Formula 1 2022

Anton Chigurh

I can understand why DannyRic didn't want to drive for Haas, but that seems like it was probably his last, best shot to stay in the sport as anything other than a reserve driver.  I can't believe he'll be off the grid next year and it saddens me, but I also can't believe how just incredibly awful he was through much of this past season.  It sucks all the way around.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ConferenceRoom said:

2lnx0j0vvh0a1.jpg?width=496&auto=webp&s=

What a shambolic statement. Max was informed early in the lap of the situation and Max's family is pouring gasoline on the fire on social media, yet here's Red Bull browbeating from a high horse. Fuck Red Bull, forever and always. 

As if there was any doubt who is in charge over there, that statement made it abundantly clear. 

17 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

As if there was any doubt who is in charge over there, that statement made it abundantly clear. 

i mean, to be fair putting your thumb on the scale in favor of your 2 time WDC champ is probably the way that 10/10 teams would go in that situation.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ConferenceRoom said:

2lnx0j0vvh0a1.jpg?width=496&auto=webp&s=

What a shambolic statement. Max was informed early in the lap of the situation and Max's family is pouring gasoline on the fire on social media, yet here's Red Bull browbeating from a high horse. Fuck Red Bull, forever and always. 

Lol. Yeah, this is some BS. I re-watched Max's driver's cam. He was told multiple times. 

And his response wasn't "What? Why? I don't understand." as it would be if he didn't have all the information. It was "I already told you and you know exactly my reasons."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

Yeah, Max owns that team. Maybe 2-3 other drivers on the grid that could possibly drive that car to a championship? We know Checo can't do it. They ain't going to put Max in a corner.

1 hour ago, NoName said:

i mean, to be fair putting your thumb on the scale in favor of your 2 time WDC champ is probably the way that 10/10 teams would go in that situation.

Yep. And some of y'all have probably already seen this, but for those who haven't, apparently this didn't start with Perez's suspicious spin in Monaco. Apparently it's just left over from Mexico, where the team talked with Max before the race about moving over for Checo if it looked like Checo had a shot at the win. Max didn't want to do it, saying that whomever is quickest should win out. Apparently that's what he was referring to on the radio in Brazil when he said they had already talked about this. 

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1

Seb grew on me over the years.  I didn't like him at all in his RBR days, and I didn't like having to root for him at Ferrari.  

But he eventually grew up a bit, and turned into a semi-likeable guy. I'm finding that I'll actually miss having him on the grid.

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, wood said:

Yep. And some of y'all have probably already seen this, but for those who haven't, apparently this didn't start with Perez's suspicious spin in Monaco. Apparently it's just left over from Mexico, where the team talked with Max before the race about moving over for Checo if it looked like Checo had a shot at the win. Max didn't want to do it, saying that whomever is quickest should win out. Apparently that's what he was referring to on the radio in Brazil when he said they had already talked about this. 

Even if that's the case, there's a big difference between moving over for the win in Mexico and letting the teammate pass you for 6th and then not giving up the spot when you're already the WDC.

3 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Even if that's the case, there's a big difference between moving over for the win in Mexico and letting the teammate pass you for 6th and then not giving up the spot when you're already the WDC.

Oh, I'm not defending it. I don't really care one way or the other. I'm just putting it out there that that's what may be the real issue - not Monaco. Whether we agree with it or not, I'd say it's a much more believable explanation and at least a defensible position for Max.

4 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

If any of this is true, it gives Checo the right to never move over for Max again (like he did in this same race). 

“The quicker car should be in front” should be his reply. “We’ve already discussed this”

Fuck team orders.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, ChickenSandwich said:

If any of this is true, it gives Checo the right to never move over for Max again (like he did in this same race). 

“The quicker car should be in front” should be his reply. “We’ve already discussed this”

Fuck team orders.

Thoroughly agree with this.  

Plus... DRAMA!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, utee94 said:

I can understand why DannyRic didn't want to drive for Haas, but that seems like it was probably his last, best shot to stay in the sport as anything other than a reserve driver.  I can't believe he'll be off the grid next year and it saddens me, but I also can't believe how just incredibly awful he was through much of this past season.  It sucks all the way around.

Yeah, the odds of him getting another seat that isn't Haas/Williams are slim, for sure.  Would have liked to see him stay on the grid.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, wood said:

So we can infer from this that Check will never be asked to move aside for Max in the future, right?  I mean, if you're faster then be faster.

Max is such a chode.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, wood said:

Oh, I'm not defending it. I don't really care one way or the other. I'm just putting it out there that that's what may be the real issue - not Monaco. Whether we agree with it or not, I'd say it's a much more believable explanation and at least a defensible position for Max.

It's not really even defensible in that light, though.  Checo let Max through in Brazil with the understanding that if he couldn't catch Alonso that they would swap back, and then when asked to swap back, Max threw his fit.  Max is just a bitch.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Goofyboy said:

Checo will do what he’s told or they will remove him for someone else. That said - I’m not sure who would want to drive there.

Same could be said-- and has been said -- of being the #2 behind Lewis.  

But things are just fine as long as you play the part of a good wingman.  Until they aren't.

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 1

They actually went to Hakkasan and not the Salt Bae restaurant. Some guy in twitter just tried to assume things after Salt Bae posted this receipt at around the same time. Hakkasan isn’t as high end but is a Michelin star restaurant.

Was I fooled by the interwebs? That receipt is not from these guys. My apologies if that is the case.

1 hour ago, texas08 said:

Max in the very back. Cornered like a punk little bully that the entire school yard doesn’t like.

Just like *checks picture* Zhou, Alonso, Mick, Seb (the guest of honor), Leclerc, Ocon, and Latifi. 

I legit did not know who the hell Bottas was until process of elimination. The 'stache and the lighting makes him look completely different.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Just like *checks picture* Zhou, Alonso, Mick, Seb (the guest of honor), Leclerc, Ocon, and Latifi. 

I don't see it that way.  There are only 3 people whose faces are partially obscured: Danny, Chuck, and Max.  Danny is smiling huge and cutting up, Chuck happens to be behind Danny who appears to be moving his head around while cutting up, and then there's the little weasel-faced Max, hiding in the back.

Or... being deliberately hidden, in the back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, utee94 said:

I don't see it that way.  There are only 3 people whose faces are partially obscured: Danny, Chuck, and Max.  Danny is smiling huge and cutting up, Chuck happens to be behind Danny who appears to be moving his head around while cutting up, and then there's the little weasel-faced Max, hiding in the back.

Or... being deliberately hidden, in the back.

you are letting your max hatred color your opinion here. if he is over literally 2" his whole face is seen.

do you also think there is more to be seen about the fact that Albon, Yuki and Checo are looking away from the camera? or that Zhou is in the super shadow because he is secretly an f1 version of batman? do you think Lewis got hair implants because he is wearing a hat? what about the clear feud with Botas ans Stroll, he literally is as far away from him as he can be while still touching him. if Daniel had his face where it is supposed to be, he would cover everything below Charles nose. what about the fact that Ocon appears to be photoshopped in since the lighting is weird. do you think Botas, Yuki and Checo split the check three ways since they all 3 have what appear to be holding guest check presenters?

come on, man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I legit did not know who the hell Bottas was until process of elimination. The 'stache and the lighting makes him look completely different.

Bottas looks like my Grandpa.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I hope there is so much teammate drama next year. This "everyone go to dinner and sing kumbaya" is old.

Magnussen | Hulk
Gasly | Ocon

Alonso | Stroll
Max | Checo
Lewis | Russell

There's potential...

I don't foresee as much conflict between Alonso and Stroll as there was between Alonso and Ocon, because I don't believe Stroll is as quick as Ocon, so they won't be as close on the grid and in races as Ocon and Alonso were. But when you're passing that asshat on a straight, you better be careful. IMHO the biggest potential for fireworks is betweent the guys in bold type. And of course between Max and Lewis.

Edited by wood

2 hours ago, NoName said:

you are letting your max hatred color your opinion here. if he is over literally 2" his whole face is seen.

do you also think there is more to be seen about the fact that Albon, Yuki and Checo are looking away from the camera? or that Zhou is in the super shadow because he is secretly an f1 version of batman? do you think Lewis got hair implants because he is wearing a hat? what about the clear feud with Botas ans Stroll, he literally is as far away from him as he can be while still touching him. if Daniel had his face where it is supposed to be, he would cover everything below Charles nose. what about the fact that Ocon appears to be photoshopped in since the lighting is weird. do you think Botas, Yuki and Checo split the check three ways since they all 3 have what appear to be holding guest check presenters?

come on, man.

Ha!

But I do feel I have to take exception to your assertion that I harbor some specific Max Hatred.  I can assure you that I don't hate Max any more or any less than I hate ALL of you people's favorite drivers and teams-- unless they're Ferrari, DannyRic, or Fred. 

Now back to your regularly scheduled unnecessary pictorial analysis.

• Haha 1