Formula 1 2022

Anton Chigurh

Hell yes, that was great qualifying. I have no idea what to expect tomorrow. How amazing would it be if there could be six different cars that could win any given weekend.

44 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Much respect for Russell. On the radio he’s all business, letting the team know exactly what’s good / bad about the car. Rarely hear him just bitching like Max or Lewis. 

Lulz. What?

1 hour ago, Superhero said:

Much respect for Russell. On the radio he’s all business, letting the team know exactly what’s good / bad about the car. Rarely hear him just bitching like Max or Lewis. 

Lmao what? He bitched for laps on end just last race on a dive bomb by him that probably should’ve gotten him a penalty. If Checo didn’t bail, they would’ve crashed and it would’ve been Russell’s fault, just like Ocon.

Don’t fall for his fake PR bullshit comments. They don’t call him PR 66 for nothing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, kevwun said:

He can whine with the best of them when the mood strikes.  He did it for several laps after he ran Checo off the track the other week.

True. I guess I’m thinking more about FP. He’s technical, whereas Lewis and Max will just say this car is undriveable. 

13 minutes ago, Superhero said:

True. I guess I’m thinking more about FP. He’s technical, whereas Lewis and Max will just say this car is undriveable. 

GR does come across as more technical in his feedback, but I think the reason you rarely hear him bitching is because his audio isn't featured much during broadcasts. Right now LeClerc and Max... with occasional Sainz... are eating up the airtime. 

But they all seem to complain, it's just how they do it. I can't stand Hamilton's breathless whininess. Lando has a good bit of that too. I guess I identify more with Max's style of being pissed off/frustrated when things don't go his way, so it doesn't bother me. Max and Lewis could likely say the exact same words and it wouldn't sound whiny from Max just given his tone.

LeClerc is just all over the place when he is upset, so it's fun to hear his stuff actually. Primal scream last race, "I am so stupid," general bewilderment at his pit wall. Never know what you're going to get.

Ric is the only one that I know of who doesn't complain. His reply to everything is just "understood" when in the car. Sainz also doesn't seem to complain much. Sure I left some others out.

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

Lmao what? He bitched for laps on end just last race on a dive bomb by him that probably should’ve gotten him a penalty. If Checo didn’t bail, they would’ve crashed and it would’ve been Russell’s fault, just like Ocon.

Don’t fall for his fake PR bullshit comments. They don’t call him PR 66 for nothing. 

I want to know who the fuck told him that "front wheel to rear wheel" means that you're ahead when you're attacking. He has bitching about that repeatedly. His engineer and Toto were doing their best to not just say, "Uh, what the fuck are you talking about, dude?"

I want to know who the fuck told him that "front wheel to rear wheel" means that you're ahead when you're attacking. He has bitching about that repeatedly. His engineer and Toto were doing their best to not just say, "Uh, what the fuck are you talking about, dude?"

It is how the overtaking regulations from earlier in the season are written. He was trying to play to that.

Most people would agree that it wasn’t a reasonable overtake attempt, but I see what he was trying to do.

6 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

It’s not gonna be Ferrari.

Leclerc wins this by 10+ seconds easy if they baby the mediums for a few more laps out in front, then stop once for softs.

Unreal. So so dumb. The Alpines conclusively proved that hards don't work by that point.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Leclerc wins this by 10+ seconds easy if they baby the mediums for a few more laps out in front, then stop once for softs.

Unreal. So so dumb. The Alpines conclusively proved that hards don't work by that point.

Not sure about that. Ferrari has been horrible on the softs, but Leclerc would at least be on the podium instead of in 6th. 

nobody could ever win a title with this Ferrari strategy team.