

a5ad860c3af7be2d53f0ae698b13a28b.png

VER and ALO (you can mostly ignore ALO’s second stint since that is when he started having the engine issues).

c02f7725852080e537d8ab2220e26e6a.png

VER and various others. LEC was a little more erratic at the end here, but still very good.

96344dcb524330fa0b923dd4d4f76122.png

It is still obviously impressive, but it happens fairly often.

Yeah, being given a time to drive to and nailing it within a tenth every single lap is the name of the game in F1. I don't even think it's limited to the top tier drivers - if you can't do it in general you're not getting into the sport. Mileage may vary from race to race, but over the long arc of a season or a career, that is the one metric in which any given team will be the most interested. 

4 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Sprint race in Brazil. To be honest, I kind of forgot about those. 

Honestly, I don't hate them like some others around here do.  It's more racing, and I like racing.

Two months from now, all you jackwagons are going to be BEGGING for just a lil' sprint race, to tide you over. :)

Edited by utee94
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, utee94 said:

Honestly, I don't hate them like some others around here do.  It's more racing, and I like racing.

Two months from now, all you jackwagons are going to be BEGGING for just a lil' sprint race, to tide you over. :)

If it didn't set the grid for Sunday, I'd have no problem with a sprint race. The way they do it now, it just makes the race on Sunday even more predictable. It's like running a portion of the GP, then red-flagging it and doing a standing restart the next day. Let Qualifying set the GP grid the way it always has, then use something else to set the Sprint grid, like points, reverse points, whatever. Then you have added value to the weekend imho. Qualifying isn't diminished, and the cars who Qualified 'out of order' get to start the GP that way rather than being shaken out in the Sprint.

• Hook 'Em 3

35 minutes ago, wood said:

If it didn't set the grid for Sunday, I'd have no problem with a sprint race. The way they do it now, it just makes the race on Sunday even more predictable. It's like running a portion of the GP, then red-flagging it and doing a standing restart the next day. Let Qualifying set the GP grid the way it always has, then use something else to set the Sprint grid, like points, reverse points, whatever. Then you have added value to the weekend imho. Qualifying isn't diminished, and the cars who Qualified 'out of order' get to start the GP that way rather than being shaken out in the Sprint.

Currently, the top 6 cars are going to make it into the top 6 regardless, and within just a few laps.  (Unless that useless prick Russell gets overly aggressive again).

So I don't really see it as changing the drama very much, at all.

Agree to disagree with you on this, but I'm fine with the sprint race qualifying.

In a small conundrum here…booked plane tickets today for Japan next Sept and having a real crisis on how to handle the race. Our company will let us modify our package through the end of this month…we currently have two champions club tickets with grid-walk access on Saturday only.

Is rain pretty normal for Suzuka? Sept is right in the middle of typhoon season. Wondering if we should modify to Saturday only and save some $$ or just stick with the sat & sun package we booked.

4 hours ago, McCroskey said:

In a small conundrum here…booked plane tickets today for Japan next Sept and having a real crisis on how to handle the race. Our company will let us modify our package through the end of this month…we currently have two champions club tickets with grid-walk access on Saturday only.

Is rain pretty normal for Suzuka? Sept is right in the middle of typhoon season. Wondering if we should modify to Saturday only and save some $$ or just stick with the sat & sun package we booked.

Yep, rain is pretty normal for Suzuka, but it's not always the monsoon we've seen sometimes. Sounds awesome either way though. Congrats!

• Hook 'Em 1

Which one of y'all is the guy at the end of FP1 getting his Horns up for the camera? Black shirt, black hat.

3 hours ago, elfenix said:

ted: it's hot here it's 25° [that's 77° in non-napoleonic units]

LOL. Yeah, and 85F is always 'scorching hot' to them.

JFC. Leclerc the only one out on Inters to start Q3 while it’s completely dry.  Now Russell beaches his car and it’s red flagged. If it keeps raining Leclerc will qualify P10. 

Ferrari always inventing new ways to fuck up and screw Leclerc over. 

Also F1 needs to adopt the IndyCar rule for a crash in quali. No way Russel should get to qualify P3 after ruining the session. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

JFC. Leclerc the only one out on Inters to start Q3 while it’s completely dry.  Now Russell beaches his car and it’s red flagged. If it keeps raining Leclerc will qualify P10. 

Ferrari always inventing new ways to fuck up and screw Leclerc over. 

Also F1 needs to adopt the IndyCar rule for a crash in quali. No way Russel should get to qualify P3 after ruining the session. 

Indy Car rule is basically if you crash in quali, your time is deleted so you roll basically to the back of whatever session it is, right?

so in this case George would be starting 10th not 3rd?

22 minutes ago, NoName said:

Indy Car rule is basically if you crash in quali, your time is deleted so you roll basically to the back of whatever session it is, right?

so in this case George would be starting 10th not 3rd?

Basically, I think they delete multiple times, depending on the severity but they also usually set more times than in an F1 quali, so I think deleting the best lap time would be fair. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, deft said:

Gods, stroll is an idiot

Motherfucker is gonna kill someone. Fuck that asshole.

Fuck Ocon too. No penalty, when we've seen multiple penalties for moves that weren't as bad in the same scenario. Alonso had to stop for a wing and still beat the priuck by 2 positions ... so I guess there's a little bit of justice there.

1 hour ago, Anton Chigurh said:

It was actually Alonso’s fault.

a694445dab2e999484f2be78a340c67e.jpg

Maybe so. Too bad they let Ocon get away with the earlier force-off.  I would only fault Alonso on the straightaway incident for just not realizing he needed to leave more room between him and Ocon than he would with a normal F1 driver.

2 hours ago, dieucla98 said:

Love or hate the concept, that was a fun race to watch. So much action.

Yep. Now relax the Parc Ferme rules so teams can set up for Qualifying in FP1 and set up for the Sprint and the GP in FP2, then just take away the GP grid-setting aspect of the Sprint, and you've got something worthwhile. You have a better weekend imho, with meaningful sessions every day.

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

Just finished the qualy and sprint sessions. Stroll is an absolute menace.

Yep. And as long as they keep slapping him on the wrist, he's gonna keep being a menace until he straight up murders someone on the track. Jacques was right. Lance needs a big time out. Look at his comments after the Austin incident. He clearly has no idea why what he's doing is wrong, or how dangerous it is. Eddie Irvine got a 3-race ban for an incident that wasn't as bad as either of these incidents.

• Rage+1 1