Time to visit Waco

skipperj

On 2/27/2023 at 5:18 PM, Post Oak said:

Billy Bob's burger is opening up close to me.  Excited to try it. Pics of the downtown location look good

Billy Bob’s is pretty damn solid.  New location not far from me either.  Think they just opened up this past Monday.  

1 hour ago, Post Oak said:

Good to know.  I'm just waiting for them to work out any kinks. 

They’ve got most of that worked out already since they have the downtown location and temple location to pull from.   It’ll be a nice little spot to grab a beer or two and have some apps on the way home from work 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/10/2023 at 12:34 PM, SimonBolivar said:

Does anyone know the people behind this project? It feels like one of those things that has a 50/50 chance of ever opening here.

https://centraltxreporter.com/2023/03/14/new-rock-climbing-gym-the-basin-to-open-in-hewitt/

It would be the perfect location for me

No idea.  I'll try and find out.  

17 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

No idea.  I'll try and find out.  

Some creeping on the CAD website and LinkedIn points me towards some people from one of the bicycle shops in town. No way it gets finished in time for Labor Day if they haven't even broken ground yet. I'm wondering if this is one of those dead projects.

2 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Some creeping on the CAD website and LinkedIn points me towards some people from one of the bicycle shops in town. No way it gets finished in time for Labor Day if they haven't even broken ground yet. I'm wondering if this is one of those dead projects.

If it's the owners of Bicycle World, it'll absolutely get done.  But no, it absolutely will not be done by Labor Day.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

If it's the owners of Bicycle World, it'll absolutely get done.  But no, it absolutely will not be done by Labor Day.  

Well they just posted on Instagram yesterday so definitely not dead yet. I want to say it wasn't the current ownership of Bicycle World, but rather someone involved with a shop 5 or 6 years ago that's doing something else now. I can't remember the exact shop/person and my 2-minute search today wasn't as fruitful as the full dive a couple weeks ago.

Basin Climbing and Fitness (@basinclimbing) • Instagram photos and videos

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...