Celebrity Death Pool - 2022

Wally Fairway

David McCullough's writing is fantastic. I've read his books on the Brooklyn Bridge, Panama Canal, 1776, and the Johnstown Flood. All are great reads.

And another one this morning: Lamont Dozier might not be a well-known name, but without him writing songs Motown Records flat out doesn't exist.

Edited by GopherRock
  • Hook 'Em 7

1 hour ago, GopherRock said:

David McCullough's writing is fantastic. I've read his books on the Brooklyn Bridge, Panama Canal, 1776, and the Johnstown Flood. All are great reads.

And another one this morning: Lamont Dozier might not be a well-known name, but without him writing songs Motown Records flat out doesn't exist.

That one hurts a lot.  Holland-Dozier-Holland wrote a huge chunk of the soundtrack for my early and middle childhood.  I have almost all of the songs listed in that tweet in my music files on my tablet and desktop.  I am happy to have been blessed to live at the right time to hear his awesome music, but his passing sucks.

• Hook 'Em 3

Damn…what some great songs on that list

On 8/12/2022 at 1:16 PM, Surly Bevo said:

Hearing Anne Heche is on the board.

From Wiki

Mental health problems

Following her separation with Degeneres in August 2000, Heche drove from Los Angeles to Cantua Creek in a Toyota SUV.[101] She was wearing only a bra and shorts at the time, parked the car, and walked 1+12 miles (2.4 km), before reaching a ranch house.[101] The homeowner, Araceli Campiz, who had seen Heche in a movie, recognized her and let her in.[101] After drinking a significant amount of water, Heche "took off her Nikes and said she needed to take a shower."[101] Campiz assumed that Heche was not under the influence of alcohol or drugs, but Heche later revealed that she had taken ecstasy.[8] After taking a shower, Heche entered the living room, asked for a pair of slippers, and suggested that they should watch a movie.[101] After half an hour, Campiz contacted the Fresno County sheriff's department.[101] Heche later told the deputies that she was "God, and was going to take everyone back to heaven in a spaceship." She was then taken by ambulance to Fresno's University Medical Center and admitted to the psychiatric unit, but was released within a few hours.[101]

Heche stated she was "insane" for the first 31 years of her life, and that this was triggered by being sexually abused by her father during her infancy and childhood.[102][103] In a series of nationally televised interviews with Barbara Walters, Matt Lauer, and Larry King to promote Call Me Crazy in 2001, Heche stated that she created a fantasy world called the "Fourth Dimension" to make herself feel safe, and had an alter ego who was the daughter of God and half-sister of Jesus Christ named "Celestia", who had contacts with extraterrestrial life forms.[100][104] Heche said she recovered from her mental health concerns following the incident in Cantua Creek and had put her alter ego behind her.[8]

"With Clear Eyes and Love in Your Heart" Legendary Coach Gary Gaines Passes Away

RYVPYETGNBEZHAQDHG77FM2JUY.jpg

LUBBOCK, Texas — Gary Gaines, coach of the Texas high school football team made famous in the book and movie “Friday Night Lights,” has died. He was 73.

Gaines’ family said in a statement the former coach died Monday in Lubbock after a long battle with Alzheimer’s disease.

Gaines made many stops in West Texas during a 30-year coaching career, but was best known for a four-year stint leading the highly successful program at Odessa Permian. Gaines returned to Permian later in his career.

His 1988 team was chronicled in Buzz Bissinger’s bestselling book, which portrayed a program and school that favored football over academics and attributed racist comments to assistant coaches.

Gaines, who was played by Billy Bob Thornton in the 2004 movie, said he never read the book and felt betrayed by Bissinger after the author spent the entire 1988 season with the team.

The book, which portrayed Gaines as a compassionate coach caught in the win-at-all-costs culture of a high school program in football-crazed Texas, also was turned into a TV series.

On 12/26/2021 at 10:51 PM, Stella Link said:

Mikhail Gorbachev - 90

Bobby Brown - 52

Shia LaBeouf - 35

Peter Max - 84

Quincy Jones - 88

Johnny Depp - 58

Willie Nelson - 88 (sorry)

Baba Wawa - 92

Kim Jong-un (37)

Brigitte Bardot (87)

Number 1 on my list.  So, what do I win??