Formula 1 2022

Anton Chigurh

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

What's the white flag on the end? Judging by the others, I'm assuming it's for the NY Yankees.

Ha!  No true Texan could ever fly a Yankees flag.  

It's for Manchester United.

1 hour ago, Mittens said:

Turn in your Texan card.

Word up.

I assume Come and Take It?

Yes, actually it's the Gonzales flag.

1 hour ago, wood said:

Yep. Come and Take It, yo.

Correctamundo.

4 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Ha!  No true Texan could ever fly a Yankees flag. 

Helobious (AKA Yankee Fan in the RGV Who's Never Been to NY) does, even after completely quitting on the Yankees & talking shit about them after the Guardians tied the series 1-1. Now they're winning again, and he's right back on the bandwagon, talking shit like none of it ever happened. Dude's a fucktarded douchebag.

Ha! So looked at the landscape and the blurry signs. Thought it looked like a "40" and knew it was an interstate sign. Then I looked where I-40 ran and saw that the bottom word could be "Amarillo". Googled "Amarillo cafe sign" to see if I could find a google image. Came up with this: 

image.png.f129547ba27d08ef4b1d3e924e56a8e8.png
That told me it was in Adrian, TX. So back to Google Maps.
I should get a real job.

The alpha tauri and a tucumcari road sign? What’s next? A video of Yuki doing karaoke about needing weed, whites, and wine?! Hell yes brother, I hope so.

Also, where you guys getting them free tickets you talked about?
0c1bfef5aaa14c8e378cec14f6a0734d.jpg

Never been and I only started watching because of dts but live in SA now. I’d deal with that pain the in the ass parking/bus bullshit to do it once.

17 minutes ago, deft said:

The alpha tauri and a tucumcari road sign? What’s next? A video of Yuki doing karaoke about needing weed, whites, and wine?! Hell yes brother, I hope so.

Also, where you guys getting them free tickets you talked about?

Hsven't been offered any yet. Usually if I get any free tickets, it happens as late as Wednesday or Thursday. We'll see, but I don't care much either way. If I get any I'll give 'em to my boys.

Just set my DVR to make sure I don't miss anything this weekend.  Thought I'd share channels/times to make it a bit easier to find them.  All times CDT.

FP1 - Friday, 1:55PM, ESPN2

FP2 - Friday, 4:55PM , ESPN

FP3 - Saturday, 1:55PM, ESPN

Qualifying - Saturday, 4:55PM, ESPN

US Grand Prix - Sunday, 12:30PM, ABC (Lights out at 2:00PM, I believe)

• Hook 'Em 2

23 hours ago, wood said:

If any of y'all are looking for tickets, I just saw someone on reddit selling two 3-day seats at T9. Paid $2600 total. He's hoping to get $1200 total.

Today I saw a redditor selling T9 tickets for $440 apiece, which is less than what 3-day GA pass would cost after taxes and TM fees. Meanwhile, COTA still has tickets for sale, even Sunday reserved seats - for the race they've called a 'sellout' for months.

Couple things of note, for anyone planning on attending.

1) The infield staircases for both of the original main bridges, are now covered on all sides and roof with black netting.  Looks like they REALLY don't want people stopping on the staircases to watch the on-track activity.  But I'm cool with that, sometimes those jackwagons back up traffic flow for hundreds of yards because they just HAVE to get a peek or a photo from the bridge or stairs.  That opportunity for selfish jackassery has now been removed.  

2) The "Lone Star Land" that is on that infield island in between those two bridges, has been expanded.  The result is that the path for foot traffic from one bridge to the next, seems to be significantly narrowed.  That's probably not a big deal on Friday or even Saturday, but on Sunday I imagine it's going to become a major choke point.  I'd plan ahead and leave yourself plenty of time to cross, if you need to get from Turn3 over to the Tower/Plaza/Turn12-15 or vice versa.

• Hook 'Em 1

Ferrari/Bitdefender took Carlos to eat BBQ..................at Coopers in Austin

“I already had barbecue,” Sainz said. Where you ask? Cooper’s Old Time Pit Bar-B-Que!

“You have brisket one night and skip breakfast the next day to compensate,” he explained. “I’m an athlete and I will take care of my diet and my training but there are things you cannot skip.

https://austin.com/ferrari-driver-carlos-sainz-eats-bbq-talks-austin/

• Hook 'Em 2

17 hours ago, wood said:

New grid penalty procedure:

szk9efs0ltu91.png

42.2(a)  Classified drivers who have received 15 or less (?) cumulative grid penalties ... 

SWEET BLUE JUMPIN' BUDDHA IN A CLOWN CAR! It's not that difficult.  "Fewer" is to be used with countable nouns like ... penalties! "Less" is used for singular mass nouns .. like "less salt," "less money" etc.

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Mittens said:

Yeah this was the Dell event that I attended yesterday.  As you can see, they also brought out Coach Vick Schaeffer, Shaylee Gonzales, and Sonya Morris.  They teamed up with Zak, Danny, and Lando to do a short trivia game that was kind of amusing.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, utee94 said:

Partly cloudy and 90 degrees on race day won't be too bad.  I don't like seeing any rain chances at all but hopefully those percentages stay low. 

image.png.f6f72fbfed10ce66b11f51ec3054e399.png

a 7% chance of rain? It ain't raining. It ain't going to even think of raining. 

KXAN showing 91 on Sunday. Keeps trending warmer. And out there at COTA in the sun all day, that's rough. Would be fine if it truly is partly cloudy and there will be occasional shade. 

7 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

ta 7% chance of rain? It ain't raining. It ain't going to even think of raining. 

KXAN showing 91 on Sunday. Keeps trending warmer. And out there at COTA in the sun all day, that's rough. Would be fine if it truly is partly cloudy and there will be occasional shade. 

That's certainly true in July and August.  It's somewhat less so in October/November.

If it's partly cloudy, it'll be fine on Sunday.  Friday will actually feel warmer.

Oh, I forgot to mention in my "notes" above, around the track, they have multiple new MASSIVE tents set up.  They appear to be huge concessions booths, they have multiple queues with chains that snake through some giant tubs that are presumably for drinks, and then some long rows of tables that appear to be for food service.  No registers were present yet, so I can't tell how they plan to route payment and stuff. 

There's one on the soccer field that takes up almost the entire field, to tell you how huge these things are.  Another one at Turn3 entrance, and another one up at Turn1.

Many/most of the old food kiosks and trucks are also still present, so I think this is one of the ways they're attempting to address the food/beverage queuing problems they had last year.  Of course, if they don't have enough SUPPLIES like last year when they ran out of water and beer on Sunday (and tonic water and limes on Friday),  then it won't matter how quickly they can service customers.

Still, it appears at least some efforts are being made to address the huge crowds, within the gates of COTA.  I can't speak as to whether or not they will actually address the parking/shuttle issues that occurred outside their gates.

2 hours ago, Lidig8r said:

42.2(a)  Classified drivers who have received 15 or less (?) cumulative grid penalties ... 

SWEET BLUE JUMPIN' BUDDHA IN A CLOWN CAR! It's not that difficult.  "Fewer" is to be used with countable nouns like ... penalties! "Less" is used for singular mass nouns .. like "less salt," "less money" etc.

game-of-thrones-stannis.gif

Later ... 

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

a 7% chance of rain? It ain't raining. It ain't going to even think of raining. 

Yep. Gonna be a hot one. The only COTA race I can remember off the top of my head that was in the 90s was the WEC race they held in September. It only got up to like 93, but it was brutal because there's just no escape.

39 minutes ago, wood said:

Yep. Gonna be a hot one. The only COTA race I can remember off the top of my head that was in the 90s was the WEC race they held in September. It only got up to like 93, but it was brutal because there's just no escape.

Yup, no USGP days in the 90s.  Looked through the history and the only days for USGP that were above the very low 80s, are the following.  

USGP Year 2 Raceday Sunday, Nov 17 2013, high temp was 89 

USGP Year 6 FP3/Qual Saturday, Oct 21 2017, high temp was 88

USGP Year 9 FP1/FP2 Friday, Oct 22 2021, high temp was 86 

USGP Year 9 FP3/Qual Saturday, Oct 23 2021, high temp was 89

USGP Year 9 Raceday Sunday, Oct 24 2021, high temp was 87

(And most days of the 3-day weekends have been 60s and 70s.)

OBTW, in case anyone's still looking, I saw 3 day reserved seats this morning with an asking price of $325. These people are posting these tickets at lower and lower prices, and not getting any bites. Saw 3 day GA for $200.

The ticket market is crashing hard, which is weird for an event that's supposedly been 'sold out' for months. Of course, despite what Bobby says, it's not sold out. COTA's still selling Friday GA, Sunday GA, and Sunday Reserved Seats, just like they did for last year's 'sold out for months' race, right up until the race.

Oh, and every year Epstein telegraphs what he's gonna claim, prior to the race. I guarantee it's gonna be 450K+ this year. He also says that'll be the biggest GP weekend attendance ever, which isn't true. The 400K last year (even if we believe that number) wasn't the biggest in F1 history. 450K this year wouldn't be the biggest either. The Indy USGP in 2000 had 228K on race day and near 500K for the weekend. Adelaide 1994 was also in that ballpark too. Even after 9/11, Indy was pulling more than 400K for the weekend. But Bobby gonna Bobby. Gotta keep that State money flowing in - $300,000,000 so far. A number that will grow to about half a Billion $$$ by 2026.

5 minutes ago, kevwun said:

That might be the most normal Lewis outfit in a couple years.

Yeah he looked relatively tame at the Bronco's game, too. I kept hoping we'd see him don the pads and go knock some heads together on the gridiron.

Lewis looks tiny standing next to me, and I'm only 6' tall. Imagine how he looked out there with those gigantors.

8 minutes ago, wood said:

OBTW, in case anyone's still looking, I saw 3 day reserved seats this morning with an asking price of $325. These people are posting these tickets at lower and lower prices, and not getting any bites. Saw 3 day GA for $200.

The ticket market is crashing hard, which is weird for an event that's supposedly been 'sold out' for months. Of course, despite what Bobby says, it's not sold out. COTA's still selling Friday GA, Sunday GA, and Sunday Reserved Seats, just like they did for last year's 'sold out for months' race, right up until the race.

Oh, and every year Epstein telegraphs what he's gonna claim, prior to the race. I guarantee it's gonna be 450K+ this year. He also says that'll be the biggest GP weekend attendance ever, which isn't true. The 400K last year (even if we believe that number) wasn't the biggest in F1 history. 450K this year wouldn't be the biggest either. The Indy USGP in 2000 had 228K on race day and near 500K for the weekend. Adelaide 1994 was also in that ballpark too. Even after 9/11, Indy was pulling more than 400K for the weekend. But Bobby gonna Bobby. Gotta keep that State money flowing in - $300,000,000 so far. A number that will grow to about half a Billion $$$ by 2026.

Check that. Can't edit ... 3 Day Reserved going for about $250 on Stubhub.

6 hours ago, Lidig8r said:

Yeah that one's annoying.

Also, the words "media" and data" are plural, but most people use them in the singular.

"The data ARE telling us that Lewis Hamilton is a whiney titty-baby."  

"The mainstream media ARE responsible for a lot of misinformation ."

And yes, I realize that modern usage has turned some of these traditionally plural words into collective nouns.  To that, I reply-- "Irregardless" has also made it into the dictionary.  Is everyone ok with THAT? :)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1