2022 ATP/WTA thread

shadow_operative2.0

On 12/30/2021 at 3:32 PM, perfectchaos007 said:

Her dad is such a good photographer 

That was the first thing that went through my mind. 

Side Note: I didn’t know that she had that bubble butt. 👀👍

That is far and away my favorite side of her. 😋

5 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Sofia’s Fila skirt is short even by her standards. 

Amanda is on a small side-court on TC now. 

Amanda looks like a tired veteran. She won in classic WTA 3-set fashion... losing the second set 1-6... oh, and she's only 20.

Kevin needs to find a positive fire and use that. She looked pretty good in her win against Bronzetti, but she had about 4 match points on her serve to win 6-4 and got broken. Then broke back, then won. 

Her 5 straight points against Mugaruza when don 0-40 in the 2nd set two years ago in Australia will probably be her defining moment on the tour... but it's not a bad moment to have.

6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

FUCK HIM !!

I would have let him cry in Serbia or Monte Carlo... wherever he wanted to be a whiny bitch.

I’m actually a fan of Djokovic, but everyone needs to play by the same rules. Djokovic being given a waiver sets a horrible precedent and is also a slap in the face for the thousands of Australian expats who have tried for 2 years to get back into Australia but could not due to australias strict covid restrictions 

Edited by perfectchaos007
  • Hook 'Em 2

18 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Mix-up?  The article I just read said he's being denied entry and deported because he's not vaccinated.

yeah there's no mix-up. he and his buddies at the ATP were trying to bullshit his unvaccinated ass into the country and the Aussies called them on it. 

send his ass home.

Edited by The Dog
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 1/5/2022 at 5:55 PM, perfectchaos007 said:

That is now the case, yes. Tweet I posted earlier was from this morning. Here's the update

I hate djoker but this is some unbelievably stupid political BS from Australia. That entire country is the laughingstock of the world. North Korea is taking notes from them.

• Hook 'Em 1

When is Djokovic going to be sent to the guillotine?

Lop off his head already! You know that that’s what the people want! That’s what the people need!guillatime

Australia, New Zealand, & Taiwan are the world’s best examples of how to deal with this virus 🦠.

11 hours ago, The Dog said:

yeah there's no mix-up. he and his buddies at the ATP were trying to bullshit his unvaccinated ass into the country and the Aussies called them on it. 

send his ass home.

the PM admitted that there are other players already in Australia under the same exemption they gave him.

My guess is that Naomi is a little more focused on the Aussie Open than the [Melbourne] Extravaganza!

Grand Slams are much easier on women than normal tour events, because they get one to two days between best 2 out of 3 matches vs having to play them 5 days in a row.

Edited by Napoleon

8 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Anisimova won the 250 event! I don't think she's a threat at the AO, but this is the best she has played since the passing of her father. She's building confidence which is great to see. 

Just watched the highlight video and Anisimova was a little up and down.

First Set: Down a break (I think) and then came back and won 7-5

Second-early Third: Anisimova loses 9 of the next 10 games before holding to be down a break at 1-3.

Middle Third on->: Anismova won 6 of the last 7 games to win the match.

HIGHLIGHT VIDEO: https://www.wtatennis.com/news/2443068/anisimova-captures-melbourne-crown-to-win-second-career-title

-2nd Career Title
-1st Since she lost her dad
-Had some nice shots, hit some lines, she's not fleet of foot. She's going to have to work like Maria Sharapova if she wants to make a dent in the women's game. She's barely 20 and she's looking like she has the quickness of a 30 year-old. She has zero fast-twitch in her legs, but may be carrying about 10 more pounds than she needs to be.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Looks like Novax will play afterall. I look forward to his reception when he walks on court in his first round next week 

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/novak-djokovic-news-live-updates-latest-b1989751.html

I would prefer that people boycott his matches to people jeering him. 

Being ignored is even a bigger fear of his to being hated. 

IN OTHER NEWS:

If you like slim, but athletic legs, Jacqueline Cristian vs Priscilla Hon (Asian from Australia) is currently LIVE on the Tennis Channel in the WTA 500 in Sydney this week.

It’s a match that is easy on the eyes. 

Keys looked trim and moving well for her. Just seemed fit and energetic from the start. Also, Keys was serving very well when I was watching. Several aces & service winners.

Svitolina seemed a little out of shape and really needs to have the movement advantage if she is going to beat Keys if it is a day when Keys isn’t beating herself. 

Sofia… 

She’ll always have 2020.

On 1/6/2022 at 9:47 PM, Napoleon said:

When is Djokovic going to be sent to the guillotine?

Lop off his head already! You know that that’s what the people want! That’s what the people need!guillatime

Australia, New Zealand, & Taiwan are the world’s best examples of how to deal with this virus 🦠.

Australia jailing people without trial for not taking experimental drugs is really stunning and brave. 

The Joker donated a shit ton of money to Oz when it was on fire, and this is how they repay him? Hilarious

1641757583733-pol.jpg

1641757937100-pol.jpg

• Fuck You 2

6 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Australia jailing people without trial for not taking experimental drugs is really stunning and brave. 

The Joker donated a shit ton of money to Oz when it was on fire, and this is how they repay him? Hilarious

1641757583733-pol.jpg

1641757937100-pol.jpg

Jesus the Greek pantheon is led by a moron?  Experimental drugs, huh?

2 hours ago, Hefeweizen said:

Jesus the Greek pantheon is led by a moron?  Experimental drugs, huh?

So we should all just take a vaccine without long term studies or be subject to concentration camps and restriction of freedoms? Im vaccinated and disagree strongly with what is happening in Australia. It is up to the individual to decide. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

So we should all just take a vaccine without long term studies or be subject to concentration camps and restriction of freedoms? Im vaccinated and disagree strongly with what is happening in Australia. It is up to the individual to decide. 

If you don’t get vaxxxed, you don’t get to play. Simple as that. Your choice. 

It’s the same with kindergarten… preschool even. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

We?  Are you Novak?  Feel free not to go to Australia, this is about their rules.  But I think the reference to experimental automatically moves you into kooky cookie camp.

• Hook 'Em 2