Formula 1 2022

Anton Chigurh

So starting from the back and winning by 20 seconds. It seems like the new cars didn’t make a shit.

Not sure you can make that conclusion on one race at Spa of all places. The racing has been fantastic throughout the field all season. Today Max started 14(? Can’t remember), had a good start, and then had a safety car to help. The Red Bull is always going to be good around Spa and on top of that Max is the best driver in Formula 1.
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Although I didn’t agree with Hamilton’s blind spot defense. 

If Hamilton was looking at the next corner (as he should), Latifi would be in the blind spot... HOWEVER Hamilton knew Latifi was there. Hamilton just screwed up.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RPM said:

LOL LeClerc with a 5 second penalty for pit road speeding.

Ferrari can't get off their own throat... 

Messieurs, both cars are going to finally finish top 5, so let us give up 2 points trying to gain 1 point with only one lap to go. Plan D,U,M,B.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Although I didn’t agree with Hamilton’s blind spot defense. 

Well once he came up from behind, he was in the blind spot. Hamilton just assumed he disappeared and cut strait into him lol.

Crazy move from such a talented driver.

Max was absolutely unstoppable, can't believe how fast he climbed back into the top. Ferrari seemed to be in survival mode I don't understand their car problems.

5 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Well once he came up from behind, he was in the blind spot. Hamilton just assumed he disappeared and cut strait into him lol.

Crazy move from such a talented driver.

Max was absolutely unstoppable, can't believe how fast he climbed back into the top. Ferrari seemed to be in survival mode I don't understand their car problems.

I get it. It just didn’t seem like Hamilton was that far in front to cut right like he did. Not a good mistake 

• Hook 'Em 1

Pretty funny how we were talking about Lewis never making mistakes and always finishing the week of a race where he causes a crash and can’t finish. Lewis is one of the best of all time, but a lot of his ability to finish has been Merc engine reliability and having the fastest car for like 7 straight years. Any driver who is regularly in the traffic will have DNFs, whether or not it’s their fault. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

i started laughing hard when fred passed charles under DRS.  and then the :chefskiss: of not getting fastest lap (6 tenths down on fresh reds and no fuel) and a speeding penalty to lose the place he had nailed up.  ferrari just keeping it 💯

that had to be the most boring race won by the guy starting 14th in the history of racing

4 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

Hamilton handled interview like champ. Didn’t let them even ask about Alonzo.

hearing it live i thought he sounded out of it, like in a brain fog.  then a bit later they mentioned he didn't go into the medical center as required afterward. wonder if he's concussed.

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 2

I think he mainly sounded sad.  He fucked up and knew it.  His head didn't move much judging by the helmet cam.

Checo passed Leclerc today and is in 2nd now.  Red Bull is gonna get a clean sweep this year.

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

I think he mainly sounded sad.  He fucked up and knew it.  His head didn't move much judging by the helmet cam.

Checo passed Leclerc today and is in 2nd now.  Red Bull is gonna get a clean sweep this year.

Gross.

Anyway, yeah, that's one of the worst Lewis mistakes I can ever recall.  Just zero room for doubt, and zero reason to do it at that point in the race.

Alonso's radio comment was absolutely scathing, considering his usual temperament.   He was pissed and he should have been.

Edited by utee94

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

that had to be the most boring race won by the guy starting 14th in the history of racing

Yeah I pretty much saw this coming. I watched the first few laps then a few of the last.

Lewis going all Dukes of Hazzard was about the only entertainment on tap today

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

MCL did Lando and Danny no favors on strategy today. Buried both in the same DRS train and walked their drivers backwards 

McLaren patronizes the Ferrari school of strategy.  They haven't quite mastered it but they're well on their way.

• Like 1