Celebrity Death Pool - 2022

Wally Fairway

Popular rapper Takeout took a stray.  Give him props for keepin' it real.  Biggie and Tupac are proud.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/01/entertainment/takeoff-migos-dead/index.html

Takeoff, who was one-third of the platinum-selling rap group Migos, was shot and killed early Tuesday in Houston, Texas, a source close to the group confirmed to CNN. He was 28.

Police received a call of a shooting in progress around 2:34 p.m. local time, Houston Police Department Chief Troy Finner said at a news conference Tuesday. Officers arrived to the 810 Billiards & Bowling Houston where there was a private party and found a dead man at the scene.

Tributes have begun pouring in for late rapper Takeoff, seen here at the 107.9 Birthday Bash 25 at Georgia State University on July 17, 2021 in Atlanta, Georgia.
Ja Rule, Keke Palmer and more stars pay tribute to Takeoff
Two other people – a 23-year-old man and 24-year-old woman – were also injured in the shooting and took themselves to the hospital with nonlife-threatening injuries, said Sgt. Michael Arrington with police department’s homicide division.

9 hours ago, Pancho said:

or someone from Florida Georgia Line died, I’d probably google them then move on about my business

47 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Seriously, he shouldn't go tossing all white people in the "we know who the players in bro country are" pile.  Backhanded reference to white folks knowing the specifics about bro country....

Would it be bad if I celebrated any members of FGL being taken out?

Who Knows Yes GIF by Bounce

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Horn_Spanker said:

Reading that she had COVID a couple weeks ago.  Probably stressed the heart?

I would think clotting issue.

A quick google search:

Researchers found that the first week after a COVID-19 diagnosis, the risk of an arterial blood clot – the kind that could cause a heart attack or ischemic stroke by blocking blood flow to the heart or brain – was nearly 22 times higher than in someone without COVID-19.Sep 19, 2022

Edited by Bevo

He was an awesome weapon. Madden says he was the only number 1 pick he was involved with where there was no discussion. Punter in the first round.

Best I ever saw. Had a 93 yard punt at Southern Miss. in the air. He could punt a ball with control like a pitcher; it wasn’t just distance. He could punt like a curve ball or fade it like a golf ball. He could have been a QB in college. He was also a place kicker. Great baseball player too; was drafted by the Reds.

For those San Antonio folks, Lucky the elephant has died.  Euthanized at 62. 

I've always liked elephants.  I got to ride Lucky when I was a kid, when they still allowed that.  This makes me sadder than the deaths of some people I know.

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2022/11/03/san-antonio-zoo-elephant-lucky-dies-at-62/

https://res.cloudinary.com/graham-media-group/image/upload/f_auto/q_auto/c_scale,w_900/v1/media/gmg/XSWA2NOLZNE4PEM6QODBDUOBPY.jpeg?_a=ATO2BAA0

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

They must have stopped allowing rides by the time I started binging my kids 20 some years ago, because we would have been all over that.    A happy place indeed. Pretty sure we had a number of these:

VTG-Mold-A-Rama-Elephant-Field-Museum-Ch

They smelled weird and I almost always lost them within a day or two but there was no FUCKING way I was leaving the zoo without one of those things. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, miguelito said:

I've always liked elephants.  I got to ride Lucky when I was a kid, when they still allowed that.  This makes me sadder than the deaths of some people I know.

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2022/11/03/san-antonio-zoo-elephant-lucky-dies-at-62/

https://res.cloudinary.com/graham-media-group/image/upload/f_auto/q_auto/c_scale,w_900/v1/media/gmg/XSWA2NOLZNE4PEM6QODBDUOBPY.jpeg?_a=ATO2BAA0

Sorry for your loss, sincerely. 

On a related note, not sure if the Houston zoo ever allowed elephant rides, but one of my earliest memories is riding a Galapagos turtle. Not sure when those namby pamby PC wussed cratered to PETA and banned the turtle rides, but my kids never got to do it.

One thing they do allow now that they did not back in the day: by special request, you can go up on a platform and hand feed the giraffes at eye level.

Highly recommend you take the kids and do it if you can at your local zoo. Borrow someone else’s kids if necessary. It’s a very soothing experience 

Edited by MaybeACoordinator
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

On a related note, not sure if the Houston zoo ever allowed elephant rides, but one of my earliest memories is riding a Galapagos turtle. Not sure when those namby pamby PC wussed cratered to PETA and banned the turtle rides, but my kids never got to do it.

Oh, you can still ride them, but you just have to be really determined.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

That sucks. Surely I rode on him as a kid. For several years running I insisted on going to SA Zoo for my birthday. One of my happy places, even now. RIP big dude. 

I’m assuming I rode Lucky as well, no idea if it was someone else but those wax statues were the peak experience for me at the SA zoo.
  • Like 1

On 11/4/2022 at 8:59 AM, miguelito said:

I take my youngest there all the time and grew up going there myself. I don't think we got to ride elephants back in the mid 80s, but I do recall riding some camels I think, near where the new Kiddie Park is.

I noticed last week that I hadn't seen the third elephant in a while. Now this. And the article says they are shipping the lone survivor off to be with other elephants, then converting the space to give the giraffes and zebras more room to roam.

On the bright side, they did add some big ass tortoises to the mix across from where they keep the different crocodile adjacent lizards.

On 11/1/2022 at 4:37 PM, AUS-97HORN said:

And sounds like the bottle got him. 

Adam Zimmer, a former Vikings defensive coordinator when his father was head coach, had an eye injury when he was found dead on his couch by police, who had information that he possibly had been drinking excessively, according to a recent court filing.

The 38-year-old Zimmer's body was located in his townhouse on the afternoon of Oct. 31 by police, who were there on a request for a welfare check at his home in the 2500 block of Condon Court.

The Hennepin County Medical Examiner's Office has yet to disclose a cause or manner for the death, and Police Capt. Wayne Wegener said there is no suspicion of foul play.

However, a search warrant affidavit filed in Dakota County District Court last week said officers were called to Zimmer's home after receiving reports he "had passed out from drinking."

Officers arrived to find Zimmer seated on a couch, and he "appeared to have bruising or blood pooling around his eye."

The filing, which was asking for court permission to search the home, added that a woman would be there when police arrived. The filing did not identify the woman or explain her relationship to Zimmer, if any.

At the time of his death, Adam Zimmer was living in the Twin Cities suburb and working remotely as an offensive analyst for the Cincinnati Bengals.

Mike Zimmer coached the Vikings from 2014 until he and most of his staff, including Adam Zimmer, were dismissed after the 2021 season.

• Hook 'Em 1