Cotton Bowl CFP Semi Bama vs Cincy

Surly Bevo

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:
3 minutes ago, millhouse said:
Cincinnati needs to get thir shit together at halftime they're certainly looking like a team that is in over their head

They are. They don't match up in any area to Bama.

They have a couple of receivers who match up with the Alabama secondary (at least the one out there today) but that's about it and Ridder won't have the time to let them get open anyway. 

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

I had hopes for this game.

Looks like I'll take a nap.

same. 

it's a shame. 

you can really see when a team is mentally overmatched. i mean they are physically overmatched in the trenches, but there are way too many mental mistakes going on, both on and off the field. 3rd and goal from the nine throw a -4 yard pass behind the line of scrimmage against that defensive line? 1st and goal from the nine and you don't run it once, despite that getting you down there?

just dreadful all the way around. if the score were reversed right now, at halftime, with cinci winning 17 - 3, i would still believe alabama wins, just based on how alabama knows they are going to win, whereas cinci really wants to win.

• Hook 'Em 1

Cincy playing it safe all half.

Didn't run QB on O out of fear of getting him hurt I guess. Result? A bunch of 3 n outs.

Didn't commit to stopping the run for fear of being be by th pass. Result? Bama O stayed on field for most of half.

Just like the prevent D prevents a win, playing it safe does as well.

Just now, hayden_horn said:

i think if we get an alabama georgia rematch, i'll skip watching the game.

this

it won't make a shit but if the core of college football fans around the country deliberately ran their TVs on another channel, say, one of the trash shopping channels, the ratings spike would send a message

a 4-hour spike of 1 million viewers for the home shopping network combined with a #metoo tweetstorm would send a message

4 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

for the good of the game, kill the bowls, expand to 16, and break the cartel at the top

it's our only hope

Why?  Alabama would just destroy Cincy in the Final Four. If that make it that far. You can not administer around “breaking up the cartel”, which is exactly Alabama and to a lesser extent Clemson.  What has to happen is Texas, Florida, LSU, USC have to get good again. And Georgia, OU and Clemson have to get better. 

Nobody can compete with Bama currently because of Saban. Trying to manage around that would be ridiculous. Cincy never had a chance here and lol to those that thought they did. 

2 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

this

it won't make a shit but if the core of college football fans around the country deliberately ran their TVs on another channel, say, one of the trash shopping channels, the ratings spike would send a message

a 4-hour spike of 1 million viewers for the home shopping network combined with a #metoo tweetstorm would send a message

I've always wondered how ratings stats are even gathered.

31 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Does BoB know Cincy can't stop them if they just run the ball? 

Some people say Bama's QB is the best in college football, so you would think they could rely on the pass. Maybe it's just their one receiver is really good, and Cincy has mostly shut him down?

Doesn't seem like this can work both ways 

Just now, Porterhouse said:

Why?  Alabama would just destroy Cincy in the Final Four. If that make it that far. You can not administer around “breaking up the cartel”, which is exactly Alabama and to a lesser extent Clemson.  What has to happen is Texas, Florida, LSU, USC have to get good again. And Georgia, OU and Clemson have to get better. 

Nobody can compete with Bama currently because of Saban. Trying to manage around that would be ridiculous. Cincy never had a chance here and lol to those that thought they did. 

klatt laid out the incontrovertible argument that only major expansion will break the bama cartel

his argument is unassailable

6 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

this

Going to guess the average “fan” just wants to and will watch the game. They aren’t on message boards bitching about the SEC suck-off or playoff rankings and realignment.

People love to ascribe their world view into the general public. This message board’s bitching about Alabama is not indicative of the average football fan - they’ll turn on the game. 

We are a message board of mostly pissed off Longhorns bc we haven’t been relevant in a decade.  We need to get better.  And I’ll watch it because the alternative is no real college football until August. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

klatt laid out the incontrovertible argument that only major expansion will break the bama cartel

his argument is unassailable

it's more than that, those 15 games would be significantly more interesting than the 40 other pointless bowl games we get now. The NCAA has gone with quantity over quality of matchups, and it's really beginning to show. Players are hitting the portal and skipping Bowl games, NFL prospects are skipping out on Bowls, even entire teams are cancelling lower Bowls because they are pointless.  4 weeks of 15 games to determine a real champion is quite an improvement over the dumb shit we see now. Nobody cares about 90% of the bowl games as is. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Js1 said:

Going to guess the average “fan” just wants to and will watch the game. They aren’t on message boards bitching about the SEC suck-off or playoff rankings and realignment.

People love to ascribe their world view into the general public. This message board’s bitching about Alabama is not indicative of the average fan - they’ll turn on the game. 

We are a message board of mostly pissed off Longhorns bc we haven’t been relevant in a decade.  We need to get better.  And I’ll watch it because the alternative is no real college football until August. 

let me be clearer - such a protest as proposed would only be of interest to the extremely small core of fans - but you have to set an unreachable target - call it the million fan boycott - and be happy with 10000 #metoo tweets - there are 10000 of us out there nationwide that hate the current situation, and i don't mean horn suckage

7 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

this

What message? That Bama needs to not be so good?

Cincy might be outmatched in this game but you know what, according to the score, so was Georgia when they played Bama. The Bearcats still deserve to be here. Their 13-0 season earned them that right.

The no-rematch bullshit is just that, bullshit.

UGA should be the 4 seed as the non- conference champion participant. 

My opinion on this won't change regardless of the final outcome of this game.

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

People love to ascribe their world view into the general public. This message board’s bitching about Alabama is not indicative of the average football fan - they’ll turn on the game. 

The two lowest rated championship games since 2005 are the Alabama-LSU rematch and Alabama-Clemson Part 3.

It actually does matter, just not enough.