Celebrity Death Pool - 2022

Wally Fairway

Fuck Cancer.

https://texassports.com/news/2022/10/3/womens-basketball-texas-womens-basketball-mourns-the-passing-of-tiffany-jackson.aspx

AUSTIN, Texas — The University of Texas Women's Basketball program is mourning the loss of Longhorn legend and former Texas Women's Basketball All-American Tiffany Jackson, who passed away on Monday from cancer. She was 37-years old. 

Jackson had a decorated career at The University of Texas from 2003-07 under Hall of Fame coach Jody Conradt. She played in 123 career games with 103 starts. The Longhorns compiled an 83-43 record during her playing days, including her freshman season [2003-04] on the school's 30-5 team that advanced to the NCAA Sweet 16 and finished with a No. 4 final ranking in the Associated Press Poll. In her rookie campaign, Jackson was named the National Freshman of the Year by the U.S. Basketball Writers Association and ESPN.com. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Angela Lansbury today 

49 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Cabot Cove residents deadlocking their doors tonight.

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Died of natural causes, she wrote.

There is a Youtuber who dissects the Murder, She Wrote shows, and it’s hilarious.  I had to sit through them as a kid, but kind of appreciate them as an adult

and 80s kids will rejoice

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Angela Landsbury was only 58 when she started Murder She Wrote?  WTF?  That's barely older than Elizabeth Hurley is right now.

You know, a reboot of Murder She Wrote with Elizabeth Hurley would be something I might watch.  Especially if it was on Showtime or HBO Max and Elizabeth Hurley did a lot scenes with minimal or no wardrobe.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

14 hours ago, ScottS said:

You know, a reboot of Murder She Wrote with Elizabeth Hurley would be something I might watch.  Especially if it was on Showtime or HBO Max and Elizabeth Hurley did a lot scenes with minimal or no wardrobe.

The Red Shoes Diaries edition.

• Drool 1

Two things that always skewed my sense of her age.  

1.  She played Laurence Harvey's mother (brilliantly, I might add) in "The Manchurian Candidate."  She was 37 at the time.  Hollywood takes liberties with age exaggeration, I get it.  Trouble is Harvey was just 3 years younger than her in real life.  

2.  Pete Holmes' fault.  Skip to 1:40 mark...

RIP Queen of Hearts...

On 10/14/2022 at 12:19 PM, RPM said:

Damn. Never followed the HP thing, but he was gold in several films before that.

On 10/14/2022 at 12:22 PM, Brisketexan said:

Bummer, I liked RP well before the HP films, and he was great in those as well.  72 ain't young, but it ain't super old either.

• Hook 'Em 1

Shit, I just learned this morning that Bruce Sutter died last week.  Hated him on the Cardinals as a Cubs fan (didn't realize until I was older that he was a Cub before I was born).  but he was a good sport and appeared in the Sandberg Game documentary during Covid and cool as fuck.  RIP, Bruce.  

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Shit, I just learned this morning that Bruce Sutter died last week.  Hated him on the Cardinals as a Cubs fan (didn't realize until I was older that he was a Cub before I was born).  but he was a good sport and appeared in the Sandberg Game documentary during Covid and cool as fuck.  RIP, Bruce.  

Dang.   I didn't realize he had passed either.  The fact that is took him 13 ballots to get into the HOF is criminal.

• Like 1

And to add on about Sutter:

I assume, because baseball writers are a bunch of knuckleheads, they held it against him that Saves as a stat was not seen as a big deal when Sutter was getting started.   But his career ERA is still pretty good when compared to peers and his IP is really, really high comparative to other closers in the HOF.   They did the same thing to peers of his time Goose Gossage and Lee Smith but oddly not Rollie Fingers.

Don't get me started on Gossage.  Most undeserving Hall member IMO.  Piddled around an extra seven years as a glorified setup man so he could get to 300 saves.  Although fun fact---Gossage is one of only 3 MLB pitchers to have pitched at least 15 complete games and compiled over 200 saves.  And yes, if he dies this week...I'll feel bad about this post.  Meantime, RIP Sutter.  

Edited by YGIFS

44 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Don't get me started on Gossage.  Most undeserving Hall member IMO.  Piddled around an extra seven years as a glorified setup man so he could get to 300 saves.  Although fun fact---Gossage is one of only 3 MLB pitchers to have pitched at least 15 complete games and compiled over 200 saves.  And yes, if he dies this week...I'll feel bad about this post.  Meantime, RIP Sutter.  

Not to quibble to much but in Goose's last 7 seasons, he only had 7 saves.    He hit 300 before that when he had like 13 or something.   

88-94 seasons.  7 seasons.  21 saves.  Starts 1988 with 289 and is a scrub for 7 seasons, finishing with 310 saves.  I was at Wrigley for his 300th.  And I still don't think he deserved Cooperstown.  don't get wrong, he was the best in the business from '75 to '85 .