2022 ATP/WTA thread

shadow_operative2.0

31 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

She was clearly about to burst into tears at the 5-6 changeover, then getting demolished in the breaker sealed it. 

1) I will volunteer to comfort her. 

2) Jack Sock is putting on a show vs Tsitsipas but then shat the bed at 5-4 in the tie-breaker.

Back on serve.

And another shitting of the bed. 

I fucking hate Tsitsipas. 

Edited by Napoleon

5 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Jesus, now she wants to address the crowd after losing. 

She probably needs to quit tennis, something isn’t right in that head and she has plenty of cash to do something else.  Playing obviously does not make her happy and she looks off every time I’ve seen her.  

There is an awful lot of choking in tennis these days.  The only guys you can count on now are Nadal and Djoker.  They don’t choke.

And Zverev, but he likes to do his choking off court.

• Hook 'Em 2

This is insane. 

https://www.espn.com/tennis/story/_/id/33490935/naomi-osaka-addresses-crowd-fan-heckles-loss-indian-wells

She needs to hang it up. Part of being a professional is the mental game and she doesn’t have it. 

Trying to get the fans thrown out is ridiculous. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Hook 'Em 1

Something that I noticed in the match was how slow of foot Naomi is vs how fast she needed to be against Kudermetova’s forehand. 

Naomi was tearing up after the first game of the match. It probably affected her in the first set, but the way Kudermetova was moving forward to take Naomi’s second serves so early and was smashing the ball to both corners, Naomi just couldn’t move her body into place fast enough. 

She lost this match because she wasn’t good enough to match Kudermetova’s game. She was inferior and has a lower ceiling than Kudermetova, but…

Kudermetova has never been consistent enough to make a real impact on tour… is my understanding.

• Hook 'Em 2

Vika just broke down and started crying for about 2 or 3 minutes when serving at deuce in a very long game. 

The chair umpire came down out of her chair to check on Vika who could be heard saying “I’m sorry, I’m sorry.”

Then the Russian (who has played for Kazakhstan for 4 years) came to the net to see if a doctor was going to be called… or basically “WTF?”

No time violation or anything for a crying break. It was so weird.

Rybakina asked “Is this normal?” 😆

The chair umpire responded “No, it’s not normal, but…”

Rybakina was obviously annoyed that this was being let happen without time violations or whatever. 

29 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Great win for Brooksby. Almost like he sacrificed the first set to feel out Tsitsipas' game, just so he could execute his plan in the 2nd and 3rd sets.

He said that he started out tight when talking about it in the interview after the match. 

Something was wrong with Tsitsipas. He played like he was on cold medicine and then it wore off in the second set. It was a bit odd. 

Isner beats Schwartzman and this is the last shot of the two of them before the cameraman really started lowering the camera on Schwartzman’s side to make Schwartzman not look as much like a midget. (Perspective)

29898E14-10D3-4411-9135-B886B70289EC.jpeg

Edited by Napoleon
  • Haha 1

Madison Keys crushed it when going on the court, in serve, after the 3-4 changeover in the 2nd set. She won 8 straight points to take both games going into the commercial break. 

At 5-4  she served to 40-15, 40-30, then Game/ Set/ Match. Then had a funny interview in the Tennis channel studio about finally accepting how slow these courts are after not accepting it for many years. She is finally willing to let it go and accept that the points are just going to go longer. 

Sakkari is playing Daria [Gavrilova] Saville, who just took an injury timeout and then returned to say No más

So Sakkari moves on. 

Saville is Russian, but switched to Australia recently after marrying her Aussie fiancé. She was wearing a yellow skirt and blue top to show her support for Ukraine. Also, the Indian Wells tennis center is flying the 🇺🇸 & 🇺🇦 flags and that’s it for countries. (They can be seen out the window when the Tennis Channel is in studio.