RGBIII's Houston Happy Hour- Burnt Ends cup giveaway at Pinkertons BBQ

RGBIII

RGBIII's Houston Happy Hour- Burnt Ends cup giveaway  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Whats the best date for the HH

I gotta get these fucking cups out of my office and I don't want to ship them out if at all possible. So instead I am using it as an excuse to get drunk with some Surly idiots. Location will be at Pinkertons BBQ in Houston and on a Thursday because they will have dollar shiners. All Surly members welcome but you will be publicly shamed by all attendants into becoming a burnt ends member while there. Yall can pick the date, the 13th probably works best for me but I am open to any of the three. @immamac will host another one in Austin at some point in the near future and there will be another opportunity when we get the Burnt Ends dinner scheduled (Probably February or March). Whatever cups are left after that we will ship out. Whatever date we have picked I will be there from probably 11:30 till 6pm or so as people filter in and out. Password is Muledick

• Hook 'Em 5

• immamac pinned and featured this topic
Says more about the great bbq choices in Houston nowadays than it does about Grant

This isn’t the venue for the discussion, so my last post on y’all’s black panther party thread. But I was a early and enthusiastic supporter of Pinkerton’s. Even met up with a bunch of shagsters who wanted to keep it secret so as to not upset Champ. But after a few bad meals there, my support waned. Truth is better and more consistent. J Bar M is excellent. I wish no ill will on a fellow Longhorn, but when it comes to bbq, I pull no punches.
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

This isn’t the venue for the discussion, so my last post on y’all’s black panther party thread. But I was a early and enthusiastic supporter of Pinkerton’s. Even met up with a bunch of shagsters who wanted to keep it secret so as to not upset Champ. But after a few bad meals there, my support waned. Truth is better and more consistent. J Bar M is excellent. I wish no ill will on a fellow Longhorn, but when it comes to bbq, I pull no punches.

Different strokes for different folks. I like Truth and J Bar M but Pinkertons is the goat for me. I would rank them in the Greater Houston area

-Pinkertons

-Tejas Chocolate

-Feges BBQ

-Truth

-J Bar M

-Corkscrew

-Killens

19 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

The distance between my office and either Truth or Pinkerton's is the same, and I therefore can go to whichever quickly and with zero opportunity cost by picking one or the other when I want BBQ, so I have had both a bunch. Truth is as capable of fucking up the meat as anyone, and they're almost always out of some of their better sausage by 12 or later. The only reason I go there at this point is if I'm also hungry for tater tot casserole and don't mind patronizing the aggies. 

• Haha 1

On 12/29/2021 at 9:34 AM, RGBIII said:

I gotta get these fucking cups out of my office and I don't want to ship them out if at all possible. So instead I am using it as an excuse to get drunk with some Surly idiots. Location will be at Pinkertons BBQ in Houston and on a Thursday because they will have dollar shiners. All Surly members welcome but you will be publicly shamed by all attendants into becoming a burnt ends member while there. Yall can pick the date, the 13th probably works best for me but I am open to any of the three. @immamac will host another one in Austin at some point in the near future and there will be another opportunity when we get the Burnt Ends dinner scheduled (Probably February or March). Whatever cups are left after that we will ship out. Whatever date we have picked I will be there from probably 11:30 till 6pm or so as people filter in and out. Password is Muledick

Wait, are you telling me I have to drive to Houston to get a cup? Damn that is an expensive mf'er.

15 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Wait, are you telling me I have to drive to Houston to get a cup? Damn that is an expensive mf'er.

Nah you can drive to Houston if you’d like, or Immamac will do one in austin, or you can get it at the burnt ends dinner or we will mail it out

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, immamac said:

We will do one in Austin and DFW 

The Port A one is going to have to be summer because it’s looking like I’m going to be out of country for a few trips most of January-May. I’m available in Costa Rica until after spring break but after that you’re going to have to catch us in Europe. Last weekend of March or first in April could possibly work for the Shorty’s party.

• Hook 'Em 1