Immortal13 has been banned

immamac

42 minutes ago, immamac said:

Wouldn't stop picking fights on the board, picked a fight with me after DMs. It was time for him to no longer be a part of this community. 

He seems like someone who probably needs real life psych help.  This definitely wasn’t the place for him.  I hope he gets help.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

He used to be a pretty decent poster.  Not sure what got up his ass the last few months.  I do seem to recall a family tragedy.

he was always pretty salty, but yeah, since that happened, he's been over the top. he also picked a fight with me over DMs, and i just had to stop responding, because nothing i would say to him would matter. he thinks i have something against him, but i never really did. he was furious with me for moving a thread from dt to cr, even though it was his suggestion, and he was right, it had taken a decided cr turn. sorry, not sorry.

i hope he gets right, though. i can't imagine.

• Hook 'Em 3

I had a rather lengthy (and I think sincere) DM with him yesterday.  I reiterated that I wished him peace over the holidays, as I think his personal tragedy must be behind much of his salty postings.  I do hope he works through things.  I can't imagine how I'd be were I in his situation.

• Hook 'Em 5

Yknow, the science says we get a little hit of dopamine from posting in places like this.  And I suppose that might go double for highly popular or unpopular posts.

I can imagine if your world has gone a bit bleak, those little hits can become more addicting, if they aren't already.

• Hook 'Em 2

I thought that was the dude who was from Ohio and was spiking the football thinking Trump had won and then asked imma to delete his account and posts after Biden won. 

I think that was Ttom. Fucking lunatic.

As a father, like many of us are, I felt horrible about the loss of his daughter.

But in general, he was a bad poster that like to stir shit up.
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, immamac said:

Wouldn't stop picking fights on the board, picked a fight with me after DMs. It was time for him to no longer be a part of this community. 

What the fuck? Why bro? Because he defends himself and throws it back against the leftists who get to spew personal attacks all the time. That’s bullshit. Penelope, JimmyJames and wildcat09 INCESSANTLY throw out personal attacks against Johnny Sack, immortal and anyone who is right wing like us who wants to venture in there. They are bullies and fucking were basically DOXXING him talking about his family, side occupation, etc that is NOT public information. THIS IS BULLSHIT. You run the board how you like but know that CR sucks and is a cesspool and people like me who are articulate and can make an argument and stake a political position at odds with the groupthink don’t go in there. I hope you reconsider when cooler heads prevail and reinstate him.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

9 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

What the fuck? Why bro? Because he defends himself and throws it back against the leftists who get to spew personal attacks all the time. That’s bullshit. Penelope, JimmyJames and wildcat09 INCESSANTLY throw out personal attacks against Johnny Sack, immortal and anyone who is right wing like us who wants to venture in there. They are bullies and fucking were basically DOXXING him talking about his family, side occupation, etc that is NOT public information. THIS IS BULLSHIT. You run the board how you like but know that CR sucks and is a cesspool and people like me who are articulate and can make an argument and stake a political position at odds with the groupthink don’t go in there. I hope you reconsider when cooler heads prevail and reinstate him.

The "rules" here are largely community driven. It's part of why it's such a great board. The community that posts in the CR happens to be very left-leaning. If you have a problem with it then don't participate. There are plenty of us with varying political ideologies that don't have a problem with the mods or other posters here (at least when it comes to political stuff) because we don't bark up that tree. And some of us do post in the CR from time to time and keep it fairly genteel.

Would you complain if you went to Texags and proclaimed your Texas fandom and were then similarly ostracized?

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

The "rules" here are largely community driven. It's part of why it's such a great board. The community that posts in the CR happens to be very left-leaning. If you have a problem with it then don't participate. There are plenty of us with varying political ideologies that don't have a problem with the mods or other posters here (at least when it comes to political stuff) because we don't bark up that tree. And some of us do post in the CR from time to time and keep it fairly genteel.

Would you complain if you went to Texags and proclaimed your Texas fandom and were then similarly ostracized?

We are fucking Longhorns and not groupthink aggy. That’s why it’s embarrassing that a UT message board has a political board that is the mirror image of Texags political board. Back in the day of the West Mall and original CR you would catch shit for stating unpopular opinions - like being against the Iraq War when it started. The non-stop personal attacks weren’t allowed at hornfans and West Mall was the best iteration of the UT political message board. There was more personal shit flinging on TOS but it was never as bad as it is now. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 3

20 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

You act like posting here is a right.  It’s a privilege.  I had some DM’s w Immortal years ago and we cleared the air.  We were opposites politically but stayed out of each other’s space.  I didn’t want to see him booted but the fit you’re throwing makes very little sense to me. 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

You act like posting here is a right.  It’s a privilege.  I had some DM’s w Immortal years ago and we cleared the air.  We were opposites politically but stayed out of each other’s space.  I didn’t want to see him booted but the fit you’re throwing makes very little sense to me. 

For better or worse, this is a community that has been around for 20+ years since Hornfans. Guys like mdmost, haydenhorn and bozo have been sound since the beginning and have been of like mind - a cabal :). Ok that’s fine. They aren’t the ones causing problems.

I would never would have believed it, but old school Hornfans with LonghornGirlie and her blinking envelopes and heavy handed moderation was a far, far better for political talk. Football had better discussion too with guys like ScipioTex but the moderation and not being able to call for the heads of Mack and Greg Davis killed that site.

Long story short - this community used to be a lot better and the personal attack crew has driven a lot of people away. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 3

Just now, Herbie Hancock said:

Damnit one leg why are you sending me PM’s? I’m not opening that shit. 

Whoever Icono is, I think it is poor form to make fun of someone for a disability and for addiction issues who is no longer a participating member of this board. That’s below the belt.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

55 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

I defended him in threads. Sack isn't in any danger and neither is anyone else. If you start random bullshit with me and I tell you to fucking stop, if you don't that is on you. I've been very public and very transparent about fuck around and find out. 

Do not fuck around and you will never have to find out. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Oh fuck off, Icono.
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, mdmost said:

His daughter passed away earlier this year. I think that would affect any parent dealing with the grief. Probably healthier for him to not be at a place that causes him so much anger. 

Wow, I had no idea.  That's sad, and could skew anyone's view of the world.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Way to make it about you.

• Haha 1