Cotton Bowl CFP Semi Bama vs Cincy

Surly Bevo

2 minutes ago, BluTechsan said:

Cincy might be outmatched in this game but you know what, according to the score, so was Georgia when they played Bama. The Bearcats still deserve to be here. Their 13-0 season earned them that right.

The no-rematch bullshit is just that, bullshit.

UGA should be the 4 seed as the non- conference champion participant. 

My opinion on this won't change regardless of the final outcome of this game.

I could not agree more and you, me and everybody knows why they split up the 2 SEC teams in the bracket.

Just now, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

college football has been badly damaged by the NFL draft and not too many good teams left to justify anything more than an 8 team playoff.  Even this year, 4 seems too many. 

nah, should be 8 or 16. 

then you've got the opportunity to let all conference champs in, have your sec bias, and throw in a couple of at large teams. it' s far more interesting than watching rutgers play wake in some shitass bowl.

with the opt outs and the portal and the draft, you have to make the games meaningful. 

2 minutes ago, TXpride said:

What message? That Bama needs to not be so good?

He is talking about expanding the playoffs to increase access to national playoff games to more schools which in theory will create some parity across the landscape. The idea is it lessens the magnetic draw of the top programs that continue to recruit the best recruits every year.

17 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

for the good of the game, kill the bowls, expand to 16, and break the cartel at the top

it's our only hope

What's this mean? If the top 4 teams yield mismatches in a playoff, it would be even more egregious in a 16 team playoff.

If people aren't tuning in to watch lower tier bowls, they're also not tuning in to see a Georgia demolish a BYU or a 3 loss Utah-type team just because they managed to win the Pac 12. 

Enjoy the game. 

Just now, Disco Missile said:

What's this mean? If the top 4 teams yield mismatches in a playoff, it would be even more egregious in a 16 team playoff.

If people aren't tuning in to watch lower tier bowls, they're also not tuning in to see a Georgia demolish a BYU or a 3 loss Utah-type team just because they managed to win the Pac 12. 

Enjoy the game. 

watch the klatt video

1 minute ago, Disco Missile said:

Enjoy the game. 

nonsense. people tune in to watch #1 seed duke blast the #66 seed sisters of the poor at 11am to start march madness.

if you build it, they will come.

• Hook 'Em 4

an 8 team playoff accordng to the final CFP rankings

1.       Bama vs. 8. Ole Miss

2.       Michigan vs. 7. Baylor

3.       Georgia vs. 6. Ohio State

4.       Cincinatti vs. 5. Notre Dame (rematch would spark interest)

not bad at all, I favor the 8, only 1 extra round from the current format.

4 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Cincy has to go for this. 3 points does nothing. 

3 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Field goals ain’t gonna do it boys 

3 minutes ago, Chad said:

Cincy ain't gonna win this game by kicking field goals.

2 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Field goals are for losers.

2 minutes ago, Bigjohns97 said:

Field lols

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

Only 4 more FG's!!!

yeah, they turned a two score game into...a two score game..

usually, i'm a fan of taking the points against a superior team. but in this case, cinci needs something more.

1 minute ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

an 8 team playoff accordng to the final CFP rankings

1.       Bama vs. 8. Ole Miss

2.       Michigan vs. 7. Baylor

3.       Georgia vs. 6. Ohio State

4.       Cincinatti vs. 5. Notre Dame (rematch would spark interest)

not bad at all, I favor the 8, only 1 extra round from the current format.

2 rematches there

12 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

attractive.jpg

since the Cincy girl has dominated the thread, do we agree with this map? Blue is best looking females, red is bad.  Bama #48?? NJ #1? 

I got a good chuckle.

Depends on who made the list. I don't like sleeve tats, so Cali is rough territory for me. NY/NJ is happy hunting if you're a fan of big glasses and big noses.

Give me Texas, Arizona, Hawaii, Florida, Colorado, and Louisiana at the top and the rest don't matter.

11 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

nonsense. people tune in to watch #1 seed duke blast the #66 seed sisters of the poor at 11am to start march madness.

if you build it, they will come.

Works in NCAA BB because the entire tourney is an event and there's nothing else like it this side of the FIFA World Cup.

If NCAA FB goes to that model, maybe. Otherwise, no. No one is watching those games.

• Like 1