Be sure to drink your Ovaltine. Ovaltine?

South Austin

On 12/25/2021 at 10:19 AM, South Austin said:

It was one of the best scenes in the movie, right as Ralphie had resigned himself to the fact that he wasn’t getting the Christmas present of his dreams, and was putting on a good face about it.

Yes, it was.

My other favorite is the look on dad's face as he's driving the car and they're singing.  Poor guy was just beaten to death.

• Rage+1 1

I assume this new one is going to be set in 1983 when the first one came out. I mean after all Ralphie was telling the story about Christmas 1940 (or so) and now we're going to see Ralphie and others when they're about 40 years older than the first movie.

Edited by Huckleberry

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I assume this new one is going to be set in 1983 when the first one came out. I mean after all Ralphie was telling the story about Christmas 1940 (or so) and now we're going to see Ralphie and others when they're about 40 years older than the first movie.

Impressed that they’ve got so many of the original cast together, and assuming it’s in the 80s as well, based on the car/houses.

I like Santa.

Lotta great lines in that movie but the one above is another one our family uses.

The book  upon which the screenplay is loosely based--In God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash by Jean Shepard I remember reading from our library  when they had a display "You've Seen The Movie, Now Read The Book."  It's been so long ago that I cannot remember but I think the book was sliiightly more adult themed than the movie, but not sure. I just recall how funny it was. When I went to look up the exact title just now, the entry says it's based on his popular radio series.