2022 ATP/WTA thread

shadow_operative2.0

4 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Little CiCi Bellis is commentating, she's pretty good. 

Yeah I remember when Cici commentated the USTA Tennis on Campus nationals  several years back from the national tennis center in Orlando, so I'm not surprised to see her comfortably fit in with the tennis channel crew as i'm sure she has had several other commentating gigs in between then. I saw that she also recently got engaged to a former Florida tennis player, so she has stayed busy since retiring from pro tennis.

Anyone see this match?

BD5DE805-C216-489B-89B3-31B4295E4A09.thumb.jpeg.ababe709969130885525e80a1244d107.jpeg

I feel like Osaka is on an accelerated Serena career arc. 

She’s closing in on her 25th birthday (2 months away) and she’s already pulling her fat mid-match and having to withdraw. 

It would be crazy if she is already past her Grand Slam-winning window.

Simona Halep is looking quite nice out there against Pegula. Quite nice. As for her tennis she’s been on the ropes several times and has battled through more than a dozen break points in set 2 and 3. Love how she plays. final set on now. She’s up 4-2. 

Edited by troph

12 hours ago, troph said:

Second set Evans Carreno Busta was grand slam final worthy.  I usually prefer womens tennis because it’s rally ball tennis moreso than many men’s matches but holy wow those guys went all out. Third set 2-2 had a 33 ball rally.

About half way through that 33 shot rally I said “What a point!” out loud and they were just half way there. It was a highly entertaining point. 

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

About half way through that 33 shot rally I said “What a point!” out loud and they were just half way there. It was a highly entertaining point. 

Rally tolerance is a huge part of the game (as anyone who is on this thread knows). I play alright for 46 and at about 10 total with no progression to control or a winning shot I start to lose it. 33 is just incredible. 

Halep and haddad Maia just had a 22 shot rally. 

she was a grinder today. won the overwhelming majority of rallies lasting more than 9 and they had several well past 20. third set her consistency was at another level, only took the extreme angle or the chance when it was for a winner. she didn't force anything. she played beautiful neutral ball tennis and outlasted her opponent. it was an excellent clinic on how to play solid percentage tennis quite frankly. I was inspired.