Celebrity Death Pool - 2022

Wally Fairway

1 hour ago, Macanudo said:

QE II wont get you a lot of points but the significance worldwide is pretty big.

Maybe there should be a famous factor, like you get 1x the points for each full screen their bio has on wiki.
FWIW I just looked and the Queen has 11 full scheens so 11x the points, 
food for thought for a thread to be started in December.....hmmmmm

Is he really going to be buried at Texas State Cemetery?  I mean, public service aside in the government sector...didn't he cover up gang rapes at Baylor and defend Jeffrey Epstein for pedophilia?  In lieu of water cannon tributes, funeral procession observers are encouraged to piss on the motorcade?

Maury Wills, base-stealing shortstop for Dodgers, dies at 89

Wills played on World Series title teams in 1959, ’63 and ’65 during his first eight seasons with the Dodgers. He also played for Pittsburgh and Montreal before returning to the Dodgers from 1969-72, when he retired.

During his 14-year career, Wills batted .281 with 2,134 hits and 586 stolen bases in 1,942 games.

Wills broke Ty Cobb’s single-season record for stolen bases with his 97th swipe on Sept. 23, 1962. That season he became the first player to steal more than 100 bases.

• Hook 'Em 2

Damn, that's crappy to hear.  One of the few non-Cubs I heard about growing up that Dad watched as a young man at Wrigley.  Didn't realize Maury didn't start playing for the Dodgers until 1960 at the age of 27.  That was old back in those days after military service ended for most pro players.  swiped almost 600 bases in just 12 full seasons.  Damn good contact hitter and fielder to boot at SS.  I'm guessing now that he's passed, a strong case will be made for him to take his place in the HoF via one of the committees.  RIP, Mr. Wills.  

Not sure if Ken Starr counts as a political death (or even a celebrity death)...but if he doesn't...that means the window for a 3rd major former/current world leader is still open for another week (QE 2 & Gorby).

10 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Not sure if Ken Starr counts as a political death (or even a celebrity death)...but if he doesn't...that means the window for a 3rd major former/current world leader is still open for another week (QE 2 & Gorby).

Is Abe Shinzo's death too far out to count in the 3?

Yeah, I'd say at 2.5 months, he's outside this current batch.  I tend to think of celebrity deaths coming in 3's in the U.S. as one pool, and then another separate pool being 3 deaths worldwide just in politics/monarchy/heads of state.  

and while politicians should be worth double as stated just above...and anyone who conspires to cover up mass rape or commits mass rape should be worth triple.  So Ken Starr could actually be quintuple word score.  Sandusky's gotta be coming up on cancer or a shank soon enough, right?  

On 12/30/2021 at 2:15 PM, leaf said:

Bill Cosby 84

Ghislaine Maxwell 60

Harvey Weinstein 69

Vladimir Putin 69

Travis Scott 30

Kim Jong-un 37

Henry Kissinger 98

Kris Jenner 66

Ellen DeGeneres 63

Nancy Pelosi 81

Come on Putin, you cocksucker.  Give me some points.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 9/20/2022 at 12:43 PM, RPM said:

Maury Wills, base-stealing shortstop for Dodgers, dies at 89

Wills played on World Series title teams in 1959, ’63 and ’65 during his first eight seasons with the Dodgers. He also played for Pittsburgh and Montreal before returning to the Dodgers from 1969-72, when he retired.

During his 14-year career, Wills batted .281 with 2,134 hits and 586 stolen bases in 1,942 games.

Wills broke Ty Cobb’s single-season record for stolen bases with his 97th swipe on Sept. 23, 1962. That season he became the first player to steal more than 100 bases.

Also for a time a serious coke head who even named his kid Bump 

18 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

59 is too young.

Yes it is. RIP. Damn. 

Coolio's longtime manager, Jarez, says Coolio went to the bathroom at his friend's house, but when he didn't come after a while ... the friend kept calling for him, and eventually went in and found Coolio laying on the floor.