Oh shit: New pillow guy lawsuit coming "in two weeks"

Gil Bang

3 minutes ago, squib said:

True story. Stayed with some inlaws at Christmas while doing the Tour of Texas. Got up one morning after being short a pillow all night (I had packed my own, but I sleep with at least two). Inlaw asks if I slept ok, and I said I had slept fine but wish I had brought another pillow. She says--All good Squib, follow me. Go upstairs and she opens a closet that has at least 20 pillows still in the packaging. She says: "We buy these because the owner of the company has been cancelled for his Christian beliefs. We decided to order all of these because the Libs shouldn't be able to ruin a man's business. We hate the pillows though so we just shove them in the closet." 

Narrator: "Yes, they were MyPillows."

He complains in his commercials that his business is the victim of “Cancel Culture.” Your in-laws are marks. It’s all a grift. 

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

He complains in his commercials that his business is the victim of “Cancel Culture.” Your in-laws are marks. It’s all a grift. 

I won't argue the grift isn't there but I think Lindell is truly crazy and a total believer. He's spinning the negative part of it around and is making money off of it now. But I really think that's a secondary concern of his.

8 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I won't argue the grift isn't there but I think Lindell is truly crazy and a total believer. He's spinning the negative part of it around and is making money off of it now. But I really think that's a secondary concern of his.

it's a means to an end. he's gotta keep grifting in order to keep pushing his beliefs. it's a vicious cycle and we're all the victims of it

• Hook 'Em 2

On 1/12/2022 at 10:32 AM, Gil Bang said:

Lindell is truly mentally ill.  It's time for his family to step in and get him some help.

DOJ should take of it.

31 minutes ago, squib said:

True story. Stayed with some inlaws at Christmas while doing the Tour of Texas. Got up one morning after being short a pillow all night (I had packed my own, but I sleep with at least two). Inlaw asks if I slept ok, and I said I had slept fine but wish I had brought another pillow. She says--All good Squib, follow me. Go upstairs and she opens a closet that has at least 20 pillows still in the packaging. She says: "We buy these because the owner of the company has been cancelled for his Christian beliefs. We decided to order all of these because the Libs shouldn't be able to ruin a man's business. We hate the pillows though so we just shove them in the closet." 

At last, someone I can ask, are the pillows any good? Comfortable? Short product review please?

I love the fact that some jackass decided to market shitty pillows and eventually got swept up by the Trump train, so now it's all about freedoms and whatnot.

A shitty pillow is a shitty pillow, but as we have seen, people will buy a shitty pillow to help float a Trump supporter.

35 minutes ago, C-Man said:

He’s as much of a crazy true believer as Jim Bakker or Jimmy Swaggart. 

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

1 -- He complains in his commercials that his business is the victim of “Cancel Culture.” (this is the go-to GQP/nutbar "victim play" to elicit sympathy)

2 -- Your in-laws are marks. (YEP - gullible olds, constantly in the crosshairs)

3 -- It’s all a grift.  (This should be chiseled in stone above the entrance of the Donald J. Trump Presidential Library and Public Urinal.  It is the controlling rule)

To be fair to Mike Lindell though, he made most of his money long before Trump and he ever even met.  He was just plugging along, growing his little empire, because people decided pillows were one of those things you could order to home, sleep on it, and return it if you didn't like it.  No reason to waste a half a Saturday testing them out at 5 different stores.  Obviously his new foray into politics has very much shifted his business model.

But yeah, the whole "Liberals are trying to cancel him, so we're gonna buy his pillows and linens even though we don't really prefer them" is just a weird twist on shit.  My wife's parents started buying his towels and sheets since the 2020 election for this same reason.  It seems like a strange reason to buy linens, because the owner is insane, a drug addict, and not beloved by CNN.  

Snuff films are often targeted by liberal District Attorneys who don't support Trump.  Should we buy those to show our support for the small business owner?  I mean, one of 'em literally features somebody being suffocated by a MyPillow

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

To be fair to Mike Lindell though, he made most of his money long before Trump and he ever even met.  He was just plugging along, growing his little empire, because people decided pillows were one of those things you could order to home, sleep on it, and return it if you didn't like it.  No reason to waste a half a Saturday testing them out at 5 different stores.  Obviously his new foray into politics has very much shifted his business model.

But yeah, the whole "Liberals are trying to cancel him, so we're gonna buy his pillows and linens even though we don't really prefer them" is just a weird twist on shit.  My wife's parents started buying his towels and sheets since the 2020 election for this same reason.  It seems like a strange reason to buy linens, because the owner is insane, a drug addict, and not beloved by CNN.  

Snuff films are often targeted by liberal District Attorneys who don't support Trump.  Should we buy those to show our support for the small business owner?  I mean, one of 'em literally features somebody being suffocated by a MyPillow

That's why I blame brain worms for Lindell.

If genes are true, we look forward to your posts in the Stupid things wives do/say thread.
  • Haha 1

Wow, your bank was unable to verify source of funds any longer.  They then decided to debank a seemingly insane crack addict who is about to be arrested/indicted.  Yes, big shock.  But what do I know about banking?  I never did get that promotion to assistant manager.  

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

These Republicans really do not like small government, and they really believe that government should have more control over private businesses.

Also, the Republicans literally passed the law that prevents all those people from getting bank accounts. 

• Like 1

On 1/13/2022 at 1:30 PM, squib said:

I can't imagine sleeping on two pillows unless they were extremely thin. But I'm curious why you don't get one pillow of sufficient girth. 

Also, your in-laws gave you a bed that was bereft of pillows? And then asked how you slept? Lol. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

These Republicans really do not like small government, and they really believe that government should have more control over private businesses.

I love this kind of argument and the one about big tech silencing Trump supporters. They must pick their targets randomly, because it seems like they've missed quite a few Trumpers. Or maybe, just maybe, they're going after these people for being pieces of shit who break the law and/or rules of the site and don't give a fuck whom they voted for. 

15 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Isn't she the one that was rumored to have been fucking Ted Cruz?

15 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Someone want to enlighten me why we would want to force terrorists, drug cartels, and sex traffickers to use cash instead of a bank where the mkneybis easily monitored, tracked, and seized?

23 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

I can't imagine sleeping on two pillows unless they were extremely thin. But I'm curious why you don't get one pillow of sufficient girth. 

I sleep with 2 pillows and they are thick pillows. Why 2? Because I'm a full grown man that sleeps on my side and don't want to use a giant throw pillow or sofa cushion. I would happily use a rock before a mypillow.

• Hook 'Em 2

I know one day I'm gonna be at my wife's sister's household or her parents and at breakfast they're gonna ask how I liked the new bed/pillow/linens/whatever.  Like the guy in "Go!" when he asks Scott Wolf and Jay Mohr, "This wine, these plates, even that cologne you liked...all Confederated Products!"  I'm gonna be polite and say, "Yes, slept like a baby...everything is really nice in there."  And they're gonna spring it on me, "ZING!  That's a pillow and bed linens from Mike Lindell.  You know?  The mypillow.com guy you used to make fun of.  What do you think about that funny guy?"  

I'm sure it's a decent product.  And I don't condemn his past. It's just that he's fucking insane and if I give him money, he's gonna do weird shit with it.

I know one day I'm gonna be at my wife's sister's household or her parents and at breakfast they're gonna ask how I liked the new bed/pillow/linens/whatever.  Like the guy in "Go!" when he asks Scott Wolf and Jay Mohr, "This wine, these plates, even that cologne you liked...all Confederated Products!"  I'm gonna be polite and say, "I felt confused and dishonest, and woke up stupider.”

fify

7 minutes ago, AnTiM said:

Is there some standard length of time for two weeks, or is it just some interminable interval dreamed up by a nut job?  Inquiring minds want to know.

It’s a rough estimate of the amount of time it will take the short attention span public to forget you made a promise/prediction. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/13/2022 at 3:03 PM, High Plains Drifter said:

At last, someone I can ask, are the pillows any good? Comfortable? Short product review please?

My parents replaced all their pillows with My Pillows because smart, sane people also get taken in by the stupid, insane culture war.

Reporting from visiting for the holidays: they’re ok; better than sleezy, bloodstained motel pillows, but nothing all that great. They seemed very inflated, if that makes any sense; like a balloon full of air.

They’re a bit strange, but not entirely unpleasant. At least we can say “Merry Christmas!” again.

On 1/16/2022 at 11:24 AM, Lobo said:

I know one day I'm gonna be at my wife's sister's household or her parents and at breakfast they're gonna ask how I liked the new bed/pillow/linens/whatever.  Like the guy in "Go!" when he asks Scott Wolf and Jay Mohr, "This wine, these plates, even that cologne you liked...all Confederated Products!"  I'm gonna be polite and say, "Yes, slept like a baby...everything is really nice in there."  And they're gonna spring it on me, "ZING!  That's a pillow and bed linens from Mike Lindell.  You know?  The mypillow.com guy you used to make fun of.  What do you think about that funny guy?"  

I'm sure it's a decent product.  And I don't condemn his past. It's just that he's fucking insane and if I give him money, he's gonna do weird shit with it.

I think you and I are the only ones that appreciate that movie.

2 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Yeah, that's a good way to get sanctioned.

And, you can't appeal a motion to dismiss unless it's granted against you, anyway.

And the DC Circuit dismissed his appeal last week.  https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/dc-circuit-rejects-mypillow-ceo-mike-lindell-e2-80-99s-appeal-after-judge-refuses-to-throw-out-dominion-e2-80-99s-lawsuit/ar-AAT7VO0

So yeah, Mike, eat a dick and prepare your anus.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, that's a good way to get sanctioned.

And, you can't appeal a motion to dismiss unless it's granted against you, anyway.

And the DC Circuit dismissed his appeal last week.  https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/dc-circuit-rejects-mypillow-ceo-mike-lindell-e2-80-99s-appeal-after-judge-refuses-to-throw-out-dominion-e2-80-99s-lawsuit/ar-AAT7VO0

So yeah, Mike, eat a dick and prepare your anus.

well then, he'll just walk over his case to the supreme court !

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

well then, he'll just walk over his case to the supreme court !

Seems like the cast of a sitcom where we see the same characters over and over every week or so.  And, no need to mess around with far flung jurisdictions, heck, just take everything to your local, hometown Supreme Court!  The SDNY is about as exotic as it gets, like when the boys from Happy Days went on the road trip to Chicago and the red headed guy forgot his wallet.  

40 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Seems like the cast of a sitcom where we see the same characters over and over every week or so.  And, no need to mess around with far flung jurisdictions, heck, just take everything to your local, hometown Supreme Court!  The SDNY is about as exotic as it gets, like when the boys from Happy Days went on the road trip to Chicago and the red headed guy forgot his wallet.  

17 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Lindell is combining the Alex Jones legal strategy with fortnite.

image.png.3f4dfe63850a1edfa22c4b944dc886a0.png

I don’t understand what either of these posts mean and they are referencing stuff that is like 50 years apart. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is there some standard length of time for two weeks, or is it just some interminable interval dreamed up by a nut job?  Inquiring minds want to know.

You know how the absolutely drunkest mofos ever pulled over insist that they just had “two beers?” Yeah….this is like that, except for totally insane fucking psychopaths.

And ignoring a federal judge’s order is a great way to get sanctioned. Doing so because you insist you are waiting on the results of your appeal of a non-appealable interlocutory order….that makes it worse.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Meant to quote @Biff Tannen

Naw. Fortnite is a game kids play on game boy or something, and a play on the admittedly archaic word fortnight, which, of course, means two weeks time. Not showing up for a court ordered surrender of documents is Alex Jones’ inadvisable legal playbook from last year. I’ll be seeing more future than pasture, thank you very much.

Edited by Willfully Horn