Formula 1 2022

Anton Chigurh

Geez, I didn’t know it was like that. I know all teams don’t work but you really can’t help a guy that has helped you hundreds of times…that goes for like 3-4 guys. That was eye opening to say the least. Max was definitely going above the team…what’s the power move now? “Team discipline” right?

25 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Dumb question amnesty time: what would those points have meant to Perez?

After today's race, Perez is currently tied for 2nd place in the championship standings with Leclerc. Had Verstappen let him pass, he would have been up 2 points with one race remaining. Finishing 2nd outright would be huge for Checo individually and Red Bull as a whole, and obviously 2 points mean exactly jack shit to Max.

They gave Max a shot to catch Leclerc and steal some points that way, with the understanding that he would let Checo back through if he couldn't reach Chuck. Massive dick move.

Edited by aggie08
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

They said Max gave his reason. What was the reason?

Announcers were saying it was retribution for Perez crashing towards the end of Monaco qualifying maybe costing Verstappen a few spots on the grid. 
I was a Max fan until today. So Red Bull gets Perez to let Max pass to hopefully catch LeClerc and reduce  his points, helping Perez in the point standings. This was done with the understanding that Max would give the spot back later in the race if it didn’t work out. Then Max refuses at the end. Really a bad look. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Anton Chigurh said:

Checo calling it like it is.

https://streamja.com/5qzeg

Damn.

These dudes say a lot about each other on the track, even teammates, but I'm not sure how they walk back, "It shows who he really is." Checo has been the perfect #2 driver at every turn...and for what? Should make for a fun garage.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Announcers were saying it was retribution for Perez crashing towards the end of Monaco qualifying maybe costing Verstappen a few spots on the grid. 
I was a Max fan until today. So Red Bull gets Perez to let Max pass to hopefully catch LeClerc and reduce  his points, helping Perez in the point standings. This was done with the understanding that Max would give the spot back later in the race if it didn’t work out. Then Max refuses at the end. Really a bad look. 

That’s just stupid. As if he crashed on purpose.

24 minutes ago, Mac8111 said:

So my recording started late. I started watch lap 15 and K Mag was already out. What happened ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIC couldn't slow quickly enough and tapped him and spun him, then MAG drift d back after the spin and caught RIC rear wheel. Ended both of their races.

I want to know the reason before final judgement, but unless Checo said something bad about Max's momma, it just seems like a total dick move. Especially after "Checo is an animal!" last year. F1 drama is the best drama.

It's also hilarious to see all the Max haters flood this thread. 

The Max haters have always been here and now Max gave them another (legit) reason to crow. What did you expect?

Quite frankly, he deserves it - like Checo said, shows what kind of man he is. 

Max will happily compliment other drivers when they drive to his benefit. Like complimenting Leclerc for not fighting for position while Max dive bombs into a pass. And obviously Checo last year. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

So if I’m a driver trying to beat another driver…what do I think if I’m handed a free position without earning it?

The whole thing seems weird to me. Checo wants and prob deserves 2nd in driver standings but what does it mean if certain parts are just handed to him?

It's not a team sport, but it's not, not a team sport. Checo has been a consummate pro for 2 years. Holding up Lewis, towing Max around on a qualifying lap, letting him go by easily every single time Max is behind him, etc. The ONE chance that Max has to give him--and the team--a boost, at the cost of 2 completely irrelevant points, he blows him off.

It would be one thing if we were talking about podium positions--which is why it was kind of pathetic that Leclerc wanted Sainz to surrender 3rd--but we're talking P6 and P7.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

It sorta seems like a lot of these guys are dicks, between this and what we saw from Alpine and Ferrari today, and what we’ve seen from other teams in the past. 

The Max haters have always been here and now Max gave them another (legit) reason to crow. What did you expect?
Quite frankly, he deserves it - like Checo said, shows what kind of man he is. 
Max will happily compliment other drivers when they drive to his benefit. Like complimenting Leclerc for not fighting for position while Max dive bombs into a pass. And obviously Checo last year. 

Perez was told to give Max the spot to chase Charles or Alonso (I’m not sure who was right in front of them). If he didn’t pass them, he was to give back the spot.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Fuck Checo was the reason

Ocon and Alonso feuding this race too. Buncha whiny bitches out there.

Ocon was pushing back against the team, but I think all he was really saying was that he wanted to race Vettel first, and then let Alonso by after that. I haven't heard anything negative from Alonso's radio or after the race either. He did ask a couple of times what the plan was concerning Ocon, but he didn't try to lobby for anything. Letting him past was definitely the right call, anyway, since he was so much quicker. They maximized their points haul when they needed it most.

Oh, and re: 'Fuck Checo', apparently, according to Tom Coronel, the reason was that Checo admitted crashing intentionally in Monaco qualifying and Max hasn't forgotten it.

Edited by wood

Oh, and speaking of Alonso, just a phenomenal drive, going from P17 to P5 on a dry track. Another masterclass from Fernando, and probably one of his best drives ever, which is saying something. Incredible pace all day. I was on the edge of my seat the whole race, and am still buzzing from the adrenaline.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, aggie08 said:

It's not a team sport, but it's not, not a team sport.

It's very much a team sport, which is why only the WCC classification pays prize money. The WDC standing pays nothing and was only included (by Bernie iirc) to add drama, conflict, and spice, which it has done in spades and continues to do.

Speaking of the team sport aspect ... Nice. Ol' Nando's pretty damn strong for his size. Picking up that big boy is no joke.

• Like 1

What are y’all’s thoughts on the relationship between Lewis and George. It seems like they work well together though I’m sure it would be different if Lewis is in the hunt for his 8th and George has enough pace to win races as well. 

I think it will be similar to Bottas. Toto will let them race until one has a lead. They will also go after as many 1 - 2 as they can.
  • Hook 'Em 1